Backspacer Price

memememe Posts: 4,695
edited October 2009 in The Porch
So... I went to buy Backspacer this morning, after having loved it for more than a month and played it dozens of times already.

I saw the pinky brain on the shelf, smiled, and picked it up. Then my eyes jumped out of my sockets. 21 EUROS.
I have lived in the USA for many years and I knew CDs in Europe cost a little more. But that's insane... that's more than 30 dollars! It's a dollar per minute! I left it there. I just could not bring myself to buy it. I asked the guy at the store (The REM live collection was 22 euros, but that's two discs) and he said "they wanted it this way".

I can hardly believe that. Should I keep looking? Or I'll just ask my husband to pick me up a copy in the US?
:oops:

I value art, but I guess this is more like paying for a piece of art almost three times what you would pay for it somewhere else!
... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Let's not talk bullshit, please.
    Here in Italy, in big record stores, the price ranges from 13 to 16 euros and Italy is famous for having high prices, as we have a high amount of pirates...

It's not that Pearl Jam who wanted this way, it's the world or local distributors and the single record store who did...

Why don't you try and buy it from on-line stores such as Play.com (only € 11,99, expedition free) or else?
    ;)
  • jeremy69 wrote:
    Let's not talk bullshit, please.
    Here in Italy, in big record stores, the price ranges from 13 to 16 euros and Italy is famous for having high prices, as we have a high amount of pirates...

It's not that Pearl Jam who wanted this way, it's the world or local distributors and the single record store who did...

Why don't you try and buy it from on-line stores such as Play.com (only € 11,99, expedition free) or else?
    ;)

Like your little avatar image. One of the best-ever Simpsons sight gags.
    So, are The Simpsons on television in Italy? And if so, is it dubbed? Or do you have to get the DVDs?

I once watched Married with Children on German TV, dubbed in German. Hilarious.
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    jeremy69 wrote:
    Let's not talk bullshit, please.

;)

Listen, I am not talking bullshit. I went to Feltrinelli in Milan, and 21 euros was the price. If you saw the price you mention (which I think is acceptable) in a large retail store with branches in Milan and Florence I'll just go there. I have bought multiple copies of each album over the years, and actually long to have a closer look at the "hard copy" of Backspacer.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.