Nominate Pearl Jam for a People's Choice Award

2»

Comments

• FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,959
    Jo wrote:
    Cosmo wrote:
    "The People's Choice" award makes the Grammys look like the Nobel Prize for Physics.
    Therefore, I abstain.

I didn't even know that there was a category for music :? :oops: :)

I was actually voting for a TV show, even though I have never watched the programme. I just thought it was cool that PJ was even part of the nominees :ugeek:

I was actually voting for a TV show, even though I have never watched the programme.

:? Dude.....I thought you were cooler than that. PLEASE put on some Fixer. 8-)

I meant that I never watch the Peoples Choice Awards, not the show that I was voting for. :oops: ;):D
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    Cosmo wrote:
    "The People's Choice" award makes the Grammys look like the Nobel Prize for Physics.
    Therefore, I abstain.

I didn't even know that there was a category for music :? :oops: :)

I was actually voting for a TV show, even though I have never watched the programme. I just thought it was cool that PJ was even part of the nominees :ugeek:
    You know who is usually in the 'People's Choice Awards'? People like Hannah Montana, The Jonas Brothers, Britney Spears, Big And Rich, the latest American Idol and Billy Ray Cyrus in the music category. For best actress... they will pick Kirsten Stewart, Hanna Montana, The Jonas Brothers, the latest American Idol and Billy Ray Cyrus. For best Role Model... you guessed it, Hannah Montana, The Jonas Brothers, Michael Jackson, the latest American Idol and Billy Ray Cyrus.
    Here is an example of past 'People's Choice' Awards:
    2008 MUSIC
    FAVORITE MALE SINGER - Chris Brown
    FAVORITE FEMALE SINGER - Carrie Underwood
    FAVORITE GROUP - Rascal Flatts
    FAVORITE R&B SONG - "No One" by Alicia Keys
    FAVORITE POP SONG - "I Kissed a Girl" by Katy Perry
    FAVORITE ROCK SONG - "All Summer Long" by Kid Rock
    FAVORITE COUNTRY SONG - "Last Name" by Carrie Underwood
    FAVORITE HIP HOP SONG - "Low" by Flo Rida featuring T-Pain
    FAVORITE COMBINED FORCES - "No Air" by Jordin Sparks featuring Chris Brown
    FAVORITE SONG FROM A SOUNDTRACK - "Mamma Mia" by Meryl Streep from Mamma Mia!

2007 Music
    Favorite Group
    Rascal Flatts*
    Daughtry
    Maroon 5

Favorite Pop Song
    "What Goes Around...Comes Around" by Justin Timberlake*
    "Big Girls Don't Cry" by Fergie
    "Irreplaceable" by Beyoncé Knowles

Favorite Rock Song
    "Home" by Daughtry*
    "Hey There Delilah" by Plain White T's
    "Makes Me Wonder" by Maroon 5

Favorite Female Singer
    Gwen Stefani*
    Beyoncé Knowles
    Fergie

Favorite Male Singer
    Justin Timberlake*
    John Mayer
    Tim McGraw

* denotes winner

In other words... 'The People' have poor taste.
    To hear Pearl Jam mentioned in that field is... well... not good. If you thew up in your mouth a little... that's just a normal reaction.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Jo wrote:
    Sure, but you have a long swim ahead of you so you better get started!

Just putting my cossie on ...........

Right, I'm on my way!! :D
  • again
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    Claireack wrote:
    Jo wrote:

Cool. I'll get some extra T bones and snaggers, are you bring anyone? I want to make sure I have enough ;)
    Jo wrote:
    Claireack wrote:
    Jo wrote:

Cool. I'll get some extra T bones and snaggers, are you bring anyone? I want to make sure I have enough ;)

Huff puff, sorry bit out of breath, it's a bit cold in the water, no hubby staying home to look after son, puff pant, get veggie supplies, for me & Ed. :D
    [quote
    Huff puff, sorry bit out of breath, it's a bit cold in the water, no hubby staying home to look after son, puff pant, get veggie supplies, for me & Ed. :D[/quote]

Just got a call from Ed, he recons he has something on this weekend :roll: but that gives you more time to get here. And he wants tofu burgers and salad, this ok for you? And he likes a bit of Sushi so could you please bring the seaweed?
  • SOLAT319 wrote:
    Yay i voted
    Hope they win atleast gossard would care

Jeff would care too. I'm pretty sure McCready too. Vedder would care the most but he's really good at not doing it out loud.
    oh really?
    I just know stone would because i read in an interview how he wants the albums do be more popular
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
    Jo wrote:
    Just got a call from Ed, he recons he has something on this weekend but that gives you more time to get here. And he wants tofu burgers and salad, this ok for you? And he likes a bit of Sushi so could you please bring the seaweed?

Gasp, glug. No problem, there's some wrapped round my leg, I'll hang on to it. Just off the coast of Portugal, the waters a bit warmer now, oh no I think that's cos I just did a pee. Will keep at it though, puff pant, puff pant.
  • SpagsSpags Posts: 3,031
    I got confused and voted for Paramore.
    Nature drunk and High
    Claireack wrote:
    Jo wrote:
    Just got a call from Ed, he recons he has something on this weekend but that gives you more time to get here. And he wants tofu burgers and salad, this ok for you? And he likes a bit of Sushi so could you please bring the seaweed?

Gasp, glug. No problem, there's some wrapped round my leg, I'll hang on to it. Just off the coast of Portugal, the waters a bit warmer now, oh no I think that's cos I just did a pee. Will keep at it though, puff pant, puff pant.

Your making good progress, you'll be nice and toned when you get here.
    Oh, and look out for that crazy Aussie chick that just took off on her solo round the world yatch journey, she falls asleep at the helm and crashes into ocean liners, so take care. :D
  • Bump
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,814
    voted again
    I miss igotid88
    bump
    I miss igotid88
  • I voted!
    :lol:
    they didn't make it
    I miss igotid88
  • loopjdloopjd Posts: 121
    Damn you PARAMORRRREEEEE!!!!!!!
    September 30th, 2009
    Best. Night. Ever.
  • igotid88 wrote:
    they didn't make it

they sure didn't. :(
    i voted for KOL

........ and johnny depp! :mrgreen:
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

igotid88 wrote:
    they didn't make it

they sure didn't. :(
    i voted for KOL

........ and johnny depp! :mrgreen:

why? WHY?
    I miss igotid88
  • make sure & vote OFTEN!!!

this is one instance where "ballot stuffing" is ok :D
    If I had known then...what I know now...

the vic ~ 8.2.07
    eV at The Ryman ~ 6.18.09
    st. louis ~ 5.4.10
    If we all did a little, together we could make a BIG difference....wanna help us?
    Then visit http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com