second single from backspacer

davetendaveten Posts: 143
edited March 2010 in The Porch
new single is got some/just breathe,a double A side single,released nov.6,just heard it on today fm[irish radio station]
cork 96,dublin 96,dublin 00,dublin 06,london 08, dublin 10, belfast 10, ev solo London 2012
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,480
    I told you Just Breathe will be the next single! 8-) Though, why are they releasing Side A - Got Some & Side B - Just Breathe as single releases from Backspacer? Remember the day's of Ten? Released singles with a bonus track never heard or a live track as a b side? I hope those day's are not gone completely, yet! :|
  • CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    Great news! I love the double A-side idea. Both songs should do well...Got Some on rock stations and Just Breathe on multiple formats.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    They actually have played Just breathe on Sirius XM Coffee House, which is all acoustic laid back music.
  • demetrios wrote:
    I told you Just Breathe will be the next single! 8-) Though, why are they releasing Side A - Got Some & Side B - Just Breathe as single releases from Backspacer? Remember the day's of Ten? Released singles with a bonus track never heard or a live track as a b side? I hope those day's are not gone completely, yet! :|
    they havent done that in awhile, unfortunately.
  • i think you would find a lot of support for unreleased tracks for b-sides. There must be a mountain of material that gets recorded as an acoustic track just to see what it sounds like, or just songs that don't make it on to the album,or live tracks from the first few years! How much would we like to hear a few tracks from 91 ans 92 again. Perhaps there could be a Ten Club version of the single with extra tracks....just an idea guys. But the good news is of course that the band are back and on form and pulled off another excellent album. If you've seen their shows you'd know what i mean.
  • i know we will not get any b-sides with it and i'm ok with that because i just heard cigarette song and it was just ed coughing for 3:47.
  • they are pissing away a lot of money by putting other album songs on the singles instead of unreleased stuff. i haven't bought their singles since they stopped. whats the point? i already have the album.
  • does anyone know when its up for sale
  • Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    Got Some = Awesomeness, my favourite on the album i reckon, with the other ten a close second :D
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • IT'S A DOUBLE A SIDE, neither Got Some or Just Breathe will be the b-side. Plus aren't they keeping all the out-takes from Backspacer for an EP next year?
  • SpagsSpags Posts: 3,030
    Great choices for the next single - wonder what image they will use for the cover?
    Nature drunk and High
  • I think "Amongst The Waves" would have been a better choice.
  • Unthought Known should have been the next single. It is by far the best song on the album.
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • demetrios wrote:
    they havent done that in awhile, unfortunately.

Life Wasted had a live track as it's B-Side...
  • These two songs are a great choice for the second single.
    Got Some serves perfect as a great rock track, Just Breathe fits in great for the 'normal' radio stations.
    As for the fans, it would be good if they included a demo version for both songs on the single.
  • Diggy381Diggy381 Posts: 165
    Does anyone know if this is going to be available for purchase. . . and when?
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    Unthought Known should have been the next single. It is by far the best song on the album.

Great song would be a TERRIBLE single though.
  • dbodnerdbodner Posts: 60
    they are pissing away a lot of money by putting other album songs on the singles instead of unreleased stuff. i haven't bought their singles since they stopped. whats the point? i already have the album.

we're (people who have already bought the cd) aren't really the target market for singles.
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    Just Breathe was #3 on the top 5 at 9 last night (KROQ Los Angeles) since it's a double a-side i'm suprised the rock station isn't focusing on Got Some.

I guess Just Breathe will have more wide spread appeal
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Unthought Known should have been the next single. It is by far the best song on the album.

Driving anthemic pop song, not a million miles away from stuff like Coldplay. I think it could do really well. I still think they need to release Amongst The Waves as a single.
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    Unthought Known should have been the next single. It is by far the best song on the album.

Driving anthemic pop song, not a million miles away from stuff like Coldplay. I think it could do really well. I still think they need to release Amongst The Waves as a single.
    Never ever compare these 2 bands!!!!!!!!!!! You should be banned for this! :shock: :D
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I just hope there's a third single.. Amongst the Waves deserves the treatment at some point.
  • yeah. Amongst The Waves should be the third single. its a masterpiece

• Great song would be a TERRIBLE single though.

Never ever compare these 2 bands!!!!!!!!!!! You should be banned for this! :shock: :D
    its a fair comparison though.

And i hope ATW doesnt get released as a single, but it seems strange they would make a song like that and not release it as a single, since it seems tailor made for radio.
  • Never ever compare these 2 bands!!!!!!!!!!! You should be banned for this! :shock: :D

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't count myself a Coldplay fan at all, but that chiming anthemic sound in Unthought Known may well appeal to people who are into stuff like Coldplay.
  • Danny BoyDanny Boy Posts: 161

Couldn't agree with you more! The stretch of songs 5-7 is pretty damned special even though the album as a whole is aces.

I thought I read somewhere that Amongst The Waves was slated to be the next single. The rumors abound...
    Trading magic for fact, no tradebacks... So this is what it's like to be an adult...
  • pjfanmanpjfanman Posts: 84
    "Unthought Known" is in fact the third single from Backspacer according to hitsdailydouble:

JAMMING WITH JUDE: Pearl Jam’s Backspacer has rocketed back into the iTunes Top 10 and now holds the #7 position—while also being promo’d at the top of the store’s homepage—after the band performed current single “Unthought Known” on the Jude Law-hosted latest edition of SNL. Speaking of which… (3/15a)

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi