10 club philly tix & chicago

dr122931dr122931 Posts: 460
edited October 2009 in The Porch
I was a long time 10 club memeber and i mistakenly let my membership lapse (for more than a year). I joined again about 2 or so years ago. I went to Chicago 1 and my seats were not very good. I am not complaining, but they were on the top level pretty far from the stage. I was told by other 10 club members that the reason the tickets were bad is that it was the first announced show on the tour and fans flocked to attend. That makes perfect sense, as I booked a flight and decided to go the second it was announced. Again, i am not bitching.
That said, I am going to 10/31 in Philly and was wondering about the ticket situation. i do not expect to have outstanding seats, but i am hoping I am not on the top level. Can anyone tell me what i should expect? my member number begins with 416. I conned a friend, who is not a PJ fan, to fly to Philly with me to attend the show, telling my friend we would have good seats....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,858
    well there are a lot of 10c members heading to this show
    and the spectrum is not a big place

I would not expect anything other than to be in the building for a great show
  • release00release00 Posts: 347
    I can tell you that I've seen some seats in section 213 up on eBay, so I assume those were bought through the public on-sale...after all the 10c tickets had already been allocated. So I'm assuming, someone correct me if I'm wrong, that all 10clubbers will be inside section 213 and inside section 202 (if that makes sense) and in the floor. If that's the case, I think everyone with 10c tickets will have pretty good seats

thoughts?
    "So much it dont show"
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i plan on taking tissue for my nose bleed
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    i plan on winning the lotto. not for me but for my mom's first pj show on her 50th bday..gonna be awesome!
    getting very excited :D
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    release00 wrote:
    I can tell you that I've seen some seats in section 213 up on eBay, so I assume those were bought through the public on-sale...after all the 10c tickets had already been allocated. So I'm assuming, someone correct me if I'm wrong, that all 10clubbers will be inside section 213 and inside section 202 (if that makes sense) and in the floor. If that's the case, I think everyone with 10c tickets will have pretty good seats

thoughts?

There were lower level seats all over the place for the Chicago shows, too.

I wouldn't count on ANYTHING, seatwise.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    release00 wrote:

thoughts?

my thoughts are you would be wrong. why. when tickets went on sale, teh clearly stated that the extra tickets would be all over the areana.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    I don’t like being the bearer of bad news, but 10/31 had a real big 10C tix allotment and everyone and their mother is heading to that show, kinda like MSG 2003 and some 10C members ended up on the third level depending on their number (just because there were that many members in attendance) with a 416 number I would go thinking you are going to be on the 3rd level and maybe you’ll be pleasantly surprised and be on the second level. :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,858
    release00 wrote:

thoughts?
    10 c seats are scattered
    they dont get every seat in every row or section

and I highly doubt that the 10c already allocated the seats they were given prior to the onsale
    you can bet the 10c has seats on the floor, the wings on the lower and upper level, and in the 300s.

if its like MSG 03, then the front half of the floor and the entire lower bowl will be 10c
    but I have a feeling it may be more scattered

and by the way, 300s at the spectrum are not bad seats, they are like 200s at MSG
    81 wrote:
    release00 wrote:

thoughts?

my thoughts are you would be wrong. why. when tickets went on sale, teh clearly stated that the extra tickets would be all over the areana.

I remember that, they did state that the extra allotment was going to be all over the arena, so i think that was short for no guarantees that your tkts will be the best in the house.
    I think its better to go with low expectations with a number like that and if it turns out better then that's great.
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    I was told that Chicago 1 had $7k 10C tickets. Chicago 2 had about half that and most people's seats were twice as good.

I would expect Philly #4 to be similar to Chicago #1, so I wouldn't expect good seats at all unless you have a very low member number.

The first 3 Philly shows will be a different story. I would expect your seats to be more similar to Chicago #2, or what you are normally used to getting in a big city. The OP may have no point of reference for that since he doesn't appear to have gone to a show other than Chicago with his new member number.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I was told that Chicago 1 had $7k 10C tickets. Chicago 2 had about half that and most people's seats were twice as good.

I would expect Philly #4 to be similar to Chicago #1, so I wouldn't expect good seats at all unless you have a very low member number.

The first 3 Philly shows will be a different story. I would expect your seats to be more similar to Chicago #2, or what you are normally used to getting in a big city. The OP may have no point of reference for that since he doesn't appear to have gone to a show other than Chicago with his new member number.

Agreed ...

I dont have 10C tix for Friday im behind the stage DOH!! so I dont have the guessing game this time around :? but hey! I'm in the building! :D
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    BeerBaron wrote:

Agreed ...

I dont have 10C tix for Friday im behind the stage DOH!! so I dont have the guessing game this time around :? but hey! I'm in the building! :D

behind the stage may be just about the best place to see the show!

I have number 404*** and was in the middle of section 200 and 201 for Camden I and II - I know that has no relevance for next week's shows, but I don't think we will do too bad next week, just glad to be in the building
  • release00release00 Posts: 347
    You guys are probably right. I guess in a perfect 10c life, my idea would make sense. Wishful thinking I guess

I've got no problem with 300 level either...I had front row upper level in Cleveland '06 on the side of the stage. It was incredible. I nearly fell over the railing a couple times from dancing so hard
    "So much it dont show"
  • dr122931dr122931 Posts: 460
    I originally posted this.... I am an idiot. I actually have 10 club tickets to 10/30--not 10/31 (stubhub for 10/31). I got my dates confused.

That said, anyone have a prediction where my 416 tix are?

Thanks to all who replied....
    Well 10/30 should be a different story, I think the allotment of 10C tix for 10/30 are what they usually are, whatever percentage they usually get, so I think that 10C member with high numbers will have better seats than they would if they had 10/31 tickets through 10C.