Unthought Known & Just Breathe

midnightdreamsmidnightdreams Posts: 7
edited October 2009 in The Porch
I have been a fan since the very beginning. Pearl Jam & U2 define the 80's & 90's for me . The 2 best concerts I have seen were by these two bands. Well enough of the hearty fanboy crap. I dont know why I decided to bring U2 into my topic. I guess because its some of the only music I can digest right now. Oh yeah and a little Blind Melon to balance things out.

So I have listened to "Unthought Known" and "Just Breathe" atleast 100 or 200 times. So I think I can pass judgement on these 2 songs. I really think they are the 2 best Pearl Jam songs ever written.

First up "Unknown Thought"

It has every thing one looks for in a song:

Passion
Intensity
Great cryptic poetic lyrics
Great fantastical music...the building in music and emotion is brillant. They force you to feel their intensity at their pace. So epic and meaningful. Their music is so thought out and spontaneous I love it!~!!!!

"Just Breathe"

The beauty of "Just Breathe" is breathtaking. I want to get married to this song. The subtle beauty of this song is so obvious. You can't sit still and listen to this song and not feel something. The heart in this song is so gut wrenching. Pearl jam have never shown this much heart before. This song gives off so much hope in love. This is the best love song I have heard in way too long!!

Eddie and the Boys have delivered some of the best music in 2009!!
http://www.decemberhotel.net

*Heaven A Gift Away*
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MKTerpMKTerp Posts: 66
    I think "best PJ songs ever written" is a big stretch, but I do agree that these are the best 2 songs on Backspacer.
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    Both great songs for sure.

However Unthought Known isn't even close to being in the same ballpark as Present Tense in any of the categories that you listed as things that people look for in a song though.

Just Breathe is an ITW re-hash with new (great) lyrics. Love both songs but wouldn't call them the greatest songs ever.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Unthought Known has some of the worst lyrics Ed has ever written, imo. Sound like Incubus lyrics.