Options

Pearl Jam MSG and the Rangers

Comments

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,804
    Its actually the possibility of 3 nights off which is almost unheard of with the NHL playoffs. I am not saying it hasn't happened or won't happen but they say "All dates subject to change" for a reason.
  • Options
    scornlanderscornlander Colorado Posts: 98
    PJNB said:

Its actually the possibility of 3 nights off which is almost unheard of with the NHL playoffs. I am not saying it hasn't happened or won't happen but they say "All dates subject to change" for a reason.

Wouldn't it just be 2 nights off?
  • Options

PJNB said:

Wouldn't it just be 2 nights off?
    Not if there last game played was on the 29th of April. There really is a lot of things that need to align for this to even be a problem. Hopefully luck is on your guy's side.
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,439
    Philly gets 1 point on the overtime loss, Boston WINS moving them into the current slot for the ild card. Two games left for Philly against playoff opponents. Either way this is good news for those of us concerned about Philly shows
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Good news... the Rangers have dropped to 5th in the conference making it less likely they will start the second round at home (sorry Rangers fans :))
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,880

Good news... the Rangers have dropped to 5th in the conference making it less likely they will start the second round at home (sorry Rangers fans :))

Islanders say you're welcome
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,424
    Rangers are 4th in the conference.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903
    I guess this is why a third show at MSG never came to be.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    elenelen Milan, Italy Posts: 188
    igotid88 said:

Rangers are 4th in the conference.

Sorry for my complete hockey ignorance, but what does this mean? There is still a chance that one of the two MSG concerts should be postponed (or moved up)?
    2006: Verona, Milano, Honolulu
    2007: London
    2014: Milano
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway1, Fenway2, Wrigley1, Wrigley2
    2018: London1, Milano, Padova, Roma
  • Options
    MonkeyDan72MonkeyDan72 Posts: 676

Penguin Power!
  • Options
    There is chance that the New York shows are going to be affected. First hope that New York loses to Pittsburgh then it will not matter at all. If that does not pan out hope that both Florida and Washington win there first round series. That way New York will host game 3 and 4 which I believe will be past the shows dates.

On the bright side the Philly shows are safe.
  • Options
    Penguins might be playing a 3rd string goalie... dang it.
  • Options
    PJ pulls a Garth and plays two shows in one day....6 hours in a row...that would be epic shit their!!!
    6/27/06 St. Paul**MN
    11/16/13 OKC**OK
    10/09/14 Lincoln**NE
    10/19/14 St. Paul**MN
    5/02/16 NYC**MSG #2
    8/20/16 Chicago**IL Wrigley #1
    8/13/18 Missoula**MT WA-Grizz Stadium 
    8/18/18 Chicago**IL Wrigley #1 
    4/2/20 Nashville**TN 
    4/4/20 St. Louis**MO 

• Options
    PJNB said:

There is chance that the New York shows are going to be affected. First hope that New York loses to Pittsburgh then it will not matter at all. If that does not pan out hope that both Florida and Washington win there first round series. That way New York will host game 3 and 4 which I believe will be past the shows dates.

On the bright side the Philly shows are safe.

Thanks.
    The "All dates are subject to change" thing has scared me from the beginning so we planned to arrive in NY on April 30 and leave on May 4.
    I hope we could make it...
  • Options
    The NHL now does a fixed bracket in the playoffs so the Rangers would play the winner of the Washington/Philly series in Round 2. The Florida series is meaningless. Therefore... go Capitals !!!!
  • Options
    JSBachJSBach Posts: 108
    When we can expect some clarity about the NYC dates and whether the NHL playoff is gonna affect them? (i would expect, only may 1st date, right?)

LK
    Sift everything, hold on to what is good!
  • Options
    Black1991Black1991 Posts: 119
    Hey guys... I'm a die hard NY Rangers fan, I live on Long Island just outside the city and I will be at both MSG shows. The first round of the nhl playoffs is set, the rangers play the penguins and start on the road. The series opens wed 4/13 and ends with a possible game 7 wed 4/27. The second round of the playoffs will not start until every series is finished in both conferences, there will certainly be some game 7s so the second round won't begin until the earliest 4/28 but more likely 4/29 or 4/30. If the Rangers advance (and they will advance) they will play the winner of the Washington and Philly series, the only way the MSG shows might be moved is if the Rangers play Philly cause games 1 and 2 will be in NY however even than the nhl can still schedule around the concerts. Since the pearl jam shows are two days back to back it will be hard for the league and the garden to move the concerts and will be easier to schedule around the concerts. One last note..... There's basically a 99.9% chance that Washington will beat Philly and the Rangers will start games 1 and 2 in Washington and we won't have anything to worry about. Go Rangers!!!!! Hope this helps with all the people that made travel plans to NY.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Black1991 said:

Hey guys... I'm a die hard NY Rangers fan, I live on Long Island just outside the city and I will be at both MSG shows. The first round of the nhl playoffs is set, the rangers play the penguins and start on the road. The series opens wed 4/13 and ends with a possible game 7 wed 4/27. The second round of the playoffs will not start until every series is finished in both conferences, there will certainly be some game 7s so the second round won't begin until the earliest 4/28 but more likely 4/29 or 4/30. If the Rangers advance (and they will advance) they will play the winner of the Washington and Philly series, the only way the MSG shows might be moved is if the Rangers play Philly cause games 1 and 2 will be in NY however even than the nhl can still schedule around the concerts. Since the pearl jam shows are two days back to back it will be hard for the league and the garden to move the concerts and will be easier to schedule around the concerts. One last note..... There's basically a 99.9% chance that Washington will beat Philly and the Rangers will start games 1 and 2 in Washington and we won't have anything to worry about. Go Rangers!!!!! Hope this helps with all the people that made travel plans to NY.

Worse case scenario is Philly/New York both win and the series starts on the 29th. If that happens they will have 3 nights off between the 1st and 2nd game because of the concert which I would imagine is not ideal for the NHL.

Edit: They could also play the 29th and 30th in this scenario.
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,495
    Aren't all shows everywhere always subject to change?

Also these shows won't be moved.
    Id be shocked
  • Options

Aren't all shows everywhere always subject to change?

Also these shows won't be moved.
    Id be shocked

All other recent PJ tour announcements did not have that disclaimer, so I'm still worried...
  • Options
    rvapetervapete Posts: 488
    edited April 2016

NHL Playoffs are scheduled to begin April 13. First round should be over April 26th. Lets just hope that if the Flyers win Round 1, they will start Round 2 away. If the Rangers win Round 1, hope they are home to begin Round 2. If they both lose round 1 there are no worries, even if the series goes 7 games.

^^^^Hope that made sense

Philly has to as the 8 seed. 1st 2 games of any series are away as they can't play a lower seed. Toronto is the worst team in hockey and had no chance. MSG I have no idea on but you would think since the Knicks will be done they can work around it.
    Post edited by rvapete on
  • Options
    It is HIGHLY likely that Washington will beat Philly making this no longer a concern.
  • Options
    kmac1976kmac1976 Posts: 84
    SERIES UPDATE:
    PJ at MSG 1, Rangers 0.

• Options
    edited April 2016

Philly is safe no matter what. A lot needs to happen for NY to be in jeopardy.
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    kmac1976 said:

SERIES UPDATE:
    PJ at MSG 1, Rangers 0.

ugh, my Rangers will win...I hope. lol
    NYPJ
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    On Mike and Mike they were talking about if the Cavs v Pistons series goes 5 games they will bump a bieber concert that is scheduled. NBA has a rule all playoff games take precedence over any other events. Curious if the NHL has this rule.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    KC138045 said:

On Mike and Mike they were talking about if the Cavs v Pistons series goes 5 games they will bump a bieber concert that is scheduled. NBA has a rule all playoff games take precedence over any other events. Curious if the NHL has this rule.

whereseric.com/eric-clapton-news/303-clapton-concert-may-2-moves-may-3-due-ny-rangers-playoffs
    Clapton got bumped a day last year at MSG for a Rangers playoff game. If the stars align and the Rangers are to a host a game that should fall on one of the two dates then my guess is that the show will be bumped up a day or two depending on which date it is.
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    I'm pretty sure it would have to be a mutual decision. I don't think the NHL can just unilaterally declare that a playoff game supersedes any previously-scheduled events at the arena in question.

Of course, it's entirely possible that PJ's contract with MSG has an provision for being bumped to allow for Rangers (and Knicks :giggle::get_outta_here:) playoff games.
  • Options
    More good news as the Caps win Game 1 vs. the Flyers. As long as the Caps win their series the Rangers would likely not be hosting any games during May 1-2.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    Blues this year guys, sorry!
    www.cluthelee.com