Lottery Odds/Stats

2»

Comments

• 1 for 3... Portland, 10th row, dead center in front of Eddie! So excited to be that close! #384xxx
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    So far I've been lucky enough to win the lottery 2x with my last 5 10c tickets :shock: (381xxx). 1st row in Tampa last year & 10th row at the Gibson which I traded for 2 tickets for night 2 because I was sitting 4th row :mrgreen: ! Thank you, jedi-son 8-) . They were sitting 6 rows right behind us & I had another great evening seeing PJ Again :P
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    0 for 12 over here...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    I probably should keep out of this thread.. :oops:
    Evolver wrote:
    Just want to throw this out there, only for the sake of hearing some reactions (and by reactions, I mean OTHER than the bitching of those who have already won the lottery, especially more than once)...

How would you guys feel about the idea of using this same lottery system, except that each member can only win a 1-2/9-10 ticket lottery once on a given tour. The goal here is that it would very much increase the odds (and this is an unarguable fact) of every member ending up in one of those rows at least once on a tour, rather than have some people hitting it several times while others keep coming up goose eggs time after time. I know I would be MORE than happy just ending up in ANY of those rows just once and would gladly give up a second chance for someone who has yet to land them. ;)

Thoughts??
    I agree on principle, but I guess it's too complicated for 10c... they'd have to not just random each show but take into account EVERYONE that has attended before.. logistical nightmare.

to be pointed out is that it seems a 9/10 lottery win for low numbers might actually be a loss..
    it's not supposed to be but it seems to happen (my number isn't low enough for that, but people I know seem to have been caught in that).

Also in Vancouver there seems not to have been a 9-10 lottery (I got 10th but everyone on touringfan in the same range did), and SLC probably not either as everyone fitted in those 10 rows!

there's also circumstantial evidence that this year, the front row was weighted towards locals (which I think is cool)... might just be a coincidence though.
  • I have not been able to find a straight answer. Is all 1,2,9,10 rows lottery seats or are there only 2 on each row?
    A real possibility I may meet you in my dreams ~ I go to sleep
  • chittychitty Posts: 609
    416XXX 1-2, Front row center Vancouver. Row 33 Floor (crap seats) seattle 2. What a difference! Thank you 10c
    I have not been able to find a straight answer. Is all 1,2,9,10 rows lottery seats or are there only 2 on each row?
    the whole rows.
  • help me understand what the lottery is.

ok I live in the UK and we get two show every 2-3 years..but we didn't have this lottery system ,well I don't think so..yes I understand the UK is alot smaller not the demand you have..but when I went to the 02 show this year 10c fans from all over Europe had a area to wait to get into the show first..All standing in front of stag.Do you not have a standing area in most of the shows at the front.AS most of you are talking about seat numbers. All seating is around the outside of the arena.you could of bought seated if you liked from 10c.

All I can add , I got my 10c ticket before non club people and was let in before as well ,to allow us the best standing place we could get. The hottest and hardest place ive be in 10 years everyone else pushing.IT was hell ,it was wet with sweat ,it was crazy and above all it was great..I think the 10c did all they could for us.
  • luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    0-6 last tour
    0-2 so far this tour
    but my hopes are high for the last two philly shows
    it could happen :D
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    0 for 3

0 for 5 if you count EV and Europe.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • I hit it in SLC and well some of you know the rest of the story. :( :x thanks again US Airways for that wonderful delay.
  • EvolverEvolver Posts: 525
    Pegasus wrote:
    I probably should keep out of this thread.. :oops:
    Evolver wrote:
    Just want to throw this out there, only for the sake of hearing some reactions (and by reactions, I mean OTHER than the bitching of those who have already won the lottery, especially more than once)...

How would you guys feel about the idea of using this same lottery system, except that each member can only win a 1-2/9-10 ticket lottery once on a given tour. The goal here is that it would very much increase the odds (and this is an unarguable fact) of every member ending up in one of those rows at least once on a tour, rather than have some people hitting it several times while others keep coming up goose eggs time after time. I know I would be MORE than happy just ending up in ANY of those rows just once and would gladly give up a second chance for someone who has yet to land them. ;)

Thoughts??
    I agree on principle, but I guess it's too complicated for 10c... they'd have to not just random each show but take into account EVERYONE that has attended before.. logistical nightmare.

to be pointed out is that it seems a 9/10 lottery win for low numbers might actually be a loss..
    it's not supposed to be but it seems to happen (my number isn't low enough for that, but people I know seem to have been caught in that).

Also in Vancouver there seems not to have been a 9-10 lottery (I got 10th but everyone on touringfan in the same range did), and SLC probably not either as everyone fitted in those 10 rows!

there's also circumstantial evidence that this year, the front row was weighted towards locals (which I think is cool)... might just be a coincidence though.

Agreed, this would be a logistical nightmare for the 10C, a much more complicated endeavor than the current plan. Which is probably the only reason they aren't doing it.

In regards to your 9/10 win for low # people, I specifically recall that 10C said this would NOT happen, and if it did, those people would have a right to raise holy hell with 10C. At any rate, hopefully this wasn't the case for those people.

And I know I have heard rumors of the local thing happening for the first/second rows, but have not read anything about any "circumstantial evidence". What kind of evidence is there or what have you heard/seen?
  • Another question that may have been answered in the past: Are there ever any low numbered people getting the first 2 rows? My TC number is 72xxx and I've never sat front row. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bitching about the amazing seats I've gotten in the past, but I wonder if the "lottery" starts at a certain number and goes from there...
    Irvine 92,Indio 93,San Fran 95,San Diego 95x2,San Diego 98,LA 98x2,San Diego 00,San Bern 00,Irvine 03,San Diego 03,Las Vegas 03,Santa Barbara 03,Vancouver 05,LA 06x2,Santa Barbara 06,Cincy 06,Leeds 06,Reading 06,Portland 09,LA 09x3,San Diego 09,NYC 10x2, PHX 13, SD 13, LAx2 13, Cincy 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Dana Point 21x2, Vegas 24
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Another question that may have been answered in the past: Are there ever any low numbered people getting the first 2 rows? My TC number is 72xxx and I've never sat front row. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bitching about the amazing seats I've gotten in the past, but I wonder if the "lottery" starts at a certain number and goes from there...

everyone is eligible for the lottery
  • 0-25

Although I did get 6th row center for EV solo in Newark, NJ. Does that count?
    DC-9/24/96
    Philly-8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/3/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16
    Jones Beach-8/25/00
    PSU-5/3/03
    Irvine-6/2/03
    San Diego-6/5/03
    Hershey-7/12/03
    Reading-10/1/04
    The Gorge-9/1/05
    Vancouver-9/2/05
    AC-9/30/05
    E. Rutherford, NJ-6/1/06,6/3/06
    Bonnaroo-6/14/08
    VA Beach-6/17/08
    MSG-5/20/10,5/21/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
  • Pegasus wrote:
    I have not been able to find a straight answer. Is all 1,2,9,10 rows lottery seats or are there only 2 on each row?
    the whole rows.
    Thank you!
    A real possibility I may meet you in my dreams ~ I go to sleep
  • RS49442RS49442 Posts: 29
    I'm 1 - 1......I've been a member since 1998, but LA 1 was the first show I went to that had the lottery. I can only afford 1 show a tour(unfortunately), although I may scrounge for a ticket for tonight. I got what was technically row 9, but it is the first row of the Orch at Gibson and I was on Mike's side with 0 seats in front of us....and got one of the about 200 pics Mike lauches into the crowd each night.

I'm also a lucky bastard when it comes to things like this, I also got 2 seats not next to each other in 2003 from the fan club (didn't check my tix until we were inside), and the security head rocked, to make up for it he put us in the pit 1/2 way through the show
  • CardinalCardinal Posts: 479
    My very first 10C seats were at Ed Albany 2009....we won the lottery and had 4th row centre.

My 10C number is 42X XXX

Im 1-2
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Toronto Aug 9, 2008
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Albany NY June 9, 2009
    Pearl Jam Toronto Aug 21, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 23, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 24, 2009
    Pearl Jam Buffalo May 10, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG1 May 20, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG2 May 21, 2010
    Go Cards Go!
  • CardinalCardinal Posts: 479
    Kanye East wrote:
    0-25

Although I did get 6th row center for EV solo in Newark, NJ. Does that count?
    It does because on the PJ shows they have been certain rows for winners....Ed Solo was all sorts of rows up front.
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Toronto Aug 9, 2008
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Albany NY June 9, 2009
    Pearl Jam Toronto Aug 21, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 23, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 24, 2009
    Pearl Jam Buffalo May 10, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG1 May 20, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG2 May 21, 2010
    Go Cards Go!
  • good luck this week everyone!
  • I am 0 for 6

0 for8 if you count EV solos
    help me understand what the lottery is.

ok I live in the UK and we get two show every 2-3 years..but we didn't have this lottery system ,well I don't think so..yes I understand the UK is alot smaller not the demand you have..but when I went to the 02 show this year 10c fans from all over Europe had a area to wait to get into the show first..All standing in front of stag.Do you not have a standing area in most of the shows at the front.AS most of you are talking about seat numbers. All seating is around the outside of the arena.you could of bought seated if you liked from 10c.

All I can add , I got my 10c ticket before non club people and was let in before as well ,to allow us the best standing place we could get. The hottest and hardest place ive be in 10 years everyone else pushing.IT was hell ,it was wet with sweat ,it was crazy and above all it was great..I think the 10c did all they could for us.
    PJ (and most bands) shows in the US are ALL seated including the floor...only club shows seem to be GA.
    So we don't need the lottery in Europe, we make our own luck ;)
  • I'm 0 for 3. :cry:
    " Things were different then, all is different now "

Seattle 09-16-96, Vancouver 07-19-98, Seattle 11-05-00, Seattle 12-09-02, Vancouver 05-30-03, Vancouver 09-02-05, Gorge 07-23-06, Seattle 09-21-09, Seattle 09-22-09, Vancouver 09-25-09
  • 0 for 40 for front row in 18 years - I know, why bother to dream, yet I still do. :oops:
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.