Getting a sport-inspired PJ shirt...

BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,335
edited October 2009 in Given To Fly (live)
For those of you who have managed to get these sport-inspired shirts..... do you really have to be there in line when the doors open? I realize it may vary depending on the venue, lets just assume that the venue is sold out. Is this experience similar to the forgettable rush into an electronics store on Thanksgiving's Black Friday?

'Really looking forward to the Philly shows.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    BF89905 wrote:
    For those of you who have managed to get these sport-inspired shirts..... do you really have to be there in line when the doors open? I realize it may vary depending on the venue, lets just assume that the venue is sold out. Is this experience similar to the forgettable rush into an electronics store on Thanksgiving's Black Friday?

'Really looking forward to the Philly shows.
    Pretty much yes... if you're a M or S you probably can get there later and be OK though.
  • PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 782
    NOT EVEN CLOSE to an "electronic store Black Friday", as you compared it to. Just get there early, (when the doors open) and you should be ok.
  • If your an XL sometimes being in line early doest even work. I was in a merchandise stand literally a minute and a half after gates opened in San Diego and XL was already gone. Probably because of people who buy ten like the guy 5 people in front of me.
    http://mastersofourdomain.blogspot.com/

My Movie/Music Reviews & Sports Blog
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    If your an XL sometimes being in line early doest even work. I was in a merchandise stand literally a minute and a half after gates opened in San Diego and XL was already gone. Probably because of people who buy ten like the guy 5 people in front of me.
    In LA they limited it to 2 per person, so that really sucks if they went back to no limit. Hopefully in Philly they strictly enforce that 2 per person limit.
  • MeijinMeijin Posts: 51
    In San Diego the merch stand was open from 4PM on so gates opened 2h30m after shirts went on sale. If there were ANY left at 6P I would have been surprised.

LA2 was the hardest night by far to grab a shirt. LA3 would have been a nightmare had there not been a limit. Also - don't go for the first merch stand inside the gates; it'll be swamped. At LA you could have calmly walked to the only merch stand inside if you were there at gates and easily score an XL.
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,335
    thanks for the heads-up info.
  • PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 782
    Meijin wrote:
    In San Diego the merch stand was open from 4PM on so gates opened 2h30m after shirts went on sale. If there were ANY left at 6P I would have been surprised.

LA2 was the hardest night by far to grab a shirt. LA3 would have been a nightmare had there not been a limit. Also - don't go for the first merch stand inside the gates; it'll be swamped. At LA you could have calmly walked to the only merch stand inside if you were there at gates and easily score an XL.

Very true. I bought a shirt/poster around 4:30 pm, my friend bought his almost 30 minutes earlier

I imagine not too many were left once the gates officially opened nearly 2 and a half hours later
  • I wish they would just make more of them to sell at the shows. It's ridiculous to go through all of this for a shirt.
  • I wish they would just make more of them to sell at the shows. It's ridiculous to go through all of this for a shirt.

What's even worse is the people that buy the shirts at the venue then turn around and sell them on eBay for $200.

I totally wish they would make more shirts; they are going to sell, no issue there, so please make more.
  • the xls and the xxls have been selling out real quick. its gonna be a battle if you need one of those sizes.
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • they had 3 XXL in Salt Lake per merch stand...they opened the merch booth early without any notice (bad idea) so your odds were impossible for that size...good thing the Jazz suck! :lol:
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Meijin wrote:

Man I didnt even know the merch opened early in SD. Were there some outside the gates cuz I was there at 3 to pick up my tickets and didnt see any.
    http://mastersofourdomain.blogspot.com/

My Movie/Music Reviews & Sports Blog