No Bootlegs from 2009 UK shows

jonthedogjonthedog Posts: 5
edited October 2009 in The Porch
Why have no bootlegs been released from the 2009 UK shows, why are the UK fans being looked upon as the ginger step children of the PJ world?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Posts: 4,307
    It wont be released this month, some EU radio stations got broadcast licens untill the last October. So it will be released, as a best, in the begining of November.
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Thanks for that, at least it's given me a little hope they'll be released.
  • My friend from North Europe,Sweden give the info u need.. :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    From Kufala:

I wish I could tell you an exact date on the EU shows but the only info we have at this time is that they WILL be released. Some of you have accurately speculated the reasoning behind the delay, and we can relate to your frustration but as we have posted, Hang tight, They are coming. The long winded posts of frustration might relieve some of the pain but will not make them come any faster. We are not in the position to officially comment on the reason for the delay so I can not offer any more information than that.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,558
    They arn't, use the frickin' search button..
  • Brisk. wrote:
    They arn't, use the frickin' search button..
    :lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,580
    if only those radio stations in europe didn't get those exlusive rights to play those bootlegs on air, we would of been listening to those show's month's ago. we would of had a hard copy cd in our hands by now. hopefully the next european tour, this doesn't happen.
  • demetrios wrote:
    if only those radio stations in europe didn't get those exlusive rights to play those bootlegs on air, we would of been listening to those show's month's ago. we would of had a hard copy cd in our hands by now. hopefully the next european tour, this doesn't happen.
    I HOPE!!this take too long..and u know its the Kufala team so fast shipping,and will arrive so quick when we will order them.. :D
  • demetrios wrote:

You have to consider the promotional possibilities. Radio is different in Europe and broadcasting a concert like that could be very helpful to new album sales. It's the same as when they played Conan here...and that was just one song! I can't even tell you the last time I heard a concert on the radio, and most of the time it's just something vintage from KBFH or something.
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Has anyone heard the audience recording for these shows? I haven't, but read that the quality was pretty good.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,580
    demetrios wrote:

You have to consider the promotional possibilities. Radio is different in Europe and broadcasting a concert like that could be very helpful to new album sales. It's the same as when they played Conan here...and that was just one song! I can't even tell you the last time I heard a concert on the radio, and most of the time it's just something vintage from KBFH or something.

europe has so much freedom then usa or canada. they get to see on tv live concerts, commerical free & live concerts, commerical free, on air radio. we don't get stuff like that here. festivals like pink pop, reading festival, rock am ring, any huge festivals, they broadcast everything. as for promotional thing, i think it's dumb. cause this causes fans from europe to get upset & full of range against 10club & kufala, blaming them here as to why they are not releasing the show's first to the fans, while the usa/cdn show's have been released already. i kinda feel bad for canada on the backspacer promotional jam, cause we don't have target here. no orange fixer single here, and our crtc (canadian radio-television and telecommunications commission) is getting more & more uptight that there needs to be more canadian content and less usa/foriegn content on air.
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    demetrios wrote:

there's promotional advantage in PLAYING them but there's no promotional advantage in not releasing them already, especially to US (that's US, not U.S.), the ones that WERE at the shows in the first place!..not like we need any promoting to :roll:
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    DS114969 wrote:
    From Kufala:

I wish I could tell you an exact date on the EU shows but the only info we have at this time is that they WILL be released. Some of you have accurately speculated the reasoning behind the delay, and we can relate to your frustration but as we have posted, Hang tight, They are coming. The long winded posts of frustration might relieve some of the pain but will not make them come any faster. We are not in the position to officially comment on the reason for the delay so I can not offer any more information than that.

Thanks for that.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,558
    demetrios wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

europe has so much freedom then usa or canada. they get to see on tv live concerts, commerical free & live concerts, commerical free, on air radio. we don't get stuff like that here. festivals like pink pop, reading festival, rock am ring, any huge festivals, they broadcast everything. as for promotional thing, i think it's dumb. cause this causes fans from europe to get upset & full of range against 10club & kufala, blaming them here as to why they are not releasing the show's first to the fans, while the usa/cdn show's have been released already. i kinda feel bad for canada on the backspacer promotional jam, cause we don't have target here. no orange fixer single here, and our crtc (canadian radio-television and telecommunications commission) is getting more & more uptight that there needs to be more canadian content and less usa/foriegn content on air.

Yeah you only get the headliner's set really though if that.