Need Some Help From a Philly Local

brainofcbrainofc Posts: 60
edited October 2009 in The Porch
Hi,

So....I admit to dropping the ball and waiting this long to book a hotel for next weekend, and now the only decently priced hotels that are left are in the "City Line" area. I really don't care about being downtown or close to anything exciting, but it is important that I'm close by to public transportation/subway. Is there a Subway station near by in this area? I looked on the SEPTA website but couldn't really tell if there was anything close.

If not would it be smarter to just take a cab into the city and then take the subway from there? Is it a far drive to the downtown core or something on the broad street line?

Thanks in advance for the help.

C
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• brainofc wrote:
    Hi,

So....I admit to dropping the ball and waiting this long to book a hotel for next weekend, and now the only decently priced hotels that are left are in the "City Line" area. I really don't care about being downtown or close to anything exciting, but it is important that I'm close by to public transportation/subway. Is there a Subway station near by in this area? I looked on the SEPTA website but couldn't really tell if there was anything close.

If not would it be smarter to just take a cab into the city and then take the subway from there? Is it a far drive to the downtown core or something on the broad street line?

Thanks in advance for the help.

C

there's an R6 regional rail train that runs out of around there that can take you to center city where you could grab a subway to the stadiums. however, for after the show, i'm not sure how late they run so getting home that way could be a problem. i'd say it's about 20 mins to drive to center city from there and maybe 30 minutes to get the the stadiums. i'm basing this off of driving on 76 which can (more like will) get congested and can be really crappy
    Follow the ageless tide.
    Follow the angled light.
    Follow the strangest tribe.
  • The only hotels i can think of on city ave are definately not conducive to getting around on public transit. You would have to do bus-bus-subway to get to the stadium. This would work to get there, but after midnight our city really drops the ball on public transit. Your better off taking a cab to center city and hopping the subway and doing the same to get home. last time i took acab from city ave to center city it was 20 bucks.

http://airs1.septa.org/bin/query.exe/en? <- septas trip planner if youre interested