Wierd Soundgarden OPening Band Rumor on Radio

NickabooNickaboo Posts: 20
edited October 2009 in The Porch
Yesterday was driving in my car and The DJ on the radio says, " There is a rumor floating around that on PJ'S summer 2010 tour, that this next song's band is regrouping and will be the opening band for PJ. It is just a rumor floating around right now". Then he plays Black Hole Sun. WHATTTT SOUNDGARDEN! FIrst of all YEAH YEAH YEAH that there will be additional 2010 PJ tour dates. That made me happier that anything, but wouldn't that be interesting. And what would MAtt do, play with both bands? Has anyone else heard this rumor?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• :o i'm coming to america in 2010 if that is true - that's the maddest shit i've heard in a long time! :shock: :thumbup:
    Sydney 3 1998; Brisbane 1 2003; Sydney 1/2/3 2003; Brisbane 1/2 2006; Sydney 1/2/3 2006; Melbourne 1/2 2006; Adelaide 2009; EV Solo Sydney 1 2011.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,558
    :-o

Of course Matt would play both!
  • a) It's just a rumor, if Soundgarden reunited they will do there own headlining gig..no doubt..
    b) Matt would drum on both bands..unless Jack Irons said he could play for a short tour...
    c) I don't see this happening..but I'm there if they do :)
    FUCK! if you only hear what you wanna hear...
    http://www.myspace.com/mrmojorisinca
  • DH62179DH62179 Posts: 312
    Come on, we don't need any new Soundgarden albums or a reunion tour...when they broke up Cornell said it was because they'd accomplished all they were going to accomplish. Just because he can't write good music anymore doesn't mean you have to bring back Soundgarden.
  • weird
  • OkOk Posts: 2,144
    I agree with some of the earlier posters - feelings could change, but I doubt they've got the urge for a full blown tour, whether or not its with PJ.
  • OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,033
    DH62179 wrote:
    Come on, we don't need any new Soundgarden albums or a reunion tour...when they broke up Cornell said it was because they'd accomplished all they were going to accomplish. Just because he can't write good music anymore doesn't mean you have to bring back Soundgarden.

This would OBVIOUSLY be a nostalgia 1-off tour to stock Cornell, Thayil, and Shepherd's retirement accounts.. I think it would be a good thing.. Very cool of Matt and PJ to share the love and the dollars.. I seriously doubt there could be a new record, and based on their history, I doubt this could be an on-going working entity again.. This would be no different than Flight to Mars or even Harrybu McCage. A side project only with TONS more publicity.. A quick grab for a few bucks from the 30 to 40-somethings that wanna dust off our flannel and wail to Jesus Christ Pose one last time... If they tour together (doubtful) possibly Temple of the Dog encores every show? Would LOVE to hear Chris sing Say Hello 2 Heaven Live.. and segue into Ed singing Crown of Thorns.. I think we are far more likely to see a BRIEF major markets tour of Soundgarden headline shows.. Theaters/large clubs and High Dollar ticket prices.. But we can dare to dream, right?? ;)
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    a) It's just a rumor, if Soundgarden reunited they will do there own headlining gig..no doubt..
    b) Matt would drum on both bands..unless Jack Irons said he could play for a short tour...
    c) I don't see this happening..but I'm there if they do :)
    I'd rather see Dave Krusen behind the drum kit
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • pjfan021pjfan021 Posts: 684
    i wouldn't mind it...but i doubt it. Matt would have to drum with both bands and that would be a very heavy load to handle..it'd be cool to see and hear though.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,577
    pjfan021 wrote:
    i wouldn't mind it...but i doubt it. Matt would have to drum with both bands and that would be a very heavy load to handle..it'd be cool to see and hear though.

it sure will. i doubt it too. can't see matt play 40 something minutes with soundgarden only, then take a break & come back onstage and play 2 hours 30 something minutes with pearl jam. i can see a soundgarden reunion tour, just soundgarden, cause there are rumor's ed's going to europe in 2010, and 2 band member's have kids coming soon.
  • wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    I heard of this rumour months ago...would have thought it was dead if not true by now
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,558
    DH62179 wrote:

The fool you are

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIJeL0l5 ... re=related
  • pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    DH62179 wrote:

Your opinion. Mine is that if they ever got back together and toured I'd be lining up to see them for sure. One of the greatest bands of the 90s, imo. If PJ have a break and Soundgarden reform then it would be exciting for someone like me who's never seen them live. I hope they do get back for a reunion tour, it wouldn't be a permanent thing but why shouldn't they get back if they wanted to? I bet there are thousands of people out there who never saw them in the 90s who'd love to see them tour again, like so many other bands have done. Nothing wrong with reunions if the bands can get their acts together. RAGTM is one who toured successfully, I believe.
  • It's undertandable why cornell would want a reunion tour, after his disasterous time with Timberland, think he want's to go back to his roots... And rightly so! Let's just put the whole scream thing behind us, he was amazing in LA when he did Hunger Strike with the guys, one of the best moments of my life!!!
  • I had started a thread a while back about my ultimate tour: PJ, SG, and TOTD opening. Matt plays all sets.

Superman, he is. :ugeek:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Awhile back there was that interview where Stone sadi PJ wont be touring in 2010 because one of the members is having a baby. Supposedly that "baby" is a soundgarden reunion. For them to tour together would just be INSANE.

I definitely think this will happen, I really cant see why it wouldnt happen.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Awhile back there was that interview where Stone sadi PJ wont be touring in 2010 because one of the members is having a baby. Supposedly that "baby" is a soundgarden reunion. For them to tour together would just be INSANE.

I think it's a bit early to say this will definitely happen. Believe me, I'd be at the front of any line to get Soundgarden tickets, but I haven't read/heard enough to convince me that this is a serious rumor right now.
    5/28/06 - Camden, NJ
    5/30/06 - Washington, DC
    6/22/08 - Washington, DC
    10/31/09 - Philadelphia, PA
    8/5/16 - Fenway Park
    Temple of the Dog - 11/5/2016 - Philadelphia, PA
    7/1/2018 - Prague
    7/3/2018 - Kraków
    7/5/2018 - Berlin
  • KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    demetrios wrote:
    i can see a soundgarden reunion tour, just soundgarden, cause there are rumor's ed's going to europe in 2010, and 2 band member's have kids coming soon.
    So... Maybe Ed will come to Europe for a solo tour, and Soundgarden will open for him? :mrgreen:
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Awhile back there was that interview where Stone sadi PJ wont be touring in 2010 because one of the members is having a baby. Supposedly that "baby" is a soundgarden reunion. For them to tour together would just be INSANE.

Didn't Kelly Curtis say in a recent billboard article that PJ would be touring in 2010?
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    DS114969 wrote:

Didn't Kelly Curtis say in a recent billboard article that PJ would be touring in 2010?

yea but this article was from awhile ago. a few months before BS came out
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • shekkieshekkie Posts: 79
    This would be awesome, I hope Cornell's voice is up for it.
    9/24/96 8/25/98 9/5/00 4/25/03 4/26/03 10/2/04 9/28/05 5/20/06 5/27/06 5/28/06 5/30/06 6/23/06 6/24/06 8/2/07 8/5/07 6/22/08 6/24/08 6/25/08 10/27/09 10/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 5/4/10 5/9/10 10/11/13
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    I just don't see it happening, and if it did, I'd rather see them with a crowd of Soundgarden fans.

I happen to be listening to Down on the Upside right now... it's still great, if not better than I remembered.
  • DS114969 wrote:

Few months? This article is from 8. august.

Curtis says the plan for 2010 touring is still coming together and that the band is deciding whether to play outdoor amphitheaters or arenas, which it prefers.

http://www.billboardbulletin.com/bbbiz/ ... 45efee4c67
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984
    DS114969 wrote:

The baby would have to be Soundgarden, and not an actual human child... otherwise that's a monstrous gestation period, since the "one of the members is having a baby" story has been in play since the start of the year...
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • cough, cough, bullshit, cough, cough...

No way this happens. Chris Cornell is a tool that ruins good bands because he can't play in the same sand box as others. Always wants to do his own thing and leaves upset people in his wake. I'm pretty sure that Kim and Ben have plenty of money and don't need Cornell or a SG reunion tour.

That being said, I'd love to see it happen I just can't imagine. What I could see happening is Kim and Ben playing with somoene else like Tad, which they recently did at the Crocodile. Or Ben contiuing on with Hater, etc.
  • Ain't happening.

But this guy thinks Bruce may make an appearance:

http://blogs.mcall.com/lehighvalleymusi ... urday.html
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,577
    Kloddz wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    i can see a soundgarden reunion tour, just soundgarden, cause there are rumor's ed's going to europe in 2010, and 2 band member's have kids coming soon.
    So... Maybe Ed will come to Europe for a solo tour, and Soundgarden will open for him? :mrgreen:

:shock: that would be mindblowing spectacular! :shock: ...
    though soundgarden would have to play unplugged.
    all the powerhouse seattle band's did an unplugged gig.
    guess it's soundgarden turn to come back, and get that done.
  • Ain't happening.

But this guy thinks Bruce may make an appearance:

http://blogs.mcall.com/lehighvalleymusi ... urday.html

That article (speculation) is hilarious! Taylor Swift, Hall and Oats and Pearl Jam all together on stage closing down the Forum! Fucking Priceless.
  • KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    demetrios wrote:
    Kloddz wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

:shock: that would be mindblowing spectacular! :shock: ...
    though soundgarden would have to play unplugged.
    all the powerhouse seattle band's did an unplugged gig.
    guess it's soundgarden turn to come back, and get that done.
    Oh man, I would look like this after that gig: :crazy:
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,653
    Nickaboo wrote:
    Yesterday was driving in my car and The DJ on the radio says, " There is a rumor floating around that on PJ'S summer 2010 tour, that this next song's band is regrouping and will be the opening band for PJ. It is just a rumor floating around right now". Then he plays Black Hole Sun. WHATTTT SOUNDGARDEN! FIrst of all YEAH YEAH YEAH that there will be additional 2010 PJ tour dates. That made me happier that anything, but wouldn't that be interesting. And what would MAtt do, play with both bands? Has anyone else heard this rumor?

I heard this on an Indianapolis radio station on saturday...they had just got done playing "The Fixer" and the DJ said "hey this is just a rumor but I'm being told that in 2010 there will be a Pearl Jam/Soundgarden tour"

Ladies and Gentlemen it is boner time
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana