Options

My friend's husband's base was attacked today.

over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
edited July 2008 in The Porch
He was positioned at the base where 9 American soldiers were killed today and she has not heard from him or from anyone about it yet. Please just drop a prayer or best wishes toward him, and to whatever 9 families will be hearing the horrible news today. Just keep them all in mind... this past day I just couldn't stop thinking, praying, listening to Army Reserve. Just trying to muster up the prayers for him and to all that were lost today.
Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,930
    I'll be sending good vibes. There is usually a communications lock-down when something happens. Thoughts and prayers to family and friends.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    over_bends wrote:
    He was positioned at the base where 9 American soldiers were killed today and she has not heard from him or from anyone about it yet. Please just drop a prayer or best wishes toward him, and to whatever 9 families will be hearing the horrible news today. Just keep them all in mind... this past day I just couldn't stop thinking, praying, listening to Army Reserve. Just trying to muster up the prayers for him and to all that were lost today.

Oh god that's horrible :(

I hope your friend's husband is ok, will have those 9 families and your friend's family in my thoughts.
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    cookiescookies Posts: 113
    That is sad. I am so glad my Nephew made it out of there. You have my prayers and best of luck to you
    Cookies
    ôjô
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    my prayer will be for you and your husband.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    alias75alias75 Posts: 37
    Of course we will pray for your friend's husband, for only God answer's prayers. There is power in His name. May God be with her and her husband during this difficult time. Please keep us posted as to the outcome, God Bless.
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Thoughts and prayers for your husband and all the troops over there.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    such horrible news.. i am sending good vibes out to everyone...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    Hubmann2513Hubmann2513 Posts: 237
    My thoughts and prayers go out to those families. keep me posted on whats going on if you wouldn't mind. its so sad
  • Options
    jammergirljammergirl Posts: 599
    prayers to you and your family....

my brother was in afghanistan for over a year, it was horrible. everytime something like this would happen we would have to wait sometimes for days until he could call us and let us know everything was okay. god bless all the soldier's families, its' a tough job...
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Very sad. Good thoughts to everyone there. Words escape me.
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    I was at my base for guard drill this weekend....saw that on the Air Force news channel......I have friends over there and a cousin that just got back.....I hope your friends husband is alright.
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,018
    done
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    you have my prayers... ive already lost two friends over there, dont want anyone to have to go through that!
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    Thoughts and prayers sent.

It makes my stomach ache, our local news had a 10 second blip of the story, in between a local shooting and a drunk driver who ran into someone's yard.

9 Dead, the most in one attack in over 2 years and it rates nothing on our news. :(
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    Nine more friends lost... - fucking stupid wars.

My thoughts are with their families, so many lives shattered.
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.
  • Options
    ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    My thoughts are with you, your friend and family and the families of those who lost someone.

I have a friend leaving for Afghanistan in 11 days... he just got back from his 3rd tour of Iraq 2 months ago...
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Oh wow, i hope family gets word soon.. This is just awful..

NO MORE WAR. :(

**HEARTS AND THOUGHTS TO THOSE **
  • Options
    Rjonesrm20Rjonesrm20 Posts: 380
    i'm hoping for nothing but the best for you...

war is a waste...

with hope,
    randy
    1998: Indy 2000: Indy, Cincy 2003: Lexington (m.e.o.), Cincy (cancelled),Indy 2004: Toledo 2005: Atlantic City 2 2006: Cleveland, Cincy 2008: Los Angeles1 (EV solo)-front row center!West Palm Beach-2nd row!, Tampa, Chicago 1&2-(EV solo) 2009: Nashville 1&2(EV solo) Memphis(EV solo) Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    My thought and prayers are with you, your friends and all those families involved.
  • Options
    mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 786
    Bump- any news from your friend's husband?
  • Options
    pj14pj14 Posts: 105
    end the war in 2009!
  • Options
    My prayers will be for your friend's husband that he is not one of the 9 and that she is able to endure this time of not knowing. Please let us know the outcome.

And I also for all of our troops to come home from this useless war.
    And if there's something you'd like to do. Oh, just let me continue to blame you.

EV Chi 1, 08/21/08
    EV Memphis, 06/20/09
  • Options
    JamilyManJamilyMan Posts: 240
    Lost 9 friends I'll never know...

whether it is your friend or not, there are at least 9 families that will be hit with some horrific news stemming from this tragedy. I hope your friend is not one of them - and I pray for the friends and families of those that are impacted.
    For those who scoff at "Jamily" in my name... 9 years ago, when my first daughter was born there were jokes about whether my priority would be my family or PJ. I smiled and quipped "I am a JamilyMan." What was a family joke became a hated term among jammers. Didn't see that one coming!
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    Hello everyone, thank you guys so much for your thoughts and sentiments. We heard from him today and he said that he was unharmed with everything that went on, thank God. I'd like to thank each one of you who kept him in your thoughts. Although this was relieving news to hear, I still can't get rid of that sicking feeling knowing that so many friends and families will be affected by the news that they have heard over the past couple of days. This still really sucks. No more war.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078
    over_bends wrote:
    Hello everyone, thank you guys so much for your thoughts and sentiments. We heard from him today and he said that he was unharmed with everything that went on, thank God. I'd like to thank each one of you who kept him in your thoughts. Although this was relieving news to hear, I still can't get rid of that sicking feeling knowing that so many friends and families will be affected by the news that they have heard over the past couple of days. This still really sucks. No more war.
    thank goodness he's all right! but he and everyone else will still be in my thoughts and prayers until they come home and are safe in their families' arms :( i kind of know what your going through, my best friend's father worked across the street from the WTC and on 9/11 she didnt know if he was ok until a few hours after the attack. it's exactly how you describe it, a sick feeling knowing that although the person you know is all right, there's still people out there who got "that" phone call :(
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    over_bends wrote:

so glad to hear this...i hope more families and friends are hearing good news.
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    over_bends wrote:

that's great news!!! i missed this thread earlier but i'm glad he is safe :)

bring 'em home!!
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    i also missed this thread before but i am glad for the good news. thoughts and prayers are always needed for our brave men and women fighting.....much love and respect for them.
  • Options
    j3trowkillj3trowkill Posts: 103
    over_bends wrote:

I'm glad that he's fine and hoping that everyone would be fine.
    "I had a false belief
    I thought I came here to stay
    We're all just visiting
    All just breaking like waves.."

07/09/06
    07/10/06
    07/15/06
  • Options
    alexersalexers Posts: 492
    Glad he's okay. Still in my thoughts. :)