Philly next week

chrisstammchrisstamm Posts: 4
edited October 2009 in The Porch
My wife and I are coming to Philly for the 10/27 show and staying a few extra days to sightsee. Neither of us have ever been here before and are looking for a few things to see and do. We fly in and arrive late on the 26th so that day is pretty much shot. We have until the pre-party on the 27th to mess around and then all of the 28th as well.

Is it better to rent a car, take a taxi or walk?
For someone with only a day and a half of time to cruise around what are the things we absolutely have to do?

We are staying at the Sofitel Philadelphia? Is it far from the Spectrum or can we walk?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    dumb question, but didn't you look at a map before booking your hotel? you should know where you are in relation to where you need to be.

anyways, i plan on checking out the liberty bell, Pats, and whatever else i stumble across.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • If you are staying in town and don't plan on travelling out to the suburbs, then a cab will work (or subway). The Spectrum is not in walking distance, but you can take the subway - should be an entrance to the "Broad Street Line" near your hotel.

There is enough to check out in town - Constitution Center, Liberty Bell, Old Cit, Rittenhouse Square, etc. - to keep you busy without needed a car.
  • 81 wrote:
    dumb question, but didn't you look at a map before booking your hotel?

Well by walking I meant using Subway or the like. What I didnt know and I guess I should have been clearer, was whether that was feasible or not from Sofitel.

Plus, from locals you always hear more than what a map can tell you. i.e. Our subway system is great, this line sucks so take a cab because it has 100 stops along the way, cabs are few and far between so you should rent a car, things like that. I'll take a locals point of view over a map any day.