Options

Vivid Nightmare about Pearl Jam. (MSG Night 1 sucked! Night 2 cancelled!)

over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
edited March 2008 in The Porch
So there I was. Asleep. And inside my head played out a horror. My giddy self attended Pearl Jam at Madison Square Garden and I couldn't have been more excited. I scored 5th row tickets and sat waiting for the band to come on stage. But I noticed something odd. About 16 people were there! The upper sections had absolutely no one and I was sitting next to my girlfriend (who hates Pearl Jam) and she said to me "see, I told you no one likes them anymore."

The boys come out on stage to a few applauses and I was hoping that the music would take me away from the lack of buzz surrounding the pre-show. They open with a lackluster Daughter, and throughout the set my dream alters between me there and me watching the concert on TV. Ed comes out for an Encore and plays a solo Dead Man where he forgets the words (Ok, that may be more of a reality) and I tried to yell out the words to him. He didn't hear me. After a slow jam between an obvious bloating Jeff Ament and Mike McCready, Stone gets on the mic and says that they will be leaving town early and Night 2 will not take place "as if any of you care."

I then woke up. Strange.
Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I had a strange dream about them the other night, too. Someone I know with whom I've always had a rather one-sided tumultuous relationship, was insisting he could get seats in the fourth row at the show, he knew a guy. So I said okay, and I had to give him my tickets so he could get them upgraded (as if), and when he came back he had no tickets, none at all, and no recollection of what I was talking about.

Weird...
    Stop following me, I do not know where I am going.