PJ concert WS game conflict not an issue?

PJ Fan est. 1990PJ Fan est. 1990 Posts: 1,788
edited October 2009 in The Porch
i'm just thinking...This is Philly's second WS in a row...they are growing quite a large fan base...that stadium is going to be PACKED so much that the crowd will easily drown out the sound of the concert (then again the Yankees will keep the crowd in philly quite ;) ) but i mean i'm assuming Bud is more worried about the noise level from the concert having an affect on the game than the traffic...but the Philly crowds can EASILY drown out the sounds from the spectrum

just my 2c...i could be way wrong
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,370
    The Mets would routinely draw 50,000-plus to Shea while the U.S. Open was drawing 20,000-plus across the street, and somehow things worked out. Citizens Bank Smallpark actually has a lesser capacity than Big Shea did.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    i'm just thinking...This is Philly's second WS in a row...they are growing quite a large fan base...that stadium is going to be PACKED so much that the crowd will easily drown out the sound of the concert (then again the Yankees will keep the crowd in philly quite ;) ) but i mean i'm assuming Bud is more worried about the noise level from the concert having an affect on the game than the traffic...but the Philly crowds can EASILY drown out the sounds from the spectrum

just my 2c...i could be way wrong

Cocaine is a poweful drug.....

You do know that the Spectrum is an indoor venue correct????
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    no possible chance the sound reaches down the street, let alone out of the venue.
  • jets521jets521 Posts: 804
    Mcam55 wrote:
    no possible chance the sound reaches down the street, let alone out of the venue.

trust me, if the band is rocking hard enough.....you can easily hear the muffled sound on the sidewalk outside of the Spectrum. Bruce and the E streeters did it the other night
    Wachovia Center, Philadelphia - 10/3/05
    Tweeter Center, Camden - 5/27/06
    Verizon Center, Wash. DC - 5/30/06
    Bonnaroo, Manchester, TN - 6/14/08
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 6/19/08
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/28/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/30/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/31/09
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 5/21/10
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 10/21/13
    1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore - 10/27/13
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 4/28/16
    Enterprise Center, Saint Louis - 9/18/22
  • jets521 wrote:
    Mcam55 wrote:

trust me, if the band is rocking hard enough.....you can easily hear the muffled sound on the sidewalk outside of the Spectrum. Bruce and the E streeters did it the other night

muffled sound on the sidewalk outside the spectrum v. stadium full of riled up fans?

i don't see how this could POSSIBLY be an issue.
    keep on rockin' in the free world.
  • jets521 wrote:
    Mcam55 wrote:

muffled sound on the sidewalk outside the spectrum v. stadium full of riled up fans?

exactly my point...but Bud had an issue with it...i don't know how it was resolved, but i heard rumors of a day/midnight set and stuff to avoid an issue, i don't think Bud was worried about traffic, so my only guess was noise pollution. but then again i don't know how close or far apart these places are, i've driven by them on the highway (i think it was I-95...might have been a branching highway) and saw three stadiums in the skyline pretty close together, but maybe a difference of 5 blocks? sound travel that far?
  • ....but then again i don't know how close or far apart these places are

This far

spectrum_distance-1.jpg
  • ....but then again i don't know how close or far apart these places are

This far

spectrum_distance-1.jpg

yeah the crowd at the game will drown out the muffled sounds of the concerts
  • jets521jets521 Posts: 804
    jets521 wrote:
    Mcam55 wrote:

nah i wasnt saying it would be an issue...just bringing up the point that....yes...you can hear whats going on inside the spectrum when standing outside
    Wachovia Center, Philadelphia - 10/3/05
    Tweeter Center, Camden - 5/27/06
    Verizon Center, Wash. DC - 5/30/06
    Bonnaroo, Manchester, TN - 6/14/08
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 6/19/08
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/28/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/30/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/31/09
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 5/21/10
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 10/21/13
    1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore - 10/27/13
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 4/28/16