WTF!?!?...Philly transit strike!!!

U R A Crazy BreedU R A Crazy Breed Posts: 8,370
edited October 2009 in The Porch
i was going to take the subway to the spectrum!! :evil: wtf Philly...get your shit right!! :evil: ya know how much it will suck trying to get a cab if this strike goes down!! :evil:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Damn!!!

FIrst Stone not playing and now this!! Sux for you guys!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Lizard wrote:
    Damn!!!

FIrst Stone not playing and now this!! Sux for you guys!

Stone will be there...don't believe the bullshit.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    i was being facetious.......if that is how you spell it. ;)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • i was going to take the subway to the spectrum!! :evil: wtf Philly...get your shit right!! :evil: ya know how much it will suck trying to get a cab if this strike goes down!! :evil:
    Are these overpaid lazy union workers trying to hold a city hostage???

If they are union....
    Fire every fucking one of them........

I dont know what they are fighting for.....
    I dont know what their issues are....
    I dont give a fuck what their issues are.......

If they are union....
    Fuck em and fire them.............
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • i was going to take the subway to the spectrum!! :evil: wtf Philly...get your shit right!! :evil: ya know how much it will suck trying to get a cab if this strike goes down!! :evil:
    Are these overpaid lazy union workers trying to hold a city hostage???

If they are union....
    Fire every fucking one of them........

I dont know what they are fighting for.....
    I dont know what their issues are....
    I dont give a fuck what their issues are.......

If they are union....
    Fuck em and fire them.............

bring in the scabs!!
  • Cant wait to hear what the union workers problems are....

If they are anything like the piece of shit Chicago union workers.....

I hope the all lose their fucking jobs....

Everyone is taking pay cuts...
    Everyone is giving up hours...
    Everyone has taken a beating on their 401k....

Everyone but the holier than thou piece of shit union workers...........
  • I just read where those poor union transit workers have not had a raise since December....

Cry me a fucking river........
  • I just read where those poor union transit workers have not had a raise since December....

Cry me a fucking river........

they should get a raise....."ok raise your ass up outta here...you're FIRED!!"...heh heh heh...there's your raise bitch!
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    "Brown says he hopes the series would not be affected by a walkout on buses, trolleys and the subway, which runs from central Philadelphia to the stadium. But he says workers have been without a contract since March and says this will be the "last week" they'll work without one."

Without a contract since March. I'd be striking too.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    This is a prime example of big guys shitting on the little guys. They won't give them a new contract but expect them to just be obedient workers and be lucky they have what they have. When they strike and the public is outraged, the streets are slammed with traffic, businesses suffer because people aren't coming into the city etc, then they will negotiate something just to end the chaos. Unions en mass have a very loud voice and why should they lay down for these assholes. If you let them take you're pay down, next they'll go after you're benefits, then you're retirement, then you're job.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • if they are demanding extra money cause transit is going to be busy as fuck, tell that to your local minimum wage workers who get payed the same amount per hour even though the store is as busy as fuck
    Two of my main website clients are unions. To see the kind of crap that the employees these unions represent get from their employers and the devious tactics the employers use to coherse, intimidate and rip off their employees, is a disgrace. If it were not for these unions, these employees would never receive a pay increase, would be working in unsafe and abhorant conditions.

Unfortunately our world appears to be going backwards to a two class system - the upper end of town versus the drones who work their entire lives to support them. These fat cats have forgotten we live in a society - not just an economy. I freely admit some unions appear to go too far - but not all and at the end of the day, begrudging somoene on a minimal wage a little bit more, while excusing those who are earning millions a year for the corporate behaviour is what they want us to do. Divide and conqure at its basic level.

To those slamming the union, I hope the next time your employer wants a new jet or boat or botox for his girlfirend it is not your wages and conditions he sees fit to sacrafice.
  • Two of my main website clients are unions. To see the kind of crap that the employees these unions represent get from their employers and the devious tactics the employers use to coherse, intimidate and rip off their employees, is a disgrace. If it were not for these unions, these employees would never receive a pay increase, would be working in unsafe and abhorant conditions.

Unfortunately our world appears to be going backwards to a two class system - the upper end of town versus the drones who work their entire lives to support them. These fat cats have forgotten we live in a society - not just an economy. I freely admit some unions appear to go too far - but not all and at the end of the day, begrudging somoene on a minimal wage a little bit more, while excusing those who are earning millions a year for the corporate behaviour is what they want us to do. Divide and conqure at its basic level.

To those slamming the union, I hope the next time your employer wants a new jet or boat or botox for his girlfirend it is not your wages and conditions he sees fit to sacrafice.
    Tell me one Teamster official who isnt either in prison....Hasnt previously been in prison.....Or isnt on his way to prison....

I was a Teamster...

The teamsters union(this countries biggest union????) is run by nothing but a bunch of thieving, crooked, no good, rotten, pieces of shit....
    Tell me one Teamster official who isnt either in prison....Hasnt previously been in prison.....Or isnt on his way to prison....

I was a Teamster...

The teamsters union(this countries biggest union????) is run by nothing but a bunch of thieving, crooked, no good, rotten, pieces of shit....

Speedy

Corruption of all forms - government, union, organisational needs to be rooted out and consigned to the scrap heap. This corruption harms us all. I in no way condone such a abomination of what the true spirit of unionism stands for.

I believe in unionism along the lines of solidatiy in Poland where workers stand up for their rights and a better and brighter future for workers everywhere. I do not support thuggery and standover tactics employed by organised crime through unions. I hope this clears things up.
  • Tell me one Teamster official who isnt either in prison....Hasnt previously been in prison.....Or isnt on his way to prison....

I was a Teamster...

Speedy

Corruption of all forms - government, union, organisational needs to be rooted out and consigned to the scrap heap. This corruption harms us all. I in no way condone such a abomination of what the true spirit of unionism stands for.
    The true spirit if unionism??

I just described it to you...

What did I see the union do??

It protects the lazy worker who shows up to work 3-4 days a week...
    It protects the worker who does a half assed job....

I cant tell you how many times i have heard a union worker say things as...

"Im in the union, I dont have to do shit at work"
    "I dont do shit, and get paid as much as everyone else"

I have NEVER heard a union worker tell me how hard they work. Its always the story of how they show up at work an hour late, take a 2 hour lunch, leave early, and get paid for 8 hours.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,478
    edited October 2009
    The average bus driver in Philly makes $58,000???

Is this true???

I just read this...And I dont believe it....

Somebody try to find out what a bus driver in Philly gets paid....

$58,000??? no way...
    Post edited by SPEEDY MCCREADY on

I have NEVER heard a union worker tell me how hard they work. Its always the story of how they show up at work an hour late, take a 2 hour lunch, leave early, and get paid for 8 hours.

NO, that's not unionism, thats corruption and criminal behaviour. I'm talking a fair day's work for a fair day's pay. WOrkers who stick together to achieve better/fair conditions. I have no sypmathy for the behaviour you mention.
  • Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    I have seen way too many lazy, rude, and unproductive people working for Septa, Metro, and Amtrak. They deserve nothing; morons with a tenth grade education acting like entitled assholes.

NO, that's not unionism, thats corruption and criminal behaviour. I'm talking a fair day's work for a fair day's pay. WOrkers who stick together to achieve better/fair conditions. I have no sypmathy for the behaviour you mention.
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • Jammin909 wrote:
    I have seen way too many lazy, rude, and unproductive people working for Septa, Metro, and Amtrak. They deserve nothing; morons with a tenth grade education acting like entitled assholes.

Do you, by chance, know how much these transit workers get paid??

Im curious..
  • any update to the situation yet? i hope they come to an agreement today!
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    Jammin909 wrote:

Ummm... did Jammin just refer to you in an unfavorable light? You were once a Teamster ;)
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06