Options

don't play leash again

2»

Comments

• Options
    i'm sorry. but this is a song that requires young angry men not rich middle aged. i heard it at the san diego show in 06 (i think that was it)..but the fire..the fire is just...gone.

THIS is what leash should sound like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCABp6Wk66I

You know, middle aged men can still conjure up a pissed off vibe and put it into song. Trust me, I'm in my 40's (far from rich, though) and I can still get get in touch with my inner young man angst! :twisted:

On a side note, when will people get off of the "old" vs "new" Pearl Jam? Better catch a ride in a time machine if all you can do is post clips (good as they might be) of the band's early 90's gigs. :roll:
    "Hello Oregonians. Hello Washingtonians. Hello Portland..where the fuck are we? We're in Ridgefield!"
  • Options
    while i understand that ed isn't a serial killer (once) or a woman settling (betterman) i still find the emotion that comes from a song like Leash to be gone when they perform it. the song was written from a young and angry perspective by a young and angry man. the rage and confusion about life and the world. it's a big "fuck you" to the world.

i personally don't feel like the tap into that energy any more when they play it. it sounds good. they still rip the shit out of the song..but there's something lacking.