Options

LA Tickets

More CowbellMore Cowbell Posts: 174
edited October 2009 in Given To Fly (live)
For those of you that have been to nights 1 & 2, have there been extra tickets available either at the venue or at the pre-parties? I am going with 10C tickets but now have other friends interested in going. Looking for two tickets to one of the nights (doesn't matter which) and one ticket to the other night. They don't need to be 10C tickets, they just want to get inside. Thanks for all responses.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,232
    FYI-- Last night, I sat next to a Ten Club member in Section 2 whose wife had to cancel at the last minute. He sold his extra ticket (Row EE) outside the venue for $80. The person he sold it to turned around and sold it to another guy for $180. So that gives you an idea of the going rate last night, I guess.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    miammmmiammm Posts: 7
    I was there last night as well, and the show was awesome, as always. I missed them all these years and was so glad to see them again performing in amazing top form! But I was hoping they'd play Black and Porch, until I realized that they played those songs on night 1.

So what's this "pre-party" thing? Is it for Ten Club members?

On another topic, I've bought tickets through Ten Club before but sometimes end up not using them because of last-minute change of plans. I know the tickets are non-refundable, and I know we're not supposed to sell them, but is there a forum where you can maybe trade tickets with other Ten Club members for different shows? Just wondering.
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,232
    miammm wrote:
    I was there last night as well, and the show was awesome, as always. I missed them all these years and was so glad to see them again performing in amazing top form! But I was hoping they'd play Black and Porch, until I realized that they played those songs on night 1.

So what's this "pre-party" thing? Is it for Ten Club members?

On another topic, I've bought tickets through Ten Club before but sometimes end up not using them because of last-minute change of plans. I know the tickets are non-refundable, and I know we're not supposed to sell them, but is there a forum where you can maybe trade tickets with other Ten Club members for different shows? Just wondering.

You're just asked not to sell them for above face value. Things come up that require people to miss shows, and no one would expect someone to eat the cost of tickets for a show, especially when the tickets are $150 or so for a pair.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    I was hanging around the ticket area for a bit. There are three professional scalpers who ask everyone who comes away from the Ten Club ticket area for extras.

There was a couple people looking for an extra and both people found one.

Just wait around and I would guess your friends will find singles at least. Try to identify the scalpers so when someone has an extra those guys don't buy it up for face value then turn around and sell it to you for double that.

You can tell the Ten Club member to sell it to you instead and walk into the show with them. (which the scalper would not do).
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,282
    edited October 2009
    I have 2 tix to sell at face value for tuesday. PM if interested! TICKETS ARE SOLD
    Post edited by mr bungle on
  • Options
    shershockleyshershockley Posts: 11
    edited October 2009
    hi for some reason i cant work the pm but i would like
    tickets. please email me
    Post edited by shershockley on
  • Options
    mateo45mateo45 the Central Coast of California Posts: 91
    anyone need to sell 2 tickets for wednesday? i would gladly buy them.
    "there's no lights by the stairs? oh, they'll be fine..."-ed, 11/4/95 san jose
  • Options
    I don't know about Wednesday's show. I was there on Thursday. I got to the show around the time PJ took the stage. There were at least ten fans hanging around the entrance begging for tickets. When I had been there several hours earlier to pick up my Ten club tickets, there was only one. So if any of you want to go to the venue looking for an extra ticket, I suggest going in the afternoon rather than waiting until the evening.

Also, Ticketmaster released a few single tix on its website that night around 6:30 pm.
    "May you live in interesting times."
  • Options
    jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    BF25394 wrote:
    FYI-- Last night, I sat next to a Ten Club member in Section 2 whose wife had to cancel at the last minute. He sold his extra ticket (Row EE) outside the venue for $80. The person he sold it to turned around and sold it to another guy for $180. So that gives you an idea of the going rate last night, I guess.

For anyone who sells an extra, have the person who buys it from you enter the show with you , that way you dont have to worry about someone taking your good deed and scalping the ticket.