Question for Philly people, re: cab from venue to amtrak

CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
edited October 2009 in The Porch
I'm desperately trying to get to the Friday night show. My only dilemma is that I need to be back in Maine relatively early Saturday morning.

SO......I found a train that leaves the Amtrak station in Philly at 12:13am. Mapquest says it's only around 5-10 miles from the venue to the station. Will I have enough time to make it? Of course, I'm assuming the show will end around 11ish, maybe 11:30.

What does everyone think??
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I think you would have to miss the encore and slip out early to nab a cab outside of the spectrum. Fortunately, the venue is on a main road where you should be able to get a cab right away...VERY risky...
  • isnt the amtrak station at the market st station?
    could you just take the subway to the train?
  • leadbedr10 wrote:
    isnt the amtrak station at the market st station?
    could you just take the subway to the train?

Yes, the amtrak is located on Market St. I have no idea about the other stuff, or if I'll have time to do it. I'd almost rather miss the whole show then have to leave during the encore.
  • dl152203dl152203 Posts: 212
    At that time of night, this ride should only take 10 to 15 minutes at most. Plenty of cans on Broad Street. I would recommend you slip out at 11:30. Show should be just about over in any case.
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    leave the show early and be sure to get the train. i've had to do this. yes you'll miss the encore. you'll live.
    I love to turn you on
  • Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,342
    I'd try to hail a cab before doing the subway. It's risky because late at night they often sit at the station for a while to get as many people in there as possible. You could easily lose 15-20 minutes that way.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • cab, they will be parked waiting for people. Leave at encore or during. Beat the crowd.
  • Ryan_WFC wrote:
    I'd try to hail a cab before doing the subway. It's risky because late at night they often sit at the station for a while to get as many people in there as possible. You could easily lose 15-20 minutes that way.
    Dude, they cannot even THINK about the subway...and the timing/ number of lights on Broad is ridiculous. It will take at least 20 mins. The only option here is to leave before the crowds do and get a cab before the wave of traffic =Miss the encore.
  • Thanks for the replies, everybody. Much appreciated.

I think I have found a flight to make it back into Manchester, NH in time. Now I just have to find a ticket!