Options

STP At Jones Beach

Black1991Black1991 Posts: 119
edited August 2008 in The Porch
so i was at the show tonite i got to admit it was a really good show but nothing like pearl jam they only played for an hour and a half and weilands attire was too much for me lol any way it was my first show at jones beach and i liked the theater a lot i really want pearl jam to play there again that would be amazing hopefully they came back soon, im guessing two to three years realistically.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    After hearing all the negative reviews I went in with pretty low expectations, but I was totally blown away. The band sounded fantastic last night. Scott may not be at the top of his game, but for the majority of the night he was great, and the rest of the band sounds better than I've ever heard them. The Deleos in my opinion are two of the most underrated musicians in rock. Period. My biggest complaint, like the OP said, was how short the set was. Just under two hours is just not enough, in my opinion. But what can you do. All in all a great night.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    MY BRO WAS 3RD ROW DEAD CENTER

he sent me some bad ass pics
  • Options
    thebends9thebends9 Posts: 513
    I was really let down by the performance, I left after Crackerman (about 45 min. into the show). I've seen STP numerous times and this was by far the weakest show yet. I couldn't deal with Scott being off-key and the monotone mumbling throughout...but the band was stellar.

Oh well, hopefully Scott will get himself back together because when STP was on top of their game they were a force to be reckoned with...but they still can't touch Pearl Jam!
    '98 - MSG 
    '00 - Jones Beach (x2)
    '03 - Nassau Coliseum/Tweeter Center/ MSG (x2)
    '04 - Reading, PA
    '05 - Wachovia Center
    '06 - Irving Plaza; Continental Airlines Arena (x2)
    '08 - MSG (x2); Beacon Theater
    '09 - Philly Spectrum (x2)
    '10 - XL Center; Prudential Center; MSG (x2)
    '11 - Alpine Valley (x2)
    '12 - Made In America
    '13 - Wrigley Field; DCU Center; Barclay Center (x2); Wells Fargo Center; XL Center
    '15 - Ed Sullivan Theater
    '16 - MSG (x2)
    '17 - Barclay Center (R&RHOF)
    '18 - Fenway Park
    '22 - MSG
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,221
    thebends9 wrote:
    I was really let down by the performance, I left after Crackerman (about 45 min. into the show). I've seen STP numerous times and this was by far the weakest show yet. I couldn't deal with Scott being off-key and the monotone mumbling throughout...but the band was stellar.

Oh well, hopefully Scott will get himself back together because when STP was on top of their game they were a force to be reckoned with...but they still can't touch Pearl Jam!

You left after 45 mins?? The band was "stellar" and you left after 45 mins??

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    schmoffschmoff Posts: 428
    i was there also, i thought it was a real good show compared to all the bad reviews lately

i wore my EV solo shirt, saw a couple others wearing theres too, and met a few other PJ fans

good time but after 4 EV shows and 1 STP show in 6 days for me, i'm done and very tired
    50+ shows and lost count somewhere along the way
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    thebends9 wrote:

The rest of the band was way too good to really mind how Scott sounded for me. Also, I didn't think he was that bad for most of the show. Sure there were a few moments where it was clear he was off key or straining, but it wasn't like he never hit the notes.

Also, I don't care what he sounds like when he's talking (although he did sound like he was fucked out of his mind when he was talking) as long as the band is rockin'.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    thebends9 wrote:
    I was really let down by the performance, I left after Crackerman (about 45 min. into the show).

Were you in 14R? The people behind me left then too.

The show was alright. I've seen STP, Scott solo and VR, and this show was at the bottom of my list. I felt like the band kinda phoned it in and I just wasn't impressed at all. Scott sounded much better earlier this year when I saw him with VR.

They definitely need to do something about their graphics. It looks like an early 90's computer screen saver is running in the background.
  • Options
    thebends9thebends9 Posts: 513
    Were you in 14R? The people behind me left then too.

The show was alright. I've seen STP, Scott solo and VR, and this show was at the bottom of my list. I felt like the band kinda phoned it in and I just wasn't impressed at all. Scott sounded much better earlier this year when I saw him with VR.

They definitely need to do something about their graphics. It looks like an early 90's computer screen saver is running in the background.

I had Orch C row M, that wasnt me.
    '98 - MSG 
    '00 - Jones Beach (x2)
    '03 - Nassau Coliseum/Tweeter Center/ MSG (x2)
    '04 - Reading, PA
    '05 - Wachovia Center
    '06 - Irving Plaza; Continental Airlines Arena (x2)
    '08 - MSG (x2); Beacon Theater
    '09 - Philly Spectrum (x2)
    '10 - XL Center; Prudential Center; MSG (x2)
    '11 - Alpine Valley (x2)
    '12 - Made In America
    '13 - Wrigley Field; DCU Center; Barclay Center (x2); Wells Fargo Center; XL Center
    '15 - Ed Sullivan Theater
    '16 - MSG (x2)
    '17 - Barclay Center (R&RHOF)
    '18 - Fenway Park
    '22 - MSG
  • Options
    In general, Scott Weiland has screwed up his career. STP didn't want to work with him at some point. Velvet Revolver kicked him out of the band. Now, it looks like he is pissing off the other members in STP. This is his 3rd go around with STP and it is clear to me that after this tour, it's just not going to go any further.

He's such an talented musician and it's a shame.
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    That's my problem with STP. They have crafted some pretty good songs in their time, but the lack of being able to sing them live is somewhat distracting. Just me. Also, I think we are a little spoiled about the time that PJ spends on stage. I accompanied my wife to a coldplay show in Hartford, and while everyone was raving about them, I was more focused on the fact that they only played an hour and a half (if that). Ah well. By the way, at the risk of being ridiculed, I actually thought Coldplay was quite good. Not a fan of their older stuff, but the new album sounded pretty good live.