The last time a crowd went nuts during DTE?

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited October 2009 in The Porch
When was the last time, the audience went absolutely nuts for this one?

I have always thought of this song as bringing out the primal animal in the audience. I think it was the PJ 2003 DVD that had the crowd going nuts.

When I heard the song for the first time live at the most recent Seattle shows, i expected all hell to break loose. From what I could see, nothing crazy happened, on stage, or in the crowd during the song. Maybe i missed the action.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    thats also the diddy that made the stage shake at MSG.

I woud guess the crowd goes , even if just a little bit,
    crazy every night they play that rowdy crowd pleaser.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    San Diego, Man...there was all kinds of nutage going on in Viejas a couple weeks ago.. hope to get it in philly :D boo
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • I would say MSG 08 I...it was in honor of George Carlin which made it even that much better...

though was surprised me most is that the stage bounced on Down...which isn't even that much of a crazy song...it probably bounced then more than DTE...infact even the concrete stands were bouncing...i thought stands were going to crack and we were all going down
  • i was at msg 08 1 also and when they played corduroy the stage shook and i felt the place bouncing :)
    6.19.08 Camden 1
    6.24.08 MSG 1
    8.05.08 EV NYC 2 (3rd Row)
    5.18.10 Newark
    5.20.10 MSG 1
    5.21.10 MSG 2
    6.21.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    6.22.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    9.02.12 Made In America Festival, Philly
    10.18.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
    10.19.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
  • i was at msg 08 1 also and when they played corduroy the stage shook and i felt the place bouncing :)

it shook during a lot of songs...but i think Down was the most overwhelming to me...especially since i wouldn't expect it to be a song qualified enough to make the stage and place do that....gotta say though, best feeling in the world...since it was only my second concert, i'm going to have high expectations and expect stage bouncing every time...oh well

EDIT: second PJ concert
  • tommy boytommy boy Posts: 686
    1998 barrie. Those that were there remember doomsday and probably still have the dusty snots still in there nose to remember it by. Video on the screen, play with it.....
    1996: TORONTO, TOLEDO, BUFFALO
    1998: BARRIE, PITTSBURGH, CLEVELAND*, MERRIWEATHER POST
    2000: TORONTO, PITTSBURGH, DETROIT, SARATOGA SPRINGS
    2003: TORONTO, BUFFALO*, CLEVELAND, MSG 1
    2004: TOLEDO, GRAND RAPIDS
    2006: PITTSBURGH
    2008: HARTFORD
    2009: PHILLY II
    2010: BUFFALO
    2013: BUFFALO
    2014: DETROIT
    2016: NYC I NYC II
  • When they played it at Outside Lands earlier this year the pit in front of Mike went nuts...mosh pit and all

A very underrated show...great boot to listen to as well