Options

Listening to Hunger Strike...

CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
edited February 2008 in The Porch
...gives me the Fucking Chills! Especially Loud.

Who would have thought a small handfull of lyrics could be so powerfull and special!
"Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I was just listening to the Berlin 1996 show where Pearl Jam did "just a sample" of Hunger Strike... the crowd went absolutely bonkers. I know PJ did it another time with that woman from Sleater Kinney, but I preferred the Berlin show performance. If there are other instances of PJ playing Hunger Strike, I'd love to know.
  • Options
    supernova9 wrote:
    I was just listening to the Berlin 1996 show where Pearl Jam did "just a sample" of Hunger Strike... the crowd went absolutely bonkers. I know PJ did it another time with that woman from Sleater Kinney, but I preferred the Berlin show performance. If there are other instances of PJ playing Hunger Strike, I'd love to know.

They really need to pull this one out more often. Chris or no chris.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    I saw Chris do it solo a couple months ago... it was good, but just not the same without Eddie in there... but I would definitely NOT mind hearing Ed do it solo too!!! Especially with his upcoming solo mini-tour!
    Edmonton ~ September 2005 (Thanks for the tambourine Eddie!!!)
    Gorge ~ July 22, 2006
    Gorge ~ July 23, 2006
    EV ~ Vancouver, April 2, 2008
    EV ~ Vancouver, April 3, 2008
    Calgary ~ August 8, 2009
    Calgary ~ September 21, 2011
    Edmonton ~ September 23, 2011 ... and hopefully more soon!
  • Options
    I saw Chris do it solo a couple months ago... it was good, but just not the same without Eddie in there... but I would definitely NOT mind hearing Ed do it solo too!!! Especially with his upcoming solo mini-tour!

Yeah... I watched that version on youtube. Ed doing it on his solo tour...hmmm...very interesting.

Wouldn't it be cool to have a Chris appearance at one of the socal shows?...and they sing it together.

One can only hope.
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Love Vedder's voice obviously but he can't really handle Chris' part. It's just a matter of range. Don't get up and arms about it.

I do agree, without the high notes it doesn't have quite the same effect. It would be nice to hear Chris perform it with PJ again though, especially cause his voice is in such great shape these days.