What's the latest on the 10C Backspacer concert downloads?

circlesdowncirclesdown Posts: 308
edited October 2009 in The Porch
I just did a search for new news and couldn't find any. Are we going to get a free concert download?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i've not seen an update. maybe after philly?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    it would be shocking ..
  • I'm wondering the same, can't find a straight answer in the Community forum. The funny thing is, the first time I popped my 10C copy of Backspacer in the computer, accessed the bonus material and clicked on "Concert Downloads" it took me to a screen where I could choose from the available free shows. I decided to wait, research the shows first, and then return to choose the 2 that I thought were best. Now when I pop in the CD, access the bonus material and click on "Concert Downloads", I'm taken to PJ's website to purchase bootlegs from 2008?! What gives??
  • spankyMPspankyMP Posts: 1,782
    this is just a guess, but i am holding out hope that after the philly shows they will announce that we can download 2 shows from this tour. again this is just a guess.
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • This is whack. I paid over $19 for my cd from the 10C and I can't download the shows like they said I could? Why would they make us wait? They're just going to forget about it and hope we all will too. Fix the glitch and let us get our shows. I waited to get mine and yesterday I got a serious craving for some new shows to listen to so I decided to go ahead and downloan them. But I can't and now I'm stuck with listening to Ed forget the words to Immortality from London 2000.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,858
    this has been discussed at length

no downloads for 10c version
    and while I was miffed at first, the downloads offered with target and itunes are
    1)incomplete shows-songs have been cut and
    2) readily available in complete format elsewhere (except the 08 which you should buy here anyway)

so really its no big deal

although I wish 10c members did get something special with their orders
  • So where might I be able to find some recent (08 - 09) show downloads other than the pj website?
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,858
    jon wrote:
    So where might I be able to find some recent (08 - 09) show downloads other than the pj website?
    I cannot advocate downloading shows that are still available for purchase as that violates 10c policy
    but if you look around, you just might find them

whats a pirate's favorite letter?

Arrrrrrrrrrrrr.

there is a clue in there somewhere
  • jon wrote:
    This is whack. I paid over $19 for my cd from the 10C and I can't download the shows like they said I could? Why would they make us wait? They're just going to forget about it and hope we all will too. Fix the glitch and let us get our shows. I waited to get mine and yesterday I got a serious craving for some new shows to listen to so I decided to go ahead and downloan them. But I can't and now I'm stuck with listening to Ed forget the words to Immortality from London 2000.

the "early" 09 bootlegs weren't rolled out until after backspacer was released which makes sense because backspacer songs were performed at those shows. it's all in the timing.

so, logic says that after this little leg of the tour is done, that the 10C will most likely offer any 2 or maybe just 1 or maybe more than 2 of this tour to download...in full. once again, all in the timing.

ever hear the saying "good things come to those who wait?"

also, how is it you paid $19???? and if you're a fan you'll buy a bootleg or two or three anyway, so quit your complaining.

and let's pretend that 10C said right now "ok go download 2 shows". you'd still be bitching because "you don't know whether you should do it now or wait until after the tour is done". WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    "If you love someone, set them free. If someone loves you, don't fuck up." -ev

6/29/03 - Montreal, QC 10/1/04 - Reading, PA
    10/3/05 - Philadelphia, PA 5/12/06 - Albany, NY
    6/27/08 - Hartford, CT (FRONT ROW CENTER!)
    8/2/08 - (ev) Boston, MA 6/9/09 - (ev) Albany, NY
    8/21/09 - Toronto, ON 5/10/10 - Buffalo, NY
  • there's so many possibilites...how about instead of bitching that we haven't been updated, we maul over the possibilites??

what if...

we get to download all of philly for free??

all of san diego or LA??

what if...

we get access to some of this live stuff on vinyl???

cmon people the possibilities are endless! stay positive!!
    "If you love someone, set them free. If someone loves you, don't fuck up." -ev

6/29/03 - Montreal, QC 10/1/04 - Reading, PA
    10/3/05 - Philadelphia, PA 5/12/06 - Albany, NY
    6/27/08 - Hartford, CT (FRONT ROW CENTER!)
    8/2/08 - (ev) Boston, MA 6/9/09 - (ev) Albany, NY
    8/21/09 - Toronto, ON 5/10/10 - Buffalo, NY
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,562
    jon wrote:
    This is whack. I paid over $19 for my cd from the 10C and I can't download the shows like they said I could? Why would they make us wait? They're just going to forget about it and hope we all will too. Fix the glitch and let us get our shows. I waited to get mine and yesterday I got a serious craving for some new shows to listen to so I decided to go ahead and downloan them. But I can't and now I'm stuck with listening to Ed forget the words to Immortality from London 2000.
    big, bold, and free....remember that?
  • A_L_L_IA_L_L_I Posts: 49
    i downloaded halifax... but one of the files is corrupted (RVM). help anyone?
  • jon wrote:

the "early" 09 bootlegs weren't rolled out until after backspacer was released which makes sense because backspacer songs were performed at those shows. it's all in the timing.

so, logic says that after this little leg of the tour is done, that the 10C will most likely offer any 2 or maybe just 1 or maybe more than 2 of this tour to download...in full. once again, all in the timing.

ever hear the saying "good things come to those who wait?"

also, how is it you paid $19???? and if you're a fan you'll buy a bootleg or two or three anyway, so quit your complaining.

and let's pretend that 10C said right now "ok go download 2 shows". you'd still be bitching because "you don't know whether you should do it now or wait until after the tour is done". WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

No man, I complain when they do not give me what they advertised and what I paid for. So I'm only a fan if I buy 2 or 3 bootlegs? Really, that is your definition of a fan? I happen to have spent tons and tons of cash on this band, seeing them live over 15 times and buying all of the stuff they release. And no, if they said go ahead and download 2 shows I would go ahead and do it, like I said I was trying to do the other night. If they allow us to get them after this tour than I'm cool with that, I just don't know if that's what is going to happen, it it is then great. Don't assume I'd bitch because I can't choose which one to get, I bitch because I'm not allowed to get one at all after I paid for it. It's ok if I get banned for this, but you're a doucebag. Your response is full of assumptions. You're complaint-policing and telling people what you have to do to be a fan.