please no bon jovi....please....please

YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
edited October 2009 in The Porch
i'm hearing chirps that bruce and bon jovi will sit in on 10/31.

im no bruce fan, but i'll deal with his sit in, itll prolly be fun.

but bon jovi.....please no...please please please no.
i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    I just bought bon jovi tix for my wife for the 5/26 meadowlands show this morning (which sold out in like 5 mins) - I purposely footed the bill for an extra ticket for my sister-in-law so I won't have to go. If I did all that and STILL have to see that guy I will be PISSED.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    i'm guessing Hall & Oates. Or Boyz II Men.
    I love to turn you on
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,858
    hall and oates would be very cool
    acoustic rich girl
    family man with MM ripping that solo

I like it
  • Hall & Oates all the way baby!
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,580
    what does bon jovi have to do with pearl jam's halloween show? :?
  • demetrios wrote:

more to do with the venue than anything else. there's a lot of rumors as far as special guest sit ins for the halloween show. i heard bono and chris cornell too.

i'll post more when i hear more.

all of this is hearsay
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • traveljunkietraveljunkie Posts: 663
    edited October 2009
    Bon Jovi heard rumors they were meant to play with Bruce at the last Giants Stadium show. I think they're still sitting backstage waiting so no need to worry about them/him showing up at the Spectrum.
    Post edited by traveljunkie on
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Wish I Was wrote:
    Bon Jovi heard rumors they were meant to play with Bruce at the last Giants Stadium show. I think they're still sitting backstage waiting so need to worry about them/him showing up at the Spectrum.
    Hopefully they will still be there when they blow it up...
    GoiMTvP.gif
    demetrios wrote:

more to do with the venue than anything else. there's a lot of rumors as far as special guest sit ins for the halloween show. i heard bono and chris cornell too.

i'll post more when i hear more.

all of this is hearsay

i don't mind bono. saw him live in toronto '05 with rockin' in the free world. the show lastnight on youtube was pretty good. as for bon 'fruity' jovi, i hope it's not true. cornell though, forget about it. the guy's a legend. i hope he's there. :)

i won't be surprised ben harper will be there to play red mosquito. though i wonder if he does come up, why didn't he ask to open for pearl jam. :|
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I'm not a huge Bon Jovi fan by any means, but he is highly associated with the city of Philadelphia. He has done a TON of charitable work in this city and has personally been involved with housing issues etc. for the homeless.

You can't fault a man that is willing to be really active in these endeavors.
  • i dont give at rats ass if u like bon jovi or not but im ok with that band

maybe its cause it helps bring me back great memories of an amazing strip bar experience that i had with "you give love a bad name" uhhhh hhhhuh
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,858
    I'm not a huge Bon Jovi fan by any means, but he is highly associated with the city of Philadelphia. He has done a TON of charitable work in this city and has personally been involved with housing issues etc. for the homeless.

wasnt he also the owner of the arena football team?

Funny I heard more than a year ago that it would be Bon jovi closing out the spectrum
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341

And he's got a beautiful smile :D
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Wish I Was wrote:
    Bon Jovi heard rumors they were meant to play with Bruce at the last Giants Stadium show. I think they're still sitting backstage waiting so no need to worry about them/him showing up at the Spectrum.
    so was mick jagger and pete from the who and elton john.

These rumors are just always that rumors. Besides didn't ed bash bon jovi in the 90's.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    metsfan wrote:
    Wish I Was wrote:
    so was mick jagger and pete from the who and elton john.

These rumors are just always that rumors. Besides didn't ed bash bon jovi in the 90's.

Pete from the Who? Metsfan, are you trying to give me a stroke? that would just be the BOMB for me

I know it's not going to happen though

I'm just looking forward to a kick ass show, whomever may or may not show up
  • Every Bon Jovi thread, some girl always says "he's really hot" or "I like his smile".

Ted Bundy had a nice smile too.
  • I have to agree that musically, Bon Jovi's music is an abomination. But comparing the guy to Ted Bundy...Jeez people. He's just a shitty musician...trying hold on, to what he's got. It doesn't make a difference if he makes it or not. He's got his money...and its alot. Oooooh, lets hope he gets shot....

Oh, sorry. Got carried away.

So yeah, stop being mean.
    Be Kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle
  • madonna will be guest..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • OK, I am no Bon Jovi fan, but seriously!?
    Every Bon Jovi thread, some girl always says "he's really hot" or "I like his smile".

Ted Bundy had a nice smile too.
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    What's DJ Jazzy Jeff up too?
    wishlistfoundation.org

doesn't he still live in the chalet towers in compton, california?
  • GratefulJamGratefulJam Posts: 1,802
    A little birdie told me Jerry Garcia will make an appearance...lol

Considering the Grateful Dead played the Spectrum something like 50 times, i am guessing a little piece of him will be there anyway.

Hail Hail to all the lucky ones for the closing of the Spectrum..RIP spectrum.
    "thru extensive negotiations we managed to get the curfew moved back..... we still don't have any time to fu&k around...."

LA II 06, SB 06, SF III 06, Kokua 07 Ed and Jack, Grant Park 07, EV Berk1 & LA 1 (nice job 10c), 08 DC, MSG1 &2, VH1 rocks, EV Bos II, EV NYC I & II, Milwaukee, EV Maui, EV Hono I & II, Chicago 09 I & II, LA 09 I & II & IV, SD 09 (my girlfriend hit the lottery, best concert of my life 10C rocks)KC 2010, STL 2010, Hartford. Boston, and MSG I & II "who goes around skinning cats anyway", PJ 20 2011 , Portland, Spokane, Seattle LA 2013, Home Shows + Missoula (fatal 👌)
  • demetrios wrote:

doesn't he still live in the chalet towers in compton, california?

Hell yeah, that place has been the bomb since Uncle Phil fixed it up. :lol:
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Maybe a few Dead Milkmen?

Or The Hooters?
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    I'm hearing Ben Franklin and William Penn are gonna show.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I'm hearing Ben Franklin and William Penn are gonna show.

I hear that William and Sean are sitting next to eachother.