Has anybody ordered the Target Backspacer T-Shirt on-line?

VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
edited November 2009 in The Porch
And actually received it?

Back in September, I ordered it online because the Target I walked into didn't have it. I bought my Backspacer there. I didn't want to walk into a Target twice in a year so I opted for on-line shopping to buy the shirt. At that time, they had Med and Large available on-line. I hesitated because I was told the large is really anybody else's brand's medium. (same as the Avocado tour shirt). But no X-Larges were offered. I got a message in mid October that I had to "approve" a delay. I was supposed to receive the shirt in late October but now they were saying mid-late November. At that time I decided to search again and saw that X-Large was available. It had a late October ship date. Actually to be delivered before the Large's delayed shipment date. I ordered the X-Large and cancelled the Large. Last night, I got an e-mail that I had to approve a delay on the X-Large. Now, it is supposed to arrive in December. I was curious if anybody actually received an on-line ordered Target T-shirt. I just want to know that they exist. I'm sort of feeling like a Canadian waiting for Backspacer. It can't be that hard, can it?
Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I got mine at the store, not bothering to order it online.....off topic, but pretty lame that all the PJ stuff is already out of the TARGETS here..some big launch.... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • stickmanstickman Posts: 1,008
    I ordered the vinyl on line and got the same thing. Then Target sent me an email telling me that they canceled my order. So I never got the vinyl :x through the sole retailer that was selling it. I feel that is kin of weird.
  • Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    I ordered the shirt on the sunday they were released, and they pushed the arrival date to december for me too. I canceled the order, I just want the money back at this point.
  • TravelarTravelar Posts: 3,391
    Mcam55 wrote:
    I ordered the shirt on the sunday they were released, and they pushed the arrival date to december for me too. I canceled the order, I just want the money back at this point.

They charged you already?

I've still got an order in, but I'm not expecting anything. I also ordered Fallout 3 GOTY edition from them a couple of weeks ago too and that was delayed and pushed out until mid-November, yet other retailers have it available. It make me wonder what kind of ass-clown is running the online shipping department.
  • Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    TrAvELAr wrote:
    Mcam55 wrote:

They charged you already?

I've still got an order in, but I'm not expecting anything. I also ordered Fallout 3 GOTY edition from them a couple of weeks ago too and that was delayed and pushed out until mid-November, yet other retailers have it available. It make me wonder what kind of ass-clown is running the online shipping department.

You’re right, they never charged me.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,559
    i would of if that company shipped outside of the usa. :|
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    I ordered 2 but I received and email from target saying that they'll give an update of the order in December :evil: WTF!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
    Mcam55 wrote:

I think I'm going to keep my order intact. Now I'm just curious as to whether it will arrive or get cancelled or just to see when it will ship, and whether it will be this year or next. If 10c offered that shirt in the goods section, I might cancel my Target order. I think it is lame to offer something you don't have. Where are they getting the shirts from? I saw someone at LA3 wearing one so I know at least some shirts were made. I do have something to wear in the meantime, so I guess it isn't too urgent. However, I think "within a month" of the order is a reasonable expectation when the seller says something is available.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • UPDATE: 4:52 PM Pacific Standard Time November 12, 2009
    [Veddernarian], we thought you'd like to know that we shipped your items today and that your order is now complete. Please review your shipment information below.

:o Surprise!!! :shock:
  • received an email yesterday saying mine has been shipped. I checked my account and I was now billed as well, so looks like its on its way.
  • NeilNeil Posts: 82
    Yep, I have a tracking number and am watching it's path from MN to MI. Should be here in no time. Originally ordered on Sept 20th, and shipped Nov 11th. Good things come to those who wait. :D Can't wait to wear it.
  • Was thinking of cancelling when I got email saying shipment was delayed till Nov but didn't & now mine is on it's way now too (as per yesterdays email!) :mrgreen:
    '98-Camden 8/29
    '03-Philly Spectrum 4/28, Camden 7/5, Hershey 7/12
    '06-Camden 5/28
    '08-Camden 6/20
    '09-Closing Down the Philly Spectrum! 10/28, 10/30, & the Epic 10/31
    '09-EV Solo Tower Theater, Upper Darby, PA6/12
    '10-MSG1& MSG2, New York City, 5-20 & 5/21
  • Final chapter:

It arrived, it's organic cotton, made in the USA, ultra soft, perfect size, worth the wait. I know it is well done when you run your finger across the picture and you can't feel any different texture. It isn't glued on waiting to come off in the wash. The stiching is cool. Saw that $5 goes to some feed the needy cause (I forgot the name) which is cool. To anybody contemplating purchasing this, go 1 size up. If you normally wear a medium, get a large. It is cut small just like the Avocado Tour Shirt.
  • Final chapter:

It arrived, it's organic cotton, made in the USA, ultra soft, perfect size, worth the wait. I know it is well done when you run your finger across the picture and you can't feel any different texture. It isn't glued on waiting to come off in the wash. The stiching is cool. Saw that $5 goes to some feed the needy cause (I forgot the name) which is cool. To anybody contemplating purchasing this, go 1 size up. If you normally wear a medium, get a large. It is cut small just like the Avocado Tour Shirt.

nice!
    ours should be arriving too!
    i ordered one of each size, :lol: just to play it safe...plus, got free shipping that way. i sawy someone wearing one in philly and it looked awesome, and she said it was soooo comfy. so hopefully one will fit hubby well and either 1 or 2, depending if i decide to keep 1 for me, will be brought back at the store for a refund. or who knows, may end up as a gift for someone. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow