WHY PEARL JAM IS..

dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
edited October 2009 in The Porch
SO GREAT BAND?????!!!!!!!!WHY U LOVE THEM.??..SHOOT... :D
"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
"..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    why is Pearl Jam great?

cause they make everything better. 8-):mrgreen:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I love them cause they know ME!
    Just exactly what I like what I need what I want
    They are great cause they are great and getting greater
    on the making of they just seem to be so happy -to just fit- that makes a great band and it makes a fan smile
    and very proud to be a fan
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,558
    Do you ever not get sick of them?
  • because of their connection\respect for their fans

because of the fans themselves (best in the world if you ask me)!!

because there is NO WAY to describe the feeling of seeing them LIVE. Only those that have seen know what Im talking about :D

oh yeah...and the music is the best out there! :lol:
    MSG - 6/25/08 EV Solo Tower Theatre - 06/11/09
    Philly 2 - 10/28/09 Philly 3 - 10/30/09
    Philly 4 - 10/31/09
    Boston 1 - 05/17/10
    PruCenter - 05/18/10
    MSG 1 - 05/20/10
    MSG 2 - 05/21/10
    Alpine1 - 09/03/11 Alpine2 - 09/04/11
    Brisk. wrote:

I wouldn't say I've ever gotten sick of Pearl Jam. but there are definitely times when I don't listen to them much and/or choose something else to listen to over them. but PJ is still my favourite band. :mrgreen:

there's so much more there than the music, too.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,558
    eMMI wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

I wouldn't say I've ever gotten sick of Pearl Jam. but there are definitely times when I don't listen to them much and/or choose something else to listen to over them. but PJ is still my favourite band. :mrgreen:

yaya of course

Was aimed at Dimitri, if you have him on facebook you would especially know what im on about.
  • Brisk. wrote:
    eMMI wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

yaya of course

Was aimed at Dimitri, if you have him on facebook you would especially know what im on about.
    yep..couse i use it only for pearl jam..i cant post things like"just get home from work"or "its friday..whoohoo...im going shopping"... :lol::lol: .im too old for this.. :D
    btw its Pearl Jan all the way.. ;)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Brisk. wrote:
    eMMI wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

yaya of course

hah, fair enough. :D I thought it might've been for him but thought I'd comment anyway.

and of course I have him on Facebook. :mrgreen:
  • Because their shows are my church and the bootlegs are life affirming.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,858
    one word

AUTHENTIC

1. not false or copied; genuine; real: an authentic antique.
    2. having the origin supported by unquestionable evidence; authenticated; verified: an authentic document of the Middle Ages; an authentic work of the old master.
    3. entitled to acceptance or belief because of agreement with known facts or experience; reliable; trustworthy: an authentic report on poverty in Africa.
  • rb115565rb115565 Posts: 222
    The Best live shows ever. Its one thing to be a good band but to bring it every night, With different setlists is very rare and in this case singular for a band that has truly made it!!!!
    5/30/03 9/2/05 9/4/05 9/5/05 7/22/06 7/23/06 9/21/09 9/22/09 9/21/11 9/22/11
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    Because when Pearl Jam get out of bed, the sun comes up.
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    Release
    Indifference
    Immortality
    In My Tree
    Parting Ways
    Faithfull
    You Are
    Inside Job
    Just Breathe
    Hard To Imagine
    Wash
    Long Road

to name just a few reasons
  • Why is Pearl Jam such a great band?

Fixed.
    :D:D:D:D:D
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    Because every single song of them changes a f*** bad day into a perfect one!!!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Chrisilein wrote:
    i vote for that..
  • Because when Pearl Jam get out of bed, the sun comes up.
    :) ..yep..
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    Chrisilein wrote:
    i vote for that..

Thanks D! I know that you understand what i mean 100 %!! ;)
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Chrisilein wrote:
    Chrisilein wrote:
    i vote for that..

Thanks D! I know that you understand what i mean 100 %!! ;)
    Greedings Vienna!!!
  • pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    They are the greatest band around, it's that simple. They have that knack of putting a smile on my face when I'm down. :) They give a lot to their fans, us. Whenever I have my iPod on and one of their songs comes on, it always sounds good, they're a top bunch of guys, all their albums are enjoyable listening and I've never seen a better band live, and I've seen a few in my time! May they keep going for the next 20 years and I'll keep on loving 'em.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,279
    Because they care about each & everyone of us fans ;) oh and they hook me up with some ass kicking seats :lol::lol: ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Because they care about each & everyone of us fans ;) oh and they hook me up with some ass kicking seats :lol::lol: ..
    :lol::lol:
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    when i'm feeling downtrodden
    they have the power to lift me up
    and keep me up
    thank you pearl jam .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Because they just made an album which was more accessable just in time for my kids to fall in love with them.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • why???
  • Because they just made an album which was more accessable just in time for my kids to fall in love with them.
    :D
  • SUNDAY..
  • ..because they make me excited about life through their music. They are my favourite band and that will never change. They are the best live act I have seen and I have seen many. :D
    rustedsigns
  • bgirl59bgirl59 Posts: 888
    Because when Pearl Jam get out of bed, the sun comes up.
    :clap::clap::clap: Nice way to sum it up!
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • bgirl59bgirl59 Posts: 888
    nowhereman wrote:
    ..because they make me excited about life through their music. They are my favourite band and that will never change. They are the best live act I have seen and I have seen many. :D
    ;) I am with you! I went to U2's show earlier this week, great show, BUT it made me even more excited about the Pearl Jam Philly shows!Pearl Jam - best live shows ever ever..... :P
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!