Given to wail not working?

PJ Fan est. 1990PJ Fan est. 1990 Posts: 1,788
edited October 2009 in The Porch
for some reason when i try to get onto given to wail, this thing comes up saying it's an "attack site"...i'm not sure if this is a legit thing or not, but bottom line is i can't get on given to wail...anyone else have this problem?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 37pheet37pheet Posts: 433
    i have the same problem
  • good i'm not alone
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    The cms was probably hacked. This is why running a website is sometimes painful keeping up with security patches and monitoring exploits.
  • The cms was probably hacked. This is why running a website is sometimes painful keeping up with security patches and monitoring exploits.

i hope the GTW guys are 10c members...i hope they see this so they can fix it..good luck fixing it guys!
    The cms was probably hacked. This is why running a website is sometimes painful keeping up with security patches and monitoring exploits.

i hope the GTW guys are 10c members...i hope they see this so they can fix it..good luck fixing it guys!

I've had one hack on my servers through an add-on that had a secuirty hole in it, I knew pretty quickly becasue performance across my network was downgraded. If they are on a decent server facility (a very big IF), they should have been notified very quickly - in fact. most known expoits should be monitored anyway.
  • The cms was probably hacked. This is why running a website is sometimes painful keeping up with security patches and monitoring exploits.

I've had one hack on my servers through an add-on that had a secuirty hole in it, I knew pretty quickly becasue performance across my network was downgraded. If they are on a decent server facility (a very big IF), they should have been notified very quickly - in fact. most known expoits should be monitored anyway.

oh you're the gtw guy? what do you have to do to fix it?
    Nope, I'm not gtw. I run other websites that use a similar kind of cms to this site - but not the same one. I'm not sure what cms gtw uses, but these things are never 'set and forget'. The moment you treat them like they are then hacks happen. This is also why cheap hosting is really not a good option for the few bucks you save. But I also don't know who their host is - it can also happen on the best.
  • I visited the site and since then I think I received some kind of virus/trojan on my computer...I kept getting pop ups with fake anti-virus programs saying I that I had a virus...and "click here" to prevent them...My actual anti virus program did not help so I eventually had to do a full system restore to return things to normal....I would suggest not visiting there at all until they get it sorted........
  • gtw was hacked and is down till further notice.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=114998