The Airborne Toxic Event

joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
edited May 2011 in Other Music
I saw The Airborne Toxic Event last night in Columbus.... Holy shit, those guys were really good live... I didn't have a lot of expectations going in since they only have the self titled disk out.... I was really stunned by how fun/good the show was. Came on around 10, played until around midnight... Met the band after the show and got an autographed LP... Great night, check them out if they're in your neck of the woods...
1998: Cleveland
2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
2003: Cleveland, Columbus
2004: Toledo
2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
2008: Washington D.C.
2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
2012: Atlanta
2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
2014: Cincinnati
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    I saw them at ACL and was very surprised. They were great! I had heard of them before but had never listened so they were a nice surprise. I love the sound the violin adds to the band.
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    PJGARDEN wrote:
    I saw them at ACL and was very surprised. They were great! I had heard of them before but had never listened so they were a nice surprise. I love the sound the violin adds to the band.

I caught their set at ACL too and was surprised at how good they were. When I got home I picked up their CD and was majorly disappointed. It seems way over produced and a lot of the live show sound just isn't there sadly.
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    yield2me wrote:
    PJGARDEN wrote:

I caught their set at ACL too and was surprised at how good they were. When I got home I picked up their CD and was majorly disappointed. It seems way over produced and a lot of the live show sound just isn't there sadly.

Awww really??? I added it to my "to buy" list but haven't picked it up yet. Too bad. They're set was really good.
  • Somehow I was unaware of these guys until a few weeks ago. Now I can't stop listening to their album. I gotta get that new live album. I guess their second album is coming out early next year. Very cool band.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    i absolutely love their first album. it has been in my car cd changer since january 2009 when i bought the album. it has gotten me through some tough times, and i can completely relate to the story in sometime around midnight, as that exact same thing has happened to me before....mikel's lyrics are poetry.

there are some nice live videos on youtube.

i will definitely see them the next time they come to town.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    Just heard of them through going the distance soundtrack
    Good stuff!
    Stoked to ck them out live
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    I just got the new live album All I Ever Wanted, it's good. Check it out.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    I just got the new live album All I Ever Wanted, it's good. Check it out.
    i will be picking this up this weekend....
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    New album out today. I've only given it 1 listen, but I'm definitely liking what I'm hearing. Looking forward to seeing these guys next month..
  • joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    New album out today. I've only given it 1 listen, but I'm definitely liking what I'm hearing. Looking forward to seeing these guys next month..

It's got some really solid songs on it. I'm excited to see them next month too!
    Going to see these guys tonight at the Meto in Chicago. Very good band at an awesome venue...pretty pumped!
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
    Nice to see them back finally.  Won't be the same with Anna gone and no more violin....I wonder if they're going to replace her or just stick as a 4 piece band now.  Got tickets to their Chicago show in June at the vic.
    edited March 2020
    Nice to see them back finally.  Won't be the same with Anna gone and no more violin....I wonder if they're going to replace her or just stick as a 4 piece band now.  Got tickets to their Chicago show in June at the vic.

The ladies are gone from both Hause and TATE! I hope they find what they are looking for.
    The Vic was sold out by the time I saw they were touring.
    edited June 2020
    Their new album is pretty damn good.  Live stream show they did a couple weeks ago was great....the new violin player sounded pretty great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC2hK8Nu_Og
    Post edited by Indifference71 on
    Their new album is pretty damn good.  Live stream show they did a couple weeks ago was great....the new violin player sounded pretty great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC2hK8Nu_Og

The live stream was one of my favorites (after they figured the video\audio thing out)
    Really digging the new album.  Carry Me and All The Children are my 2 favorites so far.  Brutal that we won't be able to see any of the new songs live until next year hopefully.  I really miss concerts.
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Really digging the new album.  Carry Me and All The Children are my 2 favorites so far.  Brutal that we won't be able to see any of the new songs live until next year hopefully.  I really miss concerts.
    You know, I believe they will be on my gotta see list when concerts come back again. Loving the new album!
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    deadendp said:
    You know, I believe they will be on my gotta see list when concerts come back again. Loving the new album!
    Definitely add them to the list!  Their shows are a blast.  I've seen them 6-7 times and they are always great.
  • Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,848
    New album is great... 
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

Anyone read the book? I thought it was good.
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Malroth said:
    Anyone read the book? I thought it was good.
    It's on the list. Gotta get to the CC book first. 
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    This friday at the vic in chicago.

I may have an extra ticket if anyone interested?