Matt Cameron on Save You breakdown?

Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
edited October 2009 in Musicians and Gearheads
Yo guys

Just noticed this for ages but never actually made a thread on it. If you listen to any version of save you, well i just listeneed to seattle 1 and its there but in the clapping breakdown section he does this really really nice fast bass drum beats, i just want to ask, these are bass drum beats right?and im sure he just has a single pedal? it just sounds insane.

Reminds me of like Dave A in Deep during the verses, just some really nice bass drum work.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mcgavinjmcgavinj Posts: 311
    I'd actually be willing to bed he's probably got a double bass pedal.....but it's insane nevertheless. The fill on betterman LO2L is another fine display
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Where are the drummers? CJ?
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    Brisk. wrote:
    Where are the drummers? CJ?

The drummers are waiting for someone who can type to help them get a reply to you... be patient with them... :lol:

<Waits for the well aimed drum sticks to hit his head>

Sorry drummers, It's been a long time since I've made a drummer joke - just jokes, really just jokes.
    Bumpp
  • It's definitely a single pedal. Assuming you are talking about the part when it's just bass and drums, I'm only hearing single strokes on the kick drum in that section (i checked 5 versions of the song from 2003-2008).
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
    It's definitely a single pedal. Assuming you are talking about the part when it's just bass and drums, I'm only hearing single strokes on the kick drum in that section (i checked 5 versions of the song from 2003-2008).

Yeah he hasn't done it very often, i dont think im allowed to upload 09 versions of songs but he does it in there. Youtube is a pile of crap.
  • i believe he has a double bass pedal.. i think ive seen him use it in a video a couple times. but cameron does use fast bass sometimes with a mix of his toms. u could also be mistaking his floor tom for a bass sound in the whole mix of him doin clappin breakdown
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    It's definitely a single pedal. Assuming you are talking about the part when it's just bass and drums, I'm only hearing single strokes on the kick drum in that section (i checked 5 versions of the song from 2003-2008).

Yup, single pedal. As a drummer its pretty easy to tell the difference between single and double when listening to drumming.

And yes matt does have a very fast right foot, he just doesnt use it anywhere near as much as dave did. he does do double kicks before hitting the crash pretty often live though.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
    i believe he has a double bass pedal.. i think ive seen him use it in a video a couple times. but cameron does use fast bass sometimes with a mix of his toms. u could also be mistaking his floor tom for a bass sound in the whole mix of him doin clappin breakdown

Yeah but im 100% sure is bass drum!