Fell in love with a girl from Germany...

SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Posts: 3,371
edited March 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
...and she went home on Sunday.

We met four years ago while I was visiting some friends in Germany. I didn't believe in love at first sight until that day. We both knew it then but did nothing about it.

After about four years she finally came here (WA) to visit for a couple months. We lasted about a week trying to play it safe and be friends. We spent two awesome months living together and now she's gone. She had to go back for school. I don't know what is gonna happen when she's done with school but that's 2 years away. I wont see her again until January when I go back to Germany.

Sorry I'm just bore and lonely and venting.
"Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
-my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    So she got to see Just Breathe played for the first time...

going to be the longest 2 years of your life, but it will be worth the wait.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    It will be worth the wait, for sure.

My girlfriend and I have known each other for about 4 years, and we're going on 3 together in January. I lived in Utah, she lived in Georgia. Met on myspace, I flew out to see an Incubus concert with her, we spent the week together and I felt the same way. Never believed in love at first sight, but I was sold on her.

We were long distance for 5 months before we first lived together for a bit, but my sister died, and I moved back home a little after that because I just needed to be around my family to fully recover. Georgia was just too far, and a visit wouldn't do. She understood. We stayed together long distance for a year after that, and then she moved to Utah last October, she's been here since and we're happier and doing better than ever.

Best of luck to you, hang in there and if it's worth it to you, the pay off will the best thing you've ever waited for. :thumbup: :D
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    nothing but the best of luck to you two. it will be a long wait, but will definitely be worth it. how long are you going to be out in germany in january? save the pennies and get out there as much as you can.

just think, if you can overcome this, you can overcome ANYTHING. good luck man!
  • So she got to see Just Breathe played for the first time...

going to be the longest 2 years of your life, but it will be worth the wait.

Just Breathe is her favorite PJ song.

Unfortunately she didn't go the Seattle shows because she had a ticket for the portland show and didn't think they'd be worth seeing more than once...she realizes her error in judgment now.

Serious everyone, THANK YOU. I was starting to feel like it was crazy for us to try this.
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    The best of luck to the both of you... :)
    Another PJ Love Story... awwwwwwwwww ;):mrgreen:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,200
    So.......

Apparently Germany chicks don't think wearing a Star Wars shirt makes you an uber geek?

I just might need to find me a German chick!

*Note, I do not actually own a Star Wars shirt, but I am kind of a nerd! :lol:
  • be careful. i hear they like to poo on each other over there.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • I've been to Germany a few times and loved it there everytime. Good for you and I hope the best for you both. :)
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    All good things come to those who wait...
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    So.......

Apparently Germany chicks don't think wearing a Star Wars shirt makes you an uber geek?

bwahahaha

only uppity girls think starwars isnt cool. unless of course you sleep in a bed shaped like lukes landspeeder.. then my friend... youre on your own. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Posts: 3,371
    edited October 2009
    Post edited by SomethingCreative on
    long red wrote:
    be careful. i hear they like to poo on each other over there.

lol thanks for the heads up but how do you know I'm not into that??? :shock: :o;);););)

ps: for anyone that is truly touched by this story...I am now taking donations to fund my trip to Germany :lol:

oh guys... guys.. that is just nasty... even im blushing. :oops:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    So.......

bwahahaha

only uppity girls think starwars isnt cool. unless of course you sleep in a bed shaped like lukes landspeeder.. then my friend... youre on your own. ;)8-)

Hehehe,

No, I do not sleep in a bed like that! And when I said that I'm kind of a nerd, I wasn't saying specifically that I'm all about Star Wars. In fact, I'm a little tired of Star Wars, but I have other nerdy qualities about me. But I'll never tell! :lol:
    ps: for anyone that is truly touched by this story...I am now taking donations to fund my trip to Germany :lol:

seriously though. :mrgreen:

I would consider it, but based on your avatar, I am afraid that you'd spend the money on hard drugs/booze and ultimately pass out on the grass somewhere..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    So.......

bwahahaha

Hehehe,

No, I do not sleep in a bed like that! And when I said that I'm kind of a nerd, I wasn't saying specifically that I'm all about Star Wars. In fact, I'm a little tired of Star Wars, but I have other nerdy qualities about me. But I'll never tell! :lol:

WHAT!?? how can anyone be tired of starwars. dont tell me you didnt pace yourself knowing it was eternal??? what you need to do is get some action figures and other dolls and act out your own starwars episodes... what??... you mean its already been done?? ... how?? ...by whom??... a robot what??... where???.. in a galaxy not far enough away?? oh okay... 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Thorns2010 wrote:

Hehehe,

WHAT!?? how can anyone be tired of starwars. dont tell me you didnt pace yourself knowing it was eternal??? what you need to do is get some action figures and other dolls and act out your own starwars episodes... what??... you mean its already been done?? ... how?? ...by whom??... a robot what??... where???.. in a galaxy not far enough away?? oh okay... 8-)

Gave up on the Star Wars action figures, granted I never had that many to begin with, and I still do have a very, very modest (IE 6-7 figures) Boba Fett collection! :mrgreen:

I am actually just now starting to get back into the EU (Expanded Universe) novels though....so maybe I'll be back.

Anyway.....that is enough about me, we should now get back to the disturbing shista talk.............. ewwwwwwwwwww
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    Thorns2010 wrote:

Hehehe,

Gave up on the Star Wars action figures, granted I never had that many to begin with, and I still do have a very, very modest (IE 6-7 figures) Boba Fett collection! :mrgreen:

I am actually just now starting to get back into the EU (Expanded Universe) novels though....so maybe I'll be back.

Anyway.....that is enough about me, we should now get back to the disturbing shista talk.............. ewwwwwwwwwww

yes ewwwwwwww gross :shock:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Holy shit, talk about thread derailment ;) ..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:
    Holy shit, talk about thread derailment ;) ..

You can only blame me like....just a little bit! It's mostly long red's fault!! heheheheheehehe

But yes, anyway to the OP, like has been said good things come to those who wait! Good luck!
  • The Champ wrote:

seriously though. :mrgreen:

I would consider it, but based on your avatar, I am afraid that you'd spend the money on hard drugs/booze and ultimately pass out on the grass somewhere..

yeah...BONNAROO!!!!
  • OffHeGoes29OffHeGoes29 Posts: 1,240
    I was in love with a German woman when I was stationed there. She told me she didn't have the same feelings for me, so I drowned my sorrows in bottles of Bitburger and dry humped a large Russian woman in a potato field in November, it was cold...and I was muddy....and the large Russian woman left with her friends and I stumbled back home...... :cry:

Oh to be 20 again..... 8-)
    BRING BACK THE WHALE
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    I know someone who fell in love with a girl from Germany.

Now they're married here and procreating ;)

And they're on this board! :)

Don't worry, the wait will be hard ("will drive you mad!") but when you get to see her again, it'll be 1009320843209843 times better... My best friend's boyfriend goes to school for 4 or 5 months at a time, far away from home, its so hard for her but in the end always worth it :) and with technology these days the world is a small place! At least you don't have to send a telegram!!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • I was in love with a German woman when I was stationed there. She told me she didn't have the same feelings for me, so I drowned my sorrows in bottles of Bitburger and dry humped a large Russian woman in a potato field in November, it was cold...and I was muddy....and the large Russian woman left with her friends and I stumbled back home...... :cry:

Oh to be 20 again..... 8-)
    :mrgreen:
    NERDS!
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    So.......

bwahahaha

Where can one find this bed?

:P
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    awwwwwwww...beautiful post!
    and you two make a lovely couple. it IS hard, very hard...but it's doable if youboth want it. back in my single days i used to date an english guy who lived in bermuda. definitely closer than germany, but still a trip. we saw each other every 2-3 months. ultimately we didn't last, but not b/c of distance. thing is, if you want it...you can work it out. and hey, time flies...january is right around the corner! i truly feel for you and your girl. wish you the best. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Enough Star Wars ....back to the thread :lol:

Believe me you can both do this if your love is true.

I met my boy almost two years ago.He's in Canada I'm in Scotland.He spent some time here and went home in July.It was awful when he left but it allowed us to make permenant decisions about the rest of our lifes.
    I leave for Canada in four weeks time and will be there for six months.I plan to immigrate.

You can do this with the help of Skype,email,msn etc .... and an old fashioned way but so great letters by post!We randonly write to each other and when a letter arrives unannounced it's very sweet.

If this is right for you both it will work out ..... stay positive and good luck.Great pix ... even with S.W tee :lol:
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
    Rygar wrote:
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    So.......

bwahahaha

Where can one find this bed?

:P

im the distributor for this quadrant of the galaxy. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • stargirl69 wrote:

I met my boy almost two years ago.He's in Canada I'm in Scotland.He spent some time here and went home in July.It was awful when he left but it allowed us to make permenant decisions about the rest of our lifes.
    I leave for Canada in four weeks time and will be there for six months.I plan to immigrate.

You can do this with the help of Skype,email,msn etc .... and an old fashioned way but so great letters by post!We randonly write to each other and when a letter arrives unannounced it's very sweet.

If this is right for you both it will work out ..... stay positive and good luck.Great pix ... even with S.W tee :lol:

The Star Wars Tee and Pearl Jam shows are the way I find out if I got the right girl :lol: .

Seriously everyone thank you for the encouragement. As I said before I felt crazy but you've all helped me so much with your comments...even the violently off topic ones
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    stargirl69 wrote:

The Star Wars Tee and Pearl Jam shows are the way I find out if I got the right girl :lol: .

Seriously everyone thank you for the encouragement. As I said before I felt crazy but you've all helped me so much with your comments...even the violently off topic ones

That is fantastic :);) :P ..... it is funny the things that tell you their the right one.Mines was my boy owns a 5000 music collection and he loves cheesecake :lol:
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    I know what You feel.
    I hope You will be happy soon. January is not so far...
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl