3-4 months to live...

pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
edited August 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Oct. 2009---A very close family friend has been given 3-4 months to live because of cancer. we're all hoping that she atleast gets to see her first grand-baby. all prayers are welcome. :) thank you.

Aug. 2010--wow. so this close family friend is my mom's first cousin, Sue. I posted this in October 2009 and she is still alive today in August 2010...she surpassed the 3-4 month life sentence. But sadly, mom told me today that her liver has stopped working and she is now looking at 1 to 2 weeks. Its so sad. She is such a nice lady. I wish I would have prayed more for her. I want to go see her before she passes. Luckily she did get to see her first grand-baby born. Its just not right. It really must be genetic with her. so weird--2 of her brothers passed away about 10 yrs ago from similar conditions. There will only be one sibling left, but her mother is still alive at 91? so it must be genetic on her dad's side? one of those life questions that we'll never know the true answer to. Can you imagine? --- a 91 yr old mother living to see 3 of her kids die before her--so weird. but I think she had dementia or alzheimer's, so she might not even realize all that. AND this 91 yr old woman is the oldest of 4 and has lived to see all her siblings die as well. so weird. crazy.

I really hope that she can live longer, but not in so much pain. I pray that God helps her with the pain. Amen.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I hope the last months of her life are filled with joy. Good vibes being sent your way.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    my thoughts are with you and your family. i hope they are good months.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • many prayers. I hope she gets to see her grandchild too... it will give her hope.
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    My thoughts and prayers are with your friend and her family, and I truly hopes that she get to see her grandchild...

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    and this is why ed wrote "the end"
  • im sorry..all the best for the time
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    I hope the last months of her life are filled with joy. Good vibes being sent your way.

absolutely this!

such tragic news, i hope she truly gets to LIVE in what time she has left.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    my uncle was given about the same amount of time last november, but he's still alive and is fine. they were able to treat it. i dont want to get your hopes terribly up, but make sure they get a second opinion. doctors are human too and some of the things they can do are amazing these days.

nonetheless, sounds like a hard time for you and yours. good luck.
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    So sorry to hear this .... but please try and stay positive that your friend will see and hold her first grand child.

My great friend experienced similar circumstances.Doctors thought she would not survive Spring 08.Then she found out she was going to have her first grandchild in August 08.
    She remained very ill but she did indeed see,hold and love her granddaughter.Sadly she passed away one month later.But she passed knowing that her beautiful baby girl had arrived safely in the world.

I really believe the strength of the human spirit can carry people through to a significant event.I have seen it happen.

My thoughts to you and your friend and family at this time.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • thank you all for your well wishes to her. I truly believe that a positive spirit can take her farther.

My uncle also has limited time--lou garret's (spelled it wrong i'm sure)disease--2-3 yrs life expectancy.
    never thought I'd be praying to God with a ginormous list of people. I guess that's a sign of getting older, eh?

well wishes and prayers to all you going through it as well.

peace & love
  • thank you all for your well wishes to her. I truly believe that a positive spirit can take her farther.

My uncle also has limited time--lou garret's (spelled it wrong i'm sure)disease--2-3 yrs life expectancy.
    never thought I'd be praying to God with a ginormous list of people. I guess that's a sign of getting older, eh?

well wishes and prayers to all you going through it as well.

peace & love

My uncle with the lou garret's disease is getting worse as well. I think I need to start going to church again. Its really been too long. I've been so selfish, while so many out there are dying.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    What a horrible disease... Awesome she got the "bonus" time and I hope she made most of it as well as she could. That grand baby I'm sure didn't hurt.

BTW...It's Lou Gehrig disease and that sounds like it would be the worst possible disease to ever have.
  • DewieCox wrote:
    What a horrible disease... Awesome she got the "bonus" time and I hope she made most of it as well as she could. That grand baby I'm sure didn't hurt.

BTW...It's Lou Gehrig disease and that sounds like it would be the worst possible disease to ever have.

thank you, Dewie. I knew I was spelling Lou Gehrig wrong the first time--I'm just too blah to look it up.

I actually just got an e-mail from my mom a couple hrs ago saying that she might not make it past 48 hrs because of the failed liver. I think they're leaving tonight to go pay their last respects. I can't believe I had all this time to visit her and didn't. I'm such an ass. I have to work every day this week. she lives a couple hrs away. I think I may be looking only at seeing her at the funeral now. unbelievable. I really didn't know her very well, but damn. still can't believe it. :(
  • blenderman69blenderman69 Posts: 2,104
    god be with you and your family
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,696
    Best wishes for you & your family in this difficult time.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2