Spam

xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
edited December 2009 in Musicians and Gearheads
Man, what's up with all the spammers? I know the pit has changed DRASTICALLY lately but can't we get a sticky that says "Come check out my band" or whatever without having tons of threads dedicated to it? Or am I one of the only posters who feels this way...not meaning to be a hater...I'm just kinda let down with the content of this board, as of late.
Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
"Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• No dude i totally agree with you. Spamming on tenclub is not only annoying, its disrespectful to Pearl Jam. I dont spam, but if i was to spam, it would not be on this site.

Bands who try to get famous over the internet are not only a waste of time, but not worth listening to. Im sorry but like you said im not trying to be a hater, but if you were a real band, you would try to get known by playing amazing gigs. not telling people to click on your link.

What is the world coming to? Good music days are long gone. The days when you could mosh in a crowd, when you could crowd surf til you got tossed over the front gate? These days my friend are sad because all of that is gone. 99% of the concerts i go to anymore are full of sissies who cant stand being shoved around in a crowd. They cant handle when the push crowd comes around. Its funny i was threatened by a woman standing against the gate at a kings of leon concert that if i didnt stop bumping into her she would elbow me in the nose lol. Ive went off on a totally different topic; but anyways...
  • I wouldn't exactly call it spamming. I post links when I have something new to share because this is a Pearl Jam forum full of people who's opinion on music I value (for the most part). I think most people post about their own projects for the same reason.

Also:
    musicians.jpg

So relax fellas...here, while you're at it, check out my band:

http://www.myspace.com/offshoreradioband
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • i really don't care what anyone posts because if i don't want to read it, i won't click on it...

people are not coming here purely to spam their music. it's not like the old forum where anyone could post and you would get links from people who were obviously spammers and had one post promoting their music all the time. people here are members.

there's a bunch of talented musicians out there, who are just trying to get their music heard and promote their music, anyway they can.

and, i love lamp..

that is all..
  • and, i love lamp..
    :D Love that movie!

I think people should be able to talk about their bands. After all, we're all musicians here and playing in bands is what musicians do ;) . But on the other hand, I really like the idea of a sticky thread for band promotions! And it would even help everyone, because people wouldn't have to bump their theads all the time and if you want to look up a band that you once stumbled upon on here, you would get there far easier too.
  • I'm cool with people posting links. I'm in a band. I have the link in my signature, though. I think that's good enough. If you got that, whenever you post something PRODUCTIVE, you're also posting a link to your band. Yeah, it's not the old site but I almost miss the old site. More stimulating topics, just an all around more intimate feeling with everyone. I remember coming in and being new and asking for help and then I realized, after a while, I was helping people and I was one of the regulars. Now, it's rare that I see people I remember. It's almost sad, to be straight honest. Like I said, I'm not trying to hate on anyone and I know most of us ARE musicians but simply posting a link to your band and saying "listen to me and give me feedback" and then not contributing anything to the board is just annoying. Finding more threads about "check out my band" and less about gear reviews and questions is just as depressing and annoying. It's cool to say "hey I got a show, this Friday and I'm pretty excited. Any tips on preparation?" is a lot better than saying "hey, I'm playing a show this weekend. Go to my myspace and check me out...". (and yes, I've asked the first question, before and yes, I'm playing a show this Friday). In short, just contribute something to the board rather than simply posting your band link and leaving...kinda like a "wham bam, thank you ma'am" or a "hit it and quit it" ;)
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I miss the old board too, and I think ex's forum is shut down now...
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • and yes, I've asked the first question, before and yes, I'm playing a show this Friday
    Hey, good luck! I'm playing a show tonight and I still don't know if our keyboarder is going to be there because he's ill and couldn't even get out of bed yesterday... Good times. :)

As for the old board, I liked that too. Especially because there was a lot more going on.I don't remember getting off a single post there, though. Somehow I got into the whole posting thing pretty late...
  • Good luck. Our drummer just got medically cleared so hopefully it'll be okay. I'm really hoping YOU all do well. ROCK ON

Yeah, I'm just venting on here. I'm more or less just sad to see the content on the new board die out and ex's board getting shut down didn't help.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    i get the feeling that you may be talking about me & my collaboration with Chris (2-feign-reluctance). we didn't mean to have 2-3 threads in the forums, but people have known that we are musicians & it's fun to update everyone about what we're working on. plus, i think it's pretty damn cool to collaborate with someone that is a few states away & that i met through this board. i've always held the opinion that you should just ignore what you don't want to see/read/listen to. i won't apologize for being proud of what we've done...hopefully you'll take a listen & find something you like.

if i'm way off base here, i apologize. but this site & its forums allow you to talk about what you've been doing musically or otherwise.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • No, it's not you mfc...you contribute to the board, at least and don't just spam us.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Def man, i keep flaming people but others just jump on the train saying they are new and stuff...

Too many repatitive threads and just general SPAM.
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    I gave my mates band a plug on here once but I started the thread in "Other Music".
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • Good luck. Our drummer just got medically cleared so hopefully it'll be okay. I'm really hoping YOU all do well. ROCK ON
    Thanks! He managed to show up and it turned out to be one of our best shows yet!
  • Austicman wrote:
    I gave my mates band a plug on here once but I started the thread in "Other Music".
    I kinda think that's where it should go.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    No, it's not you mfc...you contribute to the board, at least and don't just spam us.

ok, cool. sorry that i jumped to that conclusion.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mfc2006 wrote:
    No, it's not you mfc...you contribute to the board, at least and don't just spam us.

ok, cool. sorry that i jumped to that conclusion.
    You're all good, man. Sorry if I came off attacking
  • Bump...and I won't explain why. It should be somewhat obvious.

Yeah, I'm a dick. Sue me.
  • :D
  • Bump...and I won't explain why. It should be somewhat obvious.

Yeah, I'm a dick. Sue me.
    at least if you need some cash for legal fees, you can sell a few of your pedals.

sorry, but i couldn't resist that one.

:mrgreen:
  • Hahaahaha, I've taken some off my board! You'll be surprised!
  • geggesgegges Posts: 12
    :o
    ok should have read this before my posting!
    a little visit, reminding me of his presence

http://shicehouse.net
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5bUssRhmGY
  • Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,990

True: spamming would concern people who'd only post something about their band. I mean, if a member regularly participates to the forum and sometimes gives information about his band, it's no longer spamming. ;)
  • Hub. wrote:

True: spamming would concern people who'd only post something about their band. I mean, if a member regularly participates to the forum and sometimes gives information about his band, it's no longer spamming. ;)
    Roght on!