Options

Why hasn't the band ever been a guest star on the simpsons???

longroadpittsburghlongroadpittsburgh Posts: 24
edited October 2008 in The Porch
Why hasn’t Pearl Jam ever appeared on the Simpsons?

So many musicians/bands have been guest stars on the Simpsons. I want to see Ed, Mike, Stone, Jeff, Matt, and Boom, become Simpsonized. So many of the bands friends and idols have appeared on the show. As the years have passed I have been waiting and waiting to see the band on the show. Will it ever happen?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    because stone was the problem....:D
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045

So many musicians/bands have been guest stars on the Simpsons. I want to see Ed, Mike, Stone, Jeff, Matt, and Boom, become Simpsonized. So many of the bands friends and idols have appeared on the show. As the years have passed I have been waiting and waiting to see the band on the show. Will it ever happen?

ummmmm...no.....
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    i heard that early in their career they were asked to but turned them down because of the whole fame and not doing interviews kind of mentality, you know the deal. then im guessing once they became more comfortable (like around now), the simpsons people didn't care as much anymore. it might happen, im guessing a lot of fans would be upset though. but i mean come on, if they like the show and were asked to, i think they'd at least think about it.
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,554

the band was asked to appear on the Simpsons and were sent a script. i believe eV mentioned he read it over and Homer's line to him was something along the lines of "don't let them get to you, it's tough being grounded, be true to yourself" :)
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    the band was asked to appear on the Simpsons and were sent a script. i believe eV mentioned he read it over and Homer's line to him was something along the lines of "don't let them get to you, it's tough being grounded, be true to yourself" :)

Ya they sent him a script alright. He sat it next to the Rolling Stone Mags so he could wipe him ass with it.
  • Options

No it will never happen. Why? Because they won't sell out. Just keep loving U2. They'll be on the show again.
  • Options
    It would have been mad to see PJ on simpsons maybe 10 years ago but the simpsons have sucked for a while now and its hard for me to say that cause im a huuuge fan, but not of the newer ones.
    www.myspace.com/allmankind
  • Options
    *Toastie wrote:
    It would have been mad to see PJ on simpsons maybe 10 years ago but the simpsons have sucked for a while now and its hard for me to say that cause im a huuuge fan, but not of the newer ones.
    Ya I used to love the Simpsons with a passion. And they have been getting worse and worse for a few years now. It makes me sad that such a great show is going out so badly.
    Nathan
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    *Toastie wrote:

Really because I have been a fan since the beginning, and I thought last season had some great episodes (Eternal Moonshine, E Pluribus Wiggum, Dial N for Nerder, Midnight Towboy). I think a lot of times people just like to bash new episodes because it is the easy thing to say without having to know anything. I mean sure we are not seeing a repeat of Season 5 but the past season was a lot better then most other recent seasons.

As far as the band selling out by being on the show, last time I checked Eddie's idol was Pete Townshend and The Who were guest stars back in 2000.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Really because I have been a fan since the beginning, and I thought last season had some great episodes (Eternal Moonshine, E Pluribus Wiggum, Dial N for Nerder, Midnight Towboy). I think a lot of times people just like to bash new episodes because it is the easy thing to say without having to know anything. I mean sure we are not seeing a repeat of Season 5 but the past season was a lot better then most other recent seasons.

As far as the band selling out by being on the show, last time I checked Eddie's idol was Pete Townshend and The Who were guest stars back in 2000.

yes but pete townsend also said when questioned about WHO songs being used in commercials and whatnot, theyre my fucking songs and ill do whatever the fuck i want with them or something to that effect.
    i think selling out exists only in the mind of critics. and people who need something... anything to bitch about.

personally i think the best ep that pj could have appeared in would have been the homerpalooza episode.

and lets not forget pj have been mentioned more than once. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    I know I've seen an EV simpsons characterization on a tee shirt before...maybe on ebay? Anyone know where this comes from if they weren't on the show?
    Hartford 06
    Bonnaroo 08
    Hartford 08
    Mansfield I & II 08
    E.V. Boston I & II 08
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,252

But Sean Penn explained to us that The Who never sold out at the VH1 Honors...guess Sean missed the 369 TV commercials using Who songs to schill products and he must not be a fan of CSI: Any City. ;)
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    I think Milhouse is modeled after a young Stone Gossard.
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    The Simpsons is still the most important social critic we have; they should be on the show.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    But Sean Penn explained to us that The Who never sold out at the VH1 Honors...guess Sean missed the 369 TV commercials using Who songs to schill products and he must not be a fan of CSI: Any City. ;)

Well Sean Penn is kind of a know-it-all jackass so I don't pay to much attention to anything that guy says.
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    If The Who, U2, Tom Petty, all the surviving members of the Beatles, Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, RHCP, etc., can be on The Simpsons, I think Pearl Jam should go on it too.
    Maybe for the sequel to the Simpsons movie...?
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    I would love to see them on the simpsons. Hell, even Primus and their music was in southpark a few times, along with family guy too.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    iamica wrote:
    If The Who, U2, Tom Petty, all the surviving members of the Beatles, Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, RHCP, etc., can be on The Simpsons, I think Pearl Jam should go on it too.
    Maybe for the sequel to the Simpsons movie...?

Don't forget Johnny Cash and The Ramones.
  • Options
    Considering guest starts on The Simpsons don't actually get paid, I don't see how Pearl Jam would be "selling out". Give me a break.

If Radiohead can appear on South Park, Pearl Jam can appear on The Simpsons!
    Makes much more sense to live in the Present Tense.

Shows: 05/30/03, 09/02/05, 09/04/05, 09/05/05, 09/24/05, 09/25/05, 07/22/06, 04/02/08 (EV solo), 08/08/09, 08/23/09, 08/24/09, 09/25/09, 09/21/11, 09/23/11, /9/30/12, 12/02/13... many more to come!
  • Options
    The Simpsons is still the most important social critic we have; they should be on the show.

i think the better social critic we have is south park, and many artist have been on it. Robert Smith of the Cure. Issac Hayes. Phil Collins.

hell, jerry seinfeld gobbled like a turkey on it, guesting as A TURKEY with no considerable lines
    E. Rutherford 6/03/06
    Camden 6/19/08
    Newark 5/18/10
    MSG 5/20/10
    MSG 5/21/10
    Brian (Staten Island): Does Boom even speak to you guys?

SportsNation Jeff Ament: (6:42 PM ET ) we can only speak to Boom when spoken to...
  • Options
  • Options
    gozzo5058gozzo5058 Posts: 611
    because bart is always cooler than pj
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • Options
    Duder5kDuder5k Posts: 278
    i think the better social critic we have is south park, and many artist have been on it. Robert Smith of the Cure. Issac Hayes. Phil Collins.

hell, jerry seinfeld gobbled like a turkey on it, guesting as A TURKEY with no considerable lines
    Not to mention Radiohead...

BTW Jerry didn't actually voice the turkey.
  • Options
    Considering guest starts on The Simpsons don't actually get paid, I don't see how Pearl Jam would be "selling out". Give me a break.

If Radiohead can appear on South Park, Pearl Jam can appear on The Simpsons!

Ya, but the simple fact is...............why would they want to. I keep reading should they, should they, but give one reason why they would [size=+10]WANT[/size] to. Ya, I can't think of one neither.

I can pull a monkey out of my ass too, watch. Should Pearl Jam have appeared on Macgyver? I think they guys should have went on the show, I mean, why not?

See, if something doesn't make sense...........why debate it.

I think it's safe to say Pearl Jam will not be appearing on your cartoon.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    PJAMEDVED wrote:
    Ya, but the simple fact is...............why would they want to. I keep reading should they, should they, but give one reason why they would [size=+10]WANT[/size] to. Ya, I can't think of one neither.

I can pull a monkey out of my ass too, watch. Should Pearl Jam have appeared on Macgyver? I think they guys should have went on the show, I mean, why not?

See, if something doesn't make sense...........why debate it.

I think it's safe to say Pearl Jam will not be appearing on your cartoon.

and my question would be why wouldnt they?

my feeling is it may well feel like tokenism to the band and they may well get on their high horse about that.... but in the end tis just amusing imo. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    REM was on The Simpsons too, I forgot about that.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    Well, it's always fun to watch stars appear on The Simpsons, I'm a huge fan and everytime I watch it, I just have to check who was guest voicing in this or that episode, but yeah, I love the show a whole lot, but it's not as it used to be, it doesn't suck, but it seems like they kind of lost their touch, although the movie was awesome, their episodes are kind of strained.

As for PJ on The Simpons, that'd be awesome and funny, but I don't think the band would want to, I mean why? it's not exactly for fun, in PJ's eyes it might be commercializing a bit, but I don't know, as much as it would be awesome, why should they do it? there's no real motive for it.....
    "Does anyone remember laughter?"

"Where's Mike McCready? My god he's been ate!"

"If you're an Elvis fan, there's no explanation necessary; if you're not, there's no explanation possible."

"Sometimes God makes perfect people and Paul Newman was one of them." - RIP Paul Newman
  • Options
    Stu42Stu42 Posts: 178
    don't forget about smashing pumpkins and sonic youth, billy corgan sets up one of homer's best lines ever
    "billy corgan, smashing pumpkins"
    "homer simpson, smiling politely"
  • Options
    TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,364
    Stu42 wrote:
    don't forget about smashing pumpkins and sonic youth, billy corgan sets up one of homer's best lines ever
    "billy corgan, smashing pumpkins"
    "homer simpson, smiling politely"

wasnt homerpalooza supposed to be the episode that pj was approached for?
    someone correct me if im wrong.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.