Thank you.

10.31.9310.31.93 Posts: 10
edited October 2009 in The Porch
I'm still coming down from the LA3 and SD shows. I keep listening to the LA3 boot and just reliving that amazing evening. The boys are so tight. The crowd at both shows were just amazing and it was great to be part of both experiences.

I'm thankful that:

-I was able to take my wife to her first PJ show. It helps her understand my love of this band.
-My college roomate made it down for LA3. I've seen 90% of my PJ shows with him.
-I won the lottery @ LA3. 2nd row center. Get the hell out of here.... are you kidding me!
-Ed gave me his harmonica during Footsteps @LA3. I don't even know what to say. I just look at it every so often, smile and put it back with the rest of my PJ stuff. People ask me why I think that he gave it to me and I can't really give an answer. The best I can come up with, is during the song it felt like I was driving up Highway 1 in a convertible, somewhere south of Big Sur, Ed's got shotgun, 7000 of my closest friends are in the back seat, Footsteps comes on the radio and we are all signing our hearts out. That's the best I can do.
-I was able to take my neighbor to the SD show. Its been a long time since he has seen PJ and the show just blew his mind.
-I was able to see the band in an arena. There is nothing like it.
-I had a chance to sing Black with 10,000+ of my closest friends.

That's it. Just needed to get it off of my chest.

Thanks again and I can't wait until the next show.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    wonderful post...i remember seeing you get the harmonica...very cool! :thumbup:

i'm still not able to fully put into words the la/san diego shows...unforgettable
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    Congratulations - I flew from the other side of the world to be at LA3 and LA4 and I back up everything you say 100%. An amazing performance from an amazing band and an amazing audience. They were great California nights.
    norm wrote:

i'm still not able to fully put into words the la/san diego shows...unforgettable

Bloody hell Norm - I missed meeting you - oh well, next time mate.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    norm wrote:

yeah it was crazy beofre the shows

ya know when i got the boot for la3 i went immediately to the end of footsteps and when ed says 'chris cornell' i get goosbumps and i get to relive that moment...a big thanks for the band to let us hear that again and again :clap: :thumbup: :mrgreen:
    edited October 2009
    norm wrote:
    norm wrote:

yeah it was crazy beofre the shows

ya know when i got the boot for la3 i went immediately to the end of footsteps and when ed says 'chris cornell' i get goosbumps and i get to relive that moment...a big thanks for the band to let us hear that again and again :clap: :thumbup: :mrgreen:

I'm listening to LA4 'Alive" now - the crowd yelling the YEahs' during the solo - man both nights went off. So glad I made the effort to get there - I can picture it all now so clearly, house lights on - everyone going wild, the band just pushing it as hard as they could - those nights will live with me forever.
  • This is a fantastic post, thanks for sharing your story. You sound very grateful, it's always nice to hear.
    " Things were different then, all is different now "

Seattle 09-16-96, Vancouver 07-19-98, Seattle 11-05-00, Seattle 12-09-02, Vancouver 05-30-03, Vancouver 09-02-05, Gorge 07-23-06, Seattle 09-21-09, Seattle 09-22-09, Vancouver 09-25-09