How hard is it to get posters this tour?

AboveTheWavesAboveTheWaves Posts: 66
edited October 2009 in The Porch
I haven't been to any shows yet in 09, but noticed the poster pre-sale that the 10c did this year..

does this take away from how many posters are available at the shows?

being that 10c members had the chance for the pre-sale, is it easier to get a poster at the show?

just wondering if i'm gonna have to get there as soon as doors open to get a poster for the philly shows.

the event tee shirts look pretty cool too, hopefully they make enough of them :D

only a few more days..
under your tongue, im like a tab.. i will give you what your not supposed to have

in wide open spaces we sing, with strings.. launch a full on musical cannonball.. guided by bells that we bring, they ring.. sound for the sky and the sun, our own waterfall...

one with the raging wind, alive on the highest tides, my ship at sail can climb a mountain.. ride it to the sky
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ChuyChuy Posts: 37
    Super Easy. Counting Outside Lands i did 5 shows and there was always posters at the end of the show.
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    I pre-ordered the poster for both shows I attended in '09 and within two weeks had them delivered to my door step in perfect condition. i think the pre-sales for posters have made it easier to get posters at the shows and it has made my life simpler that's for sure! You shouldn't have a issue with securing a poster if you get to the arena while the opener is still on and purchase one right away.

However, since these are the last 4 PJ shows at the Spectrum (and possibly the last shows ever??) there wil probably be a little higher demand for the poster and the special edition (nightly?) T-shirt they've been doing in each city.

RM
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    Chuy wrote:
    Super Easy. Counting Outside Lands i did 5 shows and there was always posters at the end of the show.

Do you know if the limited edition poster that was being offered at the Ames Bros. booth during the Outside Lands gig sold out or not? I would be curious to know.

RM
  • ChuyChuy Posts: 37
    Chuy wrote:

Do you know if the limited edition poster that was being offered at the Ames Bros. booth during the Outside Lands gig sold out or not? I would be curious to know.

RM

A Buddy of mine bought one toward the end of the Pearl jam Set and there were still a bunch he said. I only went night 1 so I dont know if they were still arround all weekend
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,596
    Chuy wrote:

don't be so sure for these philly show's. during the '08 tour from nyc1 to boston2, the show's i did, the poster's were sold out before pearl jam even hit the stage. there's gonna be thousand's of fan's from the east coast attending these 4 show's. we kinda spend more then the west coast fans. ;)
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    demetrios wrote:
    Chuy wrote:

don't be so sure for these philly show's. during the '08 tour from nyc1 to boston2, the show's i did, the poster's were sold out before pearl jam even hit the stage. there's gonna be thousand's of fan's from the east coast attending these 4 show's. we kinda spend more then the west coast fans. ;)
    They are printing WAYYYYYYYY more posters this tour than last year. There's no comparison to last year when people were running from the gates to get posters. Compared to every other tour posters are in mass abundance - if you get there before the opening band you'll get a poster. I'd say Halloween might be a tad tougher, but I doubt it will be unless you wait until after PJ.
  • drsluggo wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    Chuy wrote:

They are printing WAYYYYYYYY more posters this tour than last year. There's no comparison to last year when people were running from the gates to get posters. Compared to every other tour posters are in mass abundance - if you get there before the opening band you'll get a poster. I'd say Halloween might be a tad tougher, but I doubt it will be unless you wait until after PJ.
    Yep....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,596
    drsluggo wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    Chuy wrote:

we'll see!
  • i saw posters on sale after one gig i saw this past summer

they are printing more. wonder what took them so long to figure that one out?

glad to be able to preorder them through tencee :)