My rankings of every Pearl Jam song... >_>

2»

Comments

• I can't even imagine putting every PJ song in some sort of order!! Kudos, dude! Who cares if no one agrees, it is opinion after all...
    Some people have drugs... I have Pearl Jam.

www.facebook.com/pearlgirlstudio
    Twitter: @pearlgirlstudio
  • I use to have a really good account on GFaqs when i was younger, over 1200 karma and everything. Then my brother logged in one day and wrote shit about penises and vaginas and they banned the account. Little fucker.
  • CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    Good work man! I don't agree with half of it...but thanks for taking the time to do it...it was a great read.

I saw a few factual errors...but I can appreciate how much time you had to invest.

BTW...Even Flow got jobbed!
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Strangest Tribe sez.."thank you for placing me so high on your list...."
    the Minions
  • satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    off he goes # 2 huh? I commend your efforts. personnaly, I think Wash got jipped..
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • PJamGrunge10PJamGrunge10 California Posts: 594
    I didn't know GameFaqs had a music board :p

But I will have to disagree with you because Alive is not #1!
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • over_bends wrote:
    Opinions. Serious Business.

I know
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,539
    Interesting list. Agree with alot!

Im impressed you managed to write it out and rank all the songs. A bit disappointed to see Habit as 124.... That song on No Code is killer! The outro is insane!

PS. You should hear brother with lyrics!
    I will swallow poison
  • Love - True Love- Forever Lasting Love
    From the CD TEN 1991, these lyrics, words verses are what makes you think about love, and or/ how LOVE makes you feel regardless of what or who you are in LOVE with... I'm working on all the other LP's...Completed TEN....

you think i have my eyes closed..
    i'm looking at you the whole fucking time...
    i could love you...
    I'm still ALIVE....
    I'm so Alive....
    she says i'm ready....for YOU...
    she said...
    i will walk with my....
    hands bound..
    my face blood...
    into your garden...
    she seems to be stronger..
    glide me towards you...
    to dream of....
    hold tight the ring...
    please stand by the shore...
    when he's happy...
    Evenflow...
    got a great view...
    revolved around her soul...
    as the earth to the sun....
    take a walk outside...
    i am...
    all i will be...
    this could be my time...
    how bout you?
    this could be the day....
    hold my hand..
    walk beside me...
    i just need to say...
    hold you..
    fell you..
    at home..
    clearly i remember..
    i see the world..
    i see the birds in the rain....
    i am myself....like you somehow...
    i'll ride the wave...
    for you....
    speak to me...
    i'll open up.....
    christmas clean love...
    young virgin from heaven...
    Listened since day one when "Ten" was released in 1991...and haven't stopped....
    www.mymobileupload.com
    Cleveland 94
    Cleveland 06'
    The Vic in Chicago 07'
  • 10 - Plush (Ten)

What is there to say about this song? At first, this is probably Ed's greatest vocal performance bar none. It's a lot different than his other Ten vocal performancs but this one is so unique and that's why I love! AND I FEEL IT!! I feel that emotion Ed. You really know how to write. When the dog begin to smell her!? YEAAA!! And just listen to it. That's a classic Stone Gossard riff right there. It's amazing how he could do so much with that style yet still keep it fresh. AND I FEEL IT!! Man... that line is so deep and meaningful I just had to shout it again. DOGS DOGS!! YEA!! It's weird though. I've never heard this song played live. Makes you wonder why they are keeping this in the vault...
    ---

WTF???????
    Arms wide open with the sea as my floor.
  • HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Sorry, but I have to disagree with most of that
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • jsk175jsk175 Posts: 70
    gvn2fly12 wrote:
    10 - Plush (Ten)

What is there to say about this song? At first, this is probably Ed's greatest vocal performance bar none. It's a lot different than his other Ten vocal performancs but this one is so unique and that's why I love! AND I FEEL IT!! I feel that emotion Ed. You really know how to write. When the dog begin to smell her!? YEAAA!! And just listen to it. That's a classic Stone Gossard riff right there. It's amazing how he could do so much with that style yet still keep it fresh. AND I FEEL IT!! Man... that line is so deep and meaningful I just had to shout it again. DOGS DOGS!! YEA!! It's weird though. I've never heard this song played live. Makes you wonder why they are keeping this in the vault...
    ---

WTF???????

Nice list of course I dont agree, but different strokes for different folkes. and by the way I loved the whole Plush thing, It caught me off gaurd at first but once I realized it was a joke I thought it was pretty funny
  • nkobiknkobik Posts: 55
    79 - Unemployable (Pearl Jam)

Something about this song seems ssoooooo familiar. Like ripped off familiar. But until I can figure it out, I can only credit it to Pearl Jam and give it this good a ranking because it really is a fine tune.

That's what i was thinking from the first note i heard in this song... and guess what - i figured it out :

BORN IN THE U.S.A !!! the verse is almost an exact copy !
  • That was great, i agree with a lot of the the list, loved the top 10!
    ...The Moon is Rollin' Round....
  • Nicely done. Curious to know how long it took you.

(Faithful in the top ten, yup)
    "WE'RE UH, WE'RE GONNA DO THIS ONE WHICH IS UH, CERTAINLY NOT A USUAL ONE, AND THEN UH, JUST TAKE A FEW MORE MINUTES, THEN UH, AND THEN WE'RE GONNA DO OUR BEST TO KEEP TOM PETTY AND THE HEARTBREAKERS AWAKE FR..." (cheering at intro)...

--->H2I

(special moment)
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    that was interesting read. i think you're insane, but that was interesting... off he goes...wtf!
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    Thanks so much to everyone who took the time to read this. Good or bad opinion of it or me, just thank you for reading it. It means a lot. And this took me ten days to complete, according to the post times on the site.

Also, what's with the off he goes hate? Seriously now!
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• DananDanan Posts: 94
    One question: Are you a Pearl Jam chick? I'm sensing a feminine touch to some of your rankings.

If not sorry to totally bum you out!
    Wellington 26/2/98
    Melbourne 13/11/06
    Melbourne 14/11/06
    Melbourne 16/11/06
    Seattle 21/9/09
    Seattle 22/9/09
    Auckland 27/11/09
    Christchurch 29/11/09
    Danan wrote:
    One question: Are you a Pearl Jam chick? I'm sensing a feminine touch to some of your rankings.

If not sorry to totally bum you out!

Hahahaha... oh man... that hurts me where it hurts most. :)
    Yield!

• SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    over_bends wrote:
    I actually did this on another board. But please, it'd mean a lot of you'd look through it. It took a lot of work (and free time) to complete this and I'd like to share my work.:)

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=248&topic=39648455

This is what Thanksgiving Break for a college student does to a Pearl Jam fanatic.
    k i checked it out just now.

"74 - Even Flow (Ten)

Ok, here's a rant. My teacher had this on his stereo before class last week. The two girls behind me said "Oh wow, the Guitar Hero song!" I cringed. I wanted to turn around and explain to them how it's not the guitar hero song. How it is one of the most popular songs by one of the most important American bands and has been long before Guitar Hero came out last week. I don't care if it looks like I'm docking it points because of this, because clearly I am. And why the **** do they feel the need to play this to EVERY show!? Why!? Which once again brings me back to the awesomeness that was the Vic show. No Even Flow! Yay! Finally! And why this tour did they need to extend it to about 11 minutes why, and still manage to speed it up by nearly double the speed!? SLOW THE **** DOWN! And why add like three more Mike solos to a song driven by Mike solos! And why add a freaking drum solo? Sorry, Matt, you're a great rhythm guy but you can't solo if you're life depended upon it? It's the quintessential song that people use to show Ed's EERRRRRR voice and that he sounds nonsensical at the same time. But, if I can show so much disdain for a song, why did I even put it this high? Because it's Even Flow. And the song is awesome."

im not exxxactly sure how i feel about this....
    I REALLY dig the fact u were bent about dumb chicks thinking it was just a guitar hero song. You shoulda back handed them! But truly-The Master McCready IS a GUITAR HERO!!! :D
    and i DONT like the 'yay no EVENFLOW' part. Whats THAT about! and complaints of more McCready????? however, i COMPLETELY agree with 'why add a drum solo'!!!!! YES!!! i do NOTTTT dig that AT ALL during the FLOW. Cameron is great but leave the FLOW alone!!!! Thats like adding a BOOM solo in there!!! :eek: and then u end with 'the song is awesome'. You took me for a spin there kid!!!! at least u didnt say it sucks and dont ever play it!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
    SENROCK! wrote:
    k i checked it out just now.

"74 - Even Flow (Ten)

Ok, here's a rant. My teacher had this on his stereo before class last week. The two girls behind me said "Oh wow, the Guitar Hero song!" I cringed. I wanted to turn around and explain to them how it's not the guitar hero song. How it is one of the most popular songs by one of the most important American bands and has been long before Guitar Hero came out last week. I don't care if it looks like I'm docking it points because of this, because clearly I am. And why the **** do they feel the need to play this to EVERY show!? Why!? Which once again brings me back to the awesomeness that was the Vic show. No Even Flow! Yay! Finally! And why this tour did they need to extend it to about 11 minutes why, and still manage to speed it up by nearly double the speed!? SLOW THE **** DOWN! And why add like three more Mike solos to a song driven by Mike solos! And why add a freaking drum solo? Sorry, Matt, you're a great rhythm guy but you can't solo if you're life depended upon it? It's the quintessential song that people use to show Ed's EERRRRRR voice and that he sounds nonsensical at the same time. But, if I can show so much disdain for a song, why did I even put it this high? Because it's Even Flow. And the song is awesome."

im not exxxactly sure how i feel about this....
    I REALLY dig the fact u were bent about dumb chicks thinking it was just a guitar hero song. You shoulda back handed them! But truly-The Master McCready IS a GUITAR HERO!!! :D
    and i DONT like the 'yay no EVENFLOW' part. Whats THAT about! and complaints of more McCready????? however, i COMPLETELY agree with 'why add a drum solo'!!!!! YES!!! i do NOTTTT dig that AT ALL during the FLOW. Cameron is great but leave the FLOW alone!!!! Thats like adding a BOOM solo in there!!! :eek: and then u end with 'the song is awesome'. You took me for a spin there kid!!!! at least u didnt say it sucks and dont ever play it!!!

Ehh, my complaint was how they arrange it live mostly. I'm happy when it's not played live because it's an 8 minute song and I've heard it all before. But, that's just me and I'm sure that they need to play it for the 90% of the audience that actually wants to hear it performed live. Sometimes the solos get too much in that song for me live... The RVM version though is killer. It's perfectly played how the song was supposed.
    Yield!

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    over_bends wrote:
    Ehh, my complaint was how they arrange it live mostly. I'm happy when it's not played live because it's an 8 minute song and I've heard it all before. But, that's just me and I'm sure that they need to play it for the 90% of the audience that actually wants to hear it performed live. Sometimes the solos get too much in that song for me live... The RVM version though is killer. It's perfectly played how the song was supposed.
    im the opposite - i look forward to hearing 8 mins of the FLOW!! Each one is unique IMO...
    over_bends wrote:

yes!!! the WAHHH!!!! version on RVM!!!! alrite i'll give u snaps for THAT one! And i respect how u said 'but thats just me' becuz......i NEED to hear EVENFLOW as much as possible cuz its my FAVORITE song still after all these years! i even have it tattooed!!!! but thats just ME! ;)

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

im the opposite - i look forward to hearing 8 mins of the FLOW!! Each one is unique IMO...

spoken like a true gentleman!!!! :D *smooches*

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    SENROCK! wrote:
    spoken like a true gentleman!!!! :D *smooches*
    :D:D:D And just to give an example, check out the intro from Buffalo '03. Best intro to Evenflow IMO. Mikey's got the Wah pedal pedalling early :)