Sleepin in cars?

VedderliciousVedderlicious Posts: 136
edited October 2009 in The Porch
so uhh.... anyone else goin to 2+ shows sleepin in their cars? Cause im goin to all 4 and im definitely not makin the trip to and from AC every day, ad im sure as hell not payin a million bucks for a hotel room. should be fun though, sleepin in my car, just gotta bring 2,000 blankets.
In July 2007 Densmore said that he would not rejoin The Doors unless it was fronted by Eddie Vedder. Densmore says, "I play with Jim. If there's someone of that level, OK. I'm not gonna join them with Ian. That's not to diss Ian, he's a good singer - but he's no Jim Morrison. Eddie Vedder? My God, there's a singer."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• OkOk Posts: 2,144
    just gotta bring 2,000 blankets.

speaking from experience....you are right, bring plenty of stuff to stay warm :) but you'll be fine.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,785
    I don't think AC is that far? Another question: SHOWER?> :lol:
  • jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    cutz wrote:

I hope he is not sitting anywhere near me :)!
  • Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
    Might want to watch out for Cops too in certain parking lots.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • cutz wrote:

i'll shower at my buddies place at lasalle university, but id definitely rather sleep in my car than that house, unfortunately ;/

and drivin back and forth from AC every night sucks when you're hammered, and when the world series is right next door and traffic will be rediculous
    In July 2007 Densmore said that he would not rejoin The Doors unless it was fronted by Eddie Vedder. Densmore says, "I play with Jim. If there's someone of that level, OK. I'm not gonna join them with Ian. That's not to diss Ian, he's a good singer - but he's no Jim Morrison. Eddie Vedder? My God, there's a singer."
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,785
    cutz wrote:

i'll shower at my buddies place at lasalle university, but id definitely rather sleep in my car than that house, unfortunately ;/

and drivin back and forth from AC every night sucks when you're hammered, and when the world series is right next door and traffic will be rediculous

Well, i hear you man. Especially if you're gonna be hammered. Its never worth driving. I don't care how far or short, of a drive it is.

WOW! How bad is your buddies place, if you DON"T want to sleep ther?> :lol:
  • LOL. I actually had thought about doing this too! I live in Mass and I ended up sleeping in my SUV with my girlfriend at a rest area on the way home after the Penn ST 2003 show.
    Pearl Jam Shows: 1998 - 9/11 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 9/13 Hartford, CT || 2000 - 8/24 Wantagh, NY (Jones Beach 2); 8/27 Saratoga Springs; 8/29 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 8/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2) || 2003 - 4/29 Albany, NY; 5/3 State College, PA; 7/2 Mansfield (night 1); 7/6 Camden, NJ (night 2); 7/8 New York, NY (MSG night 1) || 2004 - 9/28 Boston, MA (night 1); 9/29 Boston, MA (night 2) || 2005 - 10/3 Philadelphia, PA || 2006 - 5/12 Albany, NY; 5/13 Hartford, CT; 5/24 Boston, MA (night 1); 5/25 Boston, MA (night 2); 5/27 Camden, NJ (night 1); 5/28 Camden, NJ (night 2)|| 2008 - 6/19 Camden, NJ (night 1); 6/24 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 6/25 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 6/27 Hartford, CT; 6/28 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 6/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2); 7/1 New York, NY (Beacon Theater)|| 2009 - 9/21 Seattle, WA (night 1); 9/22 Seattle, WA (night 2); 10/27 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 1); 10/28 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 2); 10/30 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 3); 10/31 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 4)|| 2010 - 5/15 Hartford, CT; 5/17 Boston, MA; 5/20 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 5/21 New York, NY (MSG night 2)|| 2011 - 9/3 East Troy, WI (PJ20); 9/4 East Troy, WI (PJ20) || 2012 - 9/2 Philadelphia, PA, 9/30 Missoula, MT || 2013 - 7/19 Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), 10/12 Buffalo, NY, 10/15 Worcester, MA (night 1), 10/16 Worcester, MA (night 2), 10/18 Brooklyn, NY (night 1), 10/19 Brooklyn, NY (night 2), 10/25 Hartford, CT || 2014 - 10/22 Denver, CO || 2015 -  9/26 New York, NY (Global Citizen Festival) || 2016 - 5/1 New York, NY (night 1), 5/2 New York, NY (night 2), 8/5 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1), 8/7 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 2) || 2018 - 9/2 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1) || 2020 - 3/30 New York, NY
    Eddie Vedder solo: 2008 - Boston night 1 & 2 || 2009 - Albany, NY night 1 & 2 || 2011 - Hartford, CT, Boston, MA

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    Just a heads up and something I leared recently (not personally) is that you can get a DUI if you are drunk and sleeping in your car.
  • Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    1996 tour I drove from south Florida all the way to Maine hitting every show on the East Coast, all I had was my car, water, bread, peanut butter and jelly .. my cash was for scoring tix for the shows I didnt have tkts to and gas.

AHHH! the old days! :mrgreen:
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Just a heads up and something I leared recently (not personally) is that you can get a DUI if you are drunk and sleeping in your car.

Not if your car keys are not in the ignition...put them in the glove box.
    Be Kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle
  • KravenKraven Posts: 829
    I might have to resort to it. I don't want to but I might.
    32 shows and counting...
  • AntreaperAntreaper Posts: 256
    edited April 2011
    Edit
    Post edited by Antreaper on
    "It's as comfortable as can be. But when you're on stage playing with Neil, well -- it's one thing to be at the zoo and watch an animal pace around its cage. It's another to be in the cage with him." -Eddie Vedder
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

not true, i know for an absolute fact that you can be charged with a dui if you are sleeping in your car, no matter where you keys are.
    Antreaper wrote:
    Can you just snooze in your car in the parking lot? I'd assume not cus they want you to pay again for the next day? Do you think it's safe to just snooze there? What about wanderers

i live in center city philly but am going to be in no shape to drive, so i think we are planning on buying advanced reserved parking for friday saturday and sunday and hope we can leave the car there and pick it back up on sunday. we will see.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

not true, i know for an absolute fact that you can be charged with a dui if you are sleeping in your car, no matter where you keys are.

not debating the truthfulness of that statement but thats the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard. if im too drunk to drive i should be fucking allowed to sleep it off in my car.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    edited April 2011
    Edit
    "It's as comfortable as can be. But when you're on stage playing with Neil, well -- it's one thing to be at the zoo and watch an animal pace around its cage. It's another to be in the cage with him." -Eddie Vedder
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

what if you are in the back seat? :P
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425

Public nudity or somethin similar?
    DewieCox wrote:

Public nudity or somethin similar?

LOL your mind is in the gutter, I said sleeping in the back seat drunk not gettin' it on! :lol:

Now but for real its my understanding that even if hidden if you are drunk inside the vehicle you will be charged with DUI in Florida, I dont know about any other states, Im assuming laws are different depending on the state.
  • Philly cops are more concerned with someone robbing or killing you rather than you driving drunk. i highly doubt you would ever get a DUI, but i would definately be cautious where you choose to park and sleep. I dont think they are going to allow anyone to stay in the parking lot past 2am. a little east of the sports complexes along pattison there are all those side streets for the import distribution and trucking companies, that would probably be your best bet.
  • dustinparduedustinpardue Posts: 1,829
    I have slept drunk in my car so many times, didn't know that was wrong. I thought I was being responsible.
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • I got a hotel for $50 less than a mile from Spectrum. Holler.
  • Seriously?? AC is maybe an hour and 10 minutes TOPS from the sports complex. Just hop right on the Whitman. You are really willing to sleep in your car for 2 days for concerts? It's that important you go to every show?
  • Seriously?? AC is maybe an hour and 10 minutes TOPS from the sports complex. Just hop right on the Whitman. You are really willing to sleep in your car for 2 days for concerts? It's that important you go to every show?

yea dude, i plan on gettin hammered. Unless you WANT me to drive drunk down a highway...

and, uh, YEA its important i go to every show... the fuck kind of question is that?
  • I did this for four nights in SOCAL this year. A little scrunched in my car, but an air mattress and blanket did the deal! Saved me a HECK of a lot of money too, would do it again in a heart beat.
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
    edited April 2011
    -
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    1996 tour I drove from south Florida all the way to Maine hitting every show on the East Coast, all I had was my car, water, bread, peanut butter and jelly .. my cash was for scoring tix for the shows I didnt have tkts to and gas.

AHHH! the old days! :mrgreen:

that actually sounds awesome!

(well, i'd want a bit more food, drink and cushy beds along the way ;)....but none the less....east coast pearl jam tour road trip sounds sooooo good!)

my sister and i slept in her car the night before live aid. 8-) hahaha.
    idk how i would feel about it nowadays, might not feel too 'safe' doing it, but eh....young and dumb, it was fantastic!
    :lol:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,858
    LOL. I actually had thought about doing this too! I live in Mass and I ended up sleeping in my SUV with my girlfriend at a rest area on the way home after the Penn ST 2003 show.
    that is actually not a bad idea as cops dont care if you get some rest at a rest stop
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    just buy one of these

friends_episode055_337x233_032020061505.jpg
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.