Options

Coffee Obsession . . . Addiction?

2»

Comments

• Options
    PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    There is no doubt in my mind that coffee is an addiction and I am addicted. My doctor told me I should cut back and I did but I will NEVER cut it out. I don't do a thing in the morning without some coffee in me weekends included.
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    hello you decides2dream
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    btw - i now want a cappucino.
    thanks ms. haiku.
    ;)

decaf, of course... :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Coffee is not a drug. I used to suck dick for coke.
    Now that's an addiction, man. You ever suck some dick for coffee?
    I didn't think so.

;)

BOO THIS MAN!!! :D
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    coffee is more of a ritual for me than anything else I think...part of my morning routine, but only on days I work. On the weekends or days off I don't even think about it or notice if I don't have it. I have a 60 minute commute, so drinking some yummy Wawa coffee on the way just seems to make the drive go by easier. I also have it when I go out to dinner and it never seems to disrupt my sleep no matter how late it is. I tried to make the switch to green tea last year, but it just didn't taste as good.

Wow..you're courageous

60 minute ride while downing coffee

I would need a diaper for the car ride :thumbup:
    LOL - let's just say I pray for no unexpected traffic or construction delays :?
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    coffee is more of a ritual for me than anything else I think...part of my morning routine, but only on days I work. On the weekends or days off I don't even think about it or notice if I don't have it. I have a 60 minute commute, so drinking some yummy Wawa coffee on the way just seems to make the drive go by easier. I also have it when I go out to dinner and it never seems to disrupt my sleep no matter how late it is. I tried to make the switch to green tea last year, but it just didn't taste as good.

Wow..you're courageous

60 minute ride while downing coffee

I would need a diaper for the car ride :thumbup:
    LOL - let's just say I pray for no unexpected traffic or construction delays :?

Tiny bladders unite!! ;)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    I drink a pot of coffee a day....every day....

Sometimes more........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    A 20 minute walk into town in the morning. Buy a coffee at Costa and it's the only one I have a day.

I used to drink a lot of coffee but have cut back and I no longer get so hot.
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I didn't think so.

;)

Sounds like a trade off me and my hubby used to have, if we had sex he would make me a cup of tea. That was in the halcion years! We've been together a long time now, I make my own decaff now.
  • Options
    OffHeGoes29OffHeGoes29 Posts: 1,240
    I stopped for one week, and after the first three days of hell I still didn't feel right a week later. So what the hell, I don't smoke, do drugs, or eat anything bad, I might as well have one addiction. :?
    BRING BACK THE WHALE
  • Options
    OffHeGoes29OffHeGoes29 Posts: 1,240
    dcfaithful wrote:
    I didn't think so.

;)

BOO THIS MAN!!! :D

"You up here for some MARIJUANA?!? Man thats some BULL SHIT"

One of the greatest movies EVER :D

"My father was a drug dealer"

"That must of been the SHIT!"

"It ruined his life!"

"That must of been Shitty"
    BRING BACK THE WHALE
  • Options
    I discovered coffee when I was 19. I've been in LOVE with it for over 16 years!

But I am not addicted. I often run out of coffee for a couple of days and I only have green tea left in the house, which has much less caffeine. I use one tea bag in a pot of water that fills 3 mugs, so the tea is rather weak. I do not get headaches, shakes, mood swings, etc. when I don't have coffee. What I notice is that without the option of coffee, there is less joy/enjoyment with eating and drinking. Coffee and chocolate are the two tastes that fulfill me. When I run out of both, my food life is miserable.

I suddenly became intolerant of caffeine c. 2004. It made my heart pound and my pulse race. For many months, I tried every brand of decaf. None of them resembled coffee. By accident, I purchased a bag of organic non-decaf. It did not affect my heart. Oh my gosh! I could continue with horrid decaf, or I could enjoy delicious real coffee, which smelled of coffee, which tasted like coffee- as long as it was organic! I soon 'went organic' with all of my food as well, and lost 26 pounds... And cured my decade+ hellish ordeal with severe insomnia! I never had a real heart problem or sleep disorder. I never was naturally fat. I was poisoned by the toxins in my food. That simple.

I am disturbed by the respondents who use artificial sweeteners. These are brutal chemicals which cause cancer and are suspected of contributing to auto-immune disorders and brain inflammation. When Aspartame ["NutraSweet"] first came out in the 80s, every item had a warning label STATING that it caused cancer in laboratory animals! Even the corporate press widely reported that it caused holes to develop in the brains of animals. Take half an hour to read up Donald Rumsfeld's relationship with aspartame. He has been in the government AND the chemical industry for decades. His incestuous influence with both powers made aspartame gain FDA approval despite hideous testing results.

If the website http://www.TruthAboutSplenda.com is still active, there is much to be learned about that new poison. Splenda has extra chlorine atoms stuffed in it to make it the sweetest substance ever to exist. Saccharine used to be the sweetest, but this new techno/pharma molecule far surpasses it, by a factor of several hundred! The patent is owned by the medical products company, Johnson & Johnson. Does that sound like a nutritious food?!
    "May you live in interesting times."
  • Options
    Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    I drink coffee around the clock. Even in the night I keep a cup next to em and if I run out I will get up and make more just to make sure I always have some near me. Oh yeah, and everyone wonders why I am so hyper. LOL!
    What is worse is that when you attend 12 step meetings the main thing everyone does is drink coffee!
    Oh and to the dick sucker, caffiene IS a powerful drug!
    Save room for dessert!
  • Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    I love my coffee,sometimes I feel addicted,others I can go a few days.

I have been known to drink two 8 cup pots of black columbian blend a day.But I was rattling all day.
    So I bought a one cup pot and gave the 8 cup pot away.

Other times I prefer tea ...... but if it came down to the wire it would be coffee that would win. :?
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    I discovered coffee when I was 19. I've been in LOVE with it for over 16 years!

But I am not addicted. I often run out of coffee for a couple of days and I only have green tea left in the house, which has much less caffeine. I use one tea bag in a pot of water that fills 3 mugs, so the tea is rather weak. I do not get headaches, shakes, mood swings, etc. when I don't have coffee. What I notice is that without the option of coffee, there is less joy/enjoyment with eating and drinking. Coffee and chocolate are the two tastes that fulfill me. When I run out of both, my food life is miserable.

I suddenly became intolerant of caffeine c. 2004. It made my heart pound and my pulse race. For many months, I tried every brand of decaf. None of them resembled coffee. By accident, I purchased a bag of organic non-decaf. It did not affect my heart. Oh my gosh! I could continue with horrid decaf, or I could enjoy delicious real coffee, which smelled of coffee, which tasted like coffee- as long as it was organic! I soon 'went organic' with all of my food as well, and lost 26 pounds... And cured my decade+ hellish ordeal with severe insomnia! I never had a real heart problem or sleep disorder. I never was naturally fat. I was poisoned by the toxins in my food. That simple.

I am disturbed by the respondents who use artificial sweeteners. These are brutal chemicals which cause cancer and are suspected of contributing to auto-immune disorders and brain inflammation. When Aspartame ["NutraSweet"] first came out in the 80s, every item had a warning label STATING that it caused cancer in laboratory animals! Even the corporate press widely reported that it caused holes to develop in the brains of animals. Take half an hour to read up Donald Rumsfeld's relationship with aspartame. He has been in the government AND the chemical industry for decades. His incestuous influence with both powers made aspartame gain FDA approval despite hideous testing results.

If the website http://www.TruthAboutSplenda.com is still active, there is much to be learned about that new poison. Splenda has extra chlorine atoms stuffed in it to make it the sweetest substance ever to exist. Saccharine used to be the sweetest, but this new techno/pharma molecule far surpasses it, by a factor of several hundred! The patent is owned by the medical products company, Johnson & Johnson. Does that sound like a nutritious food?!
    I am an epileptic and I was told I am not to drink those artificial sugars. I have no idea why, but makes me wonder what's in them.
    Save room for dessert!
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    My face hurts from stress at work, or caffeine withdrawal or sinus
    My neck hurts because stress at work or my mattress or too much light in my room from outside

Overall, I decided that addication to coffee was worth removing any of this pain caused by, mostly, stress. I had my first cup in a week, and things were just better.

I'm resolved not to have a cup too early at work because then people who bother me bother me much much more, and I'd rather just slide through the morning. I need a new job, this is ridiculous.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    _Crazy_Mary__Crazy_Mary_ Posts: 1,299
    At least an addiction to coffee is beneficial to your health.
    I have cut waaaay back during my pregnancy. From 4 double espressos to two double espressos and if I'm working a double I may have three doubles.
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • Options
    it is more addictive than cocaine... much more addictive.

however, it doesn't cost $150 for a one nighter (for me it is more like $300 :shock: ) and it doesn't make you feel like crap for 2 days afterwards. Also, you don't act like a douchebag or try to hump everything that moves. ;)
    :lol::lol::lol:
    That sounds like my ex. The really funny thing was he wouldn't even try coffee. He said he didn't need to get addicted to it.

I drink a lot of coffee. I loooove it. I love the smell, the taste and it makes me happy.
    I'm at the point where if I don't drink coffee, I will want to sleep the entire day.
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    My face hurts from stress at work, or caffeine withdrawal or sinus
    My neck hurts because stress at work or my mattress or too much light in my room from outside

Overall, I decided that addication to coffee was worth removing any of this pain caused by, mostly, stress. I had my first cup in a week, and things were just better.

I'm resolved not to have a cup too early at work because then people who bother me bother me much much more, and I'd rather just slide through the morning. I need a new job, this is ridiculous.

sorry about your job...:(
    so yes, most definitely ENJOY your coffee!

we went out to our fave italian place friday, mostly b/c i soooo wanted a great cappucino at the end of my meal. :mrgreen: the meal was awesome, and most especially the cappucino! and yes, it was decaf. 8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    4 glasses of water and the pain in my face faded. Definitely the dehydrated time of year, eh?
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    So what the hell, I don't smoke, do drugs, or eat anything bad, I might as well have one addiction. :?
    You and I think very much alike. :thumbup:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    I'm addicted.

I guess there are many other things that can be worse to be addicted to than coffee...

Oh, and I don't trust people that don't drink coffee. Just don't...

:lol:
  • Options
    usually a large dunkin donuts coffee lasts about 2 hours

then I go for another

I love that store

i need about 2 larges just to get me through the 9hr work shifts
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,764
    Power went out last night, 9 PM. Froze my butt off all night. Coffee obsession... addiction? This morning- BOTH!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Addiction, most definitely. ~O)
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    Coffee makes me a little happy..but I don't know why..