any chance eddie plays black solo????

Black1991Black1991 Posts: 119
edited July 2008 in The Porch
what do u think??
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    imo no, but I would love it, I just don't know how he could pull it off, what would he do in the long pauses?
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    I think... No. Black requires a certain atmosphere, and I dont think a "sit down" event like Ed solo, will have that. Doubt Ed would do it... but who knows.
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.
  • Options
    wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,409
    No.

Because it's not his song. I don't believe he's ever played a PJ song solo that he didn't write the music for, and he probably never will. Plus he doesn't even play on it.

So no.
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    irieinindy wrote:
    imo no, but I would love it, I just don't know how he could pull it off, what would he do in the long pauses?

If I can play it for my friends on my acoustic....Eddie can. :) But I agree with the poster that said he won't play it because he didn't write it.
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    If I can play it for my friends on my acoustic....Eddie can. :) But I agree with the poster that said he won't play it because he didn't write it.

I would like to see that.
    I think Black could be pulled of acoustically with Mike backing up, but not with Eddie playing.
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    irieinindy wrote:
    I would like to see that.
    I think Black could be pulled of acoustically with Mike backing up, but not with Eddie playing.

It's a lot easier then you think it is. Just some basic chords and strumming....you'd forget all about the soloing with Ed's vocals....wouldn't even think twice about em. I don't have any video's on youtube but if you look up Black cover....you'll see a ton of people pulling it off.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    No.

Because it's not his song. I don't believe he's ever played a PJ song solo that he didn't write the music for, and he probably never will. Plus he doesn't even play on it.

So no.

What he said.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,519
    there's a chance............one in a billion :p!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    If Aaron Lewis can do a solo, acoustic version of "Black" then I think Eddie could as well.
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    irieinindy wrote:

He could do it easily. I saw him twice in the Bay Area...and he is very skilled at improvising with his quick rhythum hand. For instance...I am Mine is lacking nothing... except a blistering Mike solo...even then it's hardly missed.

The only problem is...Ed only has been doing Pearl Jam songs that he wrote both the music and lyrics.

I don't think it will happen.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"