Benaroya Hall 6 Years Ago Today...

Father HubbardFather Hubbard Posts: 1,594
edited October 2009 in The Porch
This was truly a special show. Over the years, it seems like the rarity of the vinyl has stolen the spotlight of how great this show really was. I was lucky enough to come across tickets and fly out for the show, and because of how unique it was, it is difficult to rate in the shows I have been to. I remember everyone was talking beforehand about if they could play a full length show acoustic, or if it would be around 15 songs. This show saw:
-debut of fatal live, and only 1 of 3 times played (after the intro was played and they went into thin air-we werent sure if they were going to play it)
-debut of man of the hour
-reworked i believe in miracles
-25 minutes to go (first of 3 times played)
-brought back masters of war (first time at a show that included all of pj?)
-anytime all or none is played its a treat
-solo cant keep as well
-lukin acoustic for the first time i believe
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I wasn't there but it's one of my fav boots...and i have seen the video...def a historic show!! wish i was there!!
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    I would say this show was my "hat trick" in the sense that not only did I get lucky in scoring a ticket for this intimate show but I was also able to meet the band (well EV, McCready & Ament) and got my Benaroya Hall poster signed that night and then when the vinyl was released I was lucky enough to score that as well!!

A very magical night indeed with all the rare gems they dusted off and new tunes they debuted that evening. I will listen to this boot in honor of it's anniversary today!

RM
  • Only time I bought a scalped ticket to a show. The 10c ticket lottery was for only Washington residence (I live 20 minutes across the border in Oregon). Tickets sold out in seconds with no luck for me. But it was the best PJ purchase I ever made even though I was in a box on the right side (3rd tier).

It was just a magical night. For all those rare songs and debuts, but I still get goosebumps when I listen to the bootleg of the crowd (& me) singing the verse of Black.
  • anakin_pdx wrote:
    Only time I bought a scalped ticket to a show. The 10c ticket lottery was for only Washington residence (I live 20 minutes across the border in Oregon). Tickets sold out in seconds with no luck for me. But it was the best PJ purchase I ever made even though I was in a box on the right side (3rd tier).

It was just a magical night. For all those rare songs and debuts, but I still get goosebumps when I listen to the bootleg of the crowd (& me) singing the verse of Black.

The crowd participation in Black is one of my all time favourite Pearl Jam moments. I wasn't there, but oh man - when the crowd reaches that crescendo and Ed comes back in.....spine tingling stuff.

Leeds 2006, London 2007, Hartford 2008, London Shepherds Bush 2009, London O2 2009, Dublin 2010, London Hyde Park 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, EV solo London 30/7/2012, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Amsterdam 1 2018, London 1 2018, London 2 2018, EV solo Dublin 2019, London 1 2022, London 2 2022, New York City 2022 

• I was there. It was amazing. I got goosebumps three times the other night listening to BLACK and the crowd singing the laste verse, I rewound it three times and got goosebumps three times. And I wonder about the couple in my row who got kicked out for being so drunk and obnoxious. They may have missed one of the greatest concerts of all time. Drunken idiots. Still one of my favorites and will be for years to come.
    Let's see those 2013 dates in the southern states.
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    anakin_pdx wrote:
    Only time I bought a scalped ticket to a show. The 10c ticket lottery was for only Washington residence (I live 20 minutes across the border in Oregon). Tickets sold out in seconds with no luck for me. But it was the best PJ purchase I ever made even though I was in a box on the right side (3rd tier).

I totally agree. It was truly one of the most powerful PJ crowd moments I ever experienced in all of my years of going to shows that didn't get lost in the mixing of the sound on the bootleg.

RM
  • what a night,,lucky the ones was in..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • I would say this show was my "hat trick" in the sense that not only did I get lucky in scoring a ticket for this intimate show but I was also able to meet the band (well EV, McCready & Ament) and got my Benaroya Hall poster signed that night and then when the vinyl was released I was lucky enough to score that as well!!

A very magical night indeed with all the rare gems they dusted off and new tunes they debuted that evening. I will listen to this boot in honor of it's anniversary today!

RM

AND you got to meet idratherbe. :lol: I have my signed Benny poster in my office; look at it every day. That whole night was magical, from the show itself, to meeting of old and new friends, and capped off with a chilly but definitely worth-it wait outside to meet some of the boys. Awesome.

~peace~
    Never allow someone to be your Priority,
    While allowing yourself to be their Option.

‹^›_‹(ô¿ô)›_‹^›

Please visit daily: www.theanimalrescuesite.com
  • I wasn't there regretfully but this remains one of my favorite shows of all time of any band to listen to. The energy, the intimacy of the venue, setlist, etc. all contribute to the wonderfulness that is PJ at Benaroya Hall.
    Live & Loud: A list of every concert I've been to.
    Vintage Four Wheels: If you like vintage cars.

2022: Oakland 1, Oakland 2 • 2018: Seattle 1 • 2014: Mountain View (BSB) • 2013: Philadelphia 1, Philadelphia 2, Oakland • 2011: Oakland 1 (EV), Oakland 2 (EV) • 2009: San Francisco (Outside Lands) • 2008: Berkeley (EV) • 2006: San Francisco 1, San Francisco 2 Mountain View (BSB) •  2000: Mountain View • 1999: Mountain View (BSB) • 1992: Stanhope (Lollapalooza)
  • Truly was the highlight of my show attending experiences. There will never be another one like it. The sound in that room was absolutely incredible. Imagine listening to your favorite band in a room where everything about it's design, right down to the fabric on the chairs was done specifically to make music sound the best. I still get goosebumps listening to Black and hearing how loud we were.
    Intelligence is the key and she was locked out

Let's Just Pop a Few Yards of Bubble Wrap and Call It a Day!

Don't Die Wondering

• wish i had gone, i was 10 lol.
    they should do it again so that i can go
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • eldermanelderman Posts: 180
    I would say this show was my "hat trick" in the sense that not only did I get lucky in scoring a ticket for this intimate show but I was also able to meet the band (well EV, McCready & Ament) and got my Benaroya Hall poster signed that night and then when the vinyl was released I was lucky enough to score that as well!!

RM
    You are one lucky bastard!
  • jamainiacjamainiac Posts: 429
    Agreed... Benaroya was amazing!

I was thinking this morning that today is the anniversary of my first PJ show, their 10th Anniversary show @ The MGM Grand, Garden Arena in Vegas :) Hard to imagine that was only 9 years ago...

Now reading this and thinking that Benaroya was only SIX years ago... I can't even get my head around that. Incredible how much "LIFE" can be jammed into 2190 days!
    Exercising her will to lose control...
    she lets go
  • OrangeBugOrangeBug Posts: 182
    Best day of my life! I saw one of the best pj shows, got back stage and talked with mike for maybe an hour then met the love of my life at the croc after... and married her 5 years to the day later. Today Is our one year anniversary. And it's the band aniverary too. Great day indeed!
    ... are we going to the same place?
  • funnygirlfunnygirl Posts: 529
    I LOVE B-Hall, My favorite! I listen to it daily... :mrgreen:
  • Sleight of Hand from that show is still my favorite thing the band has ever recorded, live or studio. It's so soulful and flawless.
  • Great show.......and nice pic funnygirl
  • Great show.......and nice pic funnygirl
    +1 :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    I must have listened to this boot more than any of my others. This show must have been an incredible live experience. Accoustic PJ, unbeatable. A great mix of songs, top show! All or None, legendary stuff. I would kill to hear this live played exactly as they played it at Benaroya Hall, Mike's solo is a killer. Just an all round magnificent show.