Options

Watching "Down" on LATG had me thinking

No Fear Of FallingNo Fear Of Falling Posts: 419
edited May 2008 in The Porch
That we are all very lucky.

Considering what happenned last week with the Red Hot Chili Peppers, I was thinking about how horrible I'd feel if that were PJ who said they were "disbanding temporarily".

So, aside from posters, bootlegs and all that nonsense, we all should just feel very happy that our favorite band is alive & well.

Watching "Down" on LATG put a giant smile on my face, watching these guys just goof around and have fun with eachother. Really is nice to see that the band is more of a "brotherhood" then just 4 guys who play music together.

Pearl Jam is about to embark on a short tour, and a brand new album is in the works (surely to be followed by more touring), and I think for that reason alone we should all feel blessed.
2004 - 10/1, 10/11
2005 - 9/15, 9/16, 9/30, 10/1, 10/3
2006 - 5/5, 5/12, 5/13, 5/27, 5/28, 5/30, 6/1, 6/3, 6/23, 7/22, 7/23, 12/2
2007 - 6/27, 8/3
2008 - 6/14, 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/24, 6/25, 6/27, 6/28, 6/30, 7/1
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    i hadnt heard that about the peppers... as talented as all those guys are though they basically did the same song over and over... their old school funky shit rocks but lately its been mindless teen pandering crap IMO (since californication... with a few exceptions)

and i agree with ya... everytime i hear about a band breaking up or the problems they have it really makes me appreciate the professionalism and friendship (i can only assume they get along well) of the PJ boys
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    http://www.cinemablend.com/music/Red-Hot-Chili-Peppers-Break-Up-For-One-Year-10525.html

Hmmm....hard to find a story on it....you are right.....not a break up at all.....It is like when Eddie talked about being married to the band on SVT........
  • Options
    I thought about that too. I actually called a friend of mine who likes them as much as i like PJ amd gave my condolances. lol

And yesterday, another friend of mine who's a huge DMB fan told me that some guy from the band (keyboardist, maybe)decided to leave. She was distraught.

If/when Pearl jam decide to quit playing and touring it'll be like a closed chapter in my life. It's sad to think about so i appreciate everything they give us.
  • Options
    ovechkin8ovechkin8 Posts: 491
    flea and chad need to start a jamband immediately
  • Options
    Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    love that part of the vid
  • Options
    Stone IronsStone Irons Posts: 430
    The band was close to breaking up in the mid-90s, but it's great that they were able to resolve their inner-band problems.
    Can't escape from the common rule...
    If you hate something, don't you do it too
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,779
    i'm confused, are the chili's breaking up or what?

I agree, a lot of their stuff sounded alike, but oddly enough, it was still enjoyable. :)
  • Options
    Big EdBig Ed Posts: 331
    PJ sure has given us one hell of a ride....and I appreciate the hell out of the big waves they keep sending our way. They have been so generous to the fans through the years....so many songs.....tours......fan club.....newsletters...singles..(Christmas & the film)...dvd's....boot's.....posters.....so on and so forth.
    If they called it quits in the next year or two....none of us would really have anything to bitch about. I would hate it for the "new" fans....but I have enough stuff to keep my jam on 'till I leave this world, I'm sure.
    So many great memories and songs to sing to pass the time away while I'm driftin...driftin, driftin along....
    Ignoring Rusted Signs
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    They are just taking time off for a year. Pretty much what PJ did after the Riot Act tour.