Options

SANTOS L. HALPER = "SANTA'S LITTLE HELPER"?

morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
edited January 2010 in The Porch
A little play on words, 10C style?
Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
Troubled Souls Unite
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ......................................uuuuuuuggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....................
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    are you just gettin' that, now?

as i said in the other santos thread, not being a simpson fan i gave santos a lot more credit that he was apparently due ;) for coming up with a witty name/play on words. still like it tho, whether nicked from the simpsons or not! also, a fitting name for his job! :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    ......................................uuuuuuuggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....................

?
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

dumb-and-dumber-man-walks-on-moon.png

"No way? That's great! WE LANDED ON THE MOON!!"
  • Options
    are you just gettin' that, now?

as i said in the other santos thread, not being a simpson fan i gave santos a lot more credit that he was apparently due ;) for coming up with a witty name/play on words. still like it tho, whether nicked from the simpsons or not! also, a fitting name for his job! :mrgreen:

no, but I did a search and found nothing on it so I was just throwing it out there. sorry, I'll delete.
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • Options
    yeah thats why his avater is a picture of santas little helper.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,304
    There's no play here...his name is Santos Leonard Halper.

Here he is trying to juggle 10club Backspacer shipping order's with Kat's help:

SnowballSLH.gif
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    Poncier wrote:
    There's no play here...his name is Santos Leonard Halper.

Here he is trying to juggle 10club Backspacer shipping order's with Kat's help:

SnowballSLH.gif

No, that is Snowball II or is it III now?
  • Options
    There's also an episode where the dog (Santa's Little Helper) gets a credit card with the name Santos L. Halper on it.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,304
    anakin_pdx wrote:
    There's also an episode where the dog (Santa's Little Helper) gets a credit card with the name Santos L. Halper on it.
    Really?

Who'd have thunk?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

that made me laugh!
    :mrgreen:

and to the OP, no need to delete...just seemed funny b/c this is like the second santos thread in just as many days, so the other thread has been hanging out on the first page or 2, and then tis one...just odd coincidence.

and anakin, impressive simpsons knowledge! :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    079Slowpoke.png
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    When Bart complains he never gets any mail, Marge gives him the family's junk mail. One piece contains a credit card application, which Bart fills out under the name of his dog Santa's Little Helper, whom he claims to have the occupation "butt doctor". The company misreads the name as "Santos L. Halper", and the credit card application is approved. Before long, Bart receives a credit card. Bart goes on a shopping spree, buying the family some very expensive gifts from a mail order catalog: Vancouver smoked salmon and a radio-frying pan for Marge, a golf shirt with corporate logo for Homer, "Trucker's Choice Stay-Alert Capsules" for Lisa and many things for himself. The item that Bart anticipates the most is a finely-bred, pre-trained collie. Not letting its US$1,200 purchase price stand in the way, Bart promptly orders one. Upon its arrival Bart learns the dog's name is Laddie, and the rest of the family fall in love with the new dog, while Santa's Little Helper goes unnoticed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Canine_Mutiny
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202

didn't you do that with me and my name before you discovered the black crowes?
  • Options

didn't you do that with me and my name before you discovered the black crowes?

yep.
    tho to be fair, i did not discover the back crowes after reading your name (already knew of them and some of their songs that i already liked)...i just did not know at the time that your name was indeed a black crowes song title. i have since been fortunate enough to hear it live! so yes, apparently i give out credit for inventiveness easily/far too quickly, w/o having all the facts. :lol:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,774
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    No, that is Snowball II or is it III now?

There was an episode when Lisa went through several cats:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowball_% ... impsons%29
    Snowball V, a dark grey female cat that first appeared in "I (Annoyed Grunt)-Bot" and has been the family cat ever since. In order to save money on a new food dish, Snowball V was renamed Snowball II to save confusion about the cats before her. She is the current cat owned by the family. Snowball V is identical in appearance to Snowball II.

My line of thinking would be that Coltrane did not follow the Snowball lineage, and therefore, Snowball V would really be Snowball IV.

...yeah, i'm bored. The episode with Santos L. Halper is airing now in Columbus, and I googled "Santos L. Halper 10 Club" and this thread came up.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,614
    ...yeah, i'm bored. The episode with Santos L. Halper is airing now in Columbus, and I googled "Santos L. Halper 10 Club" and this thread came up.

I am in Columbus watching it right now, so I thought it was pretty funny when I saw this thread here.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,158
    RiotAct10 wrote:

I am in Columbus watching it right now, so I thought it was pretty funny when I saw this thread here.
    Makes 3.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Here's your conspiracy:

Pearl Jam was supposedly asked by the writers of The Simpsons to appear in an episode. They declined. I think there was a rumor at one time that it was the one where Homer takes the kids to Hullabalooza, and then gets the cannon balls to his stomach, but whatever.

We all know about Jimbo's sign asking the aliens for two tickets to Pearl Jam. (An obvious reference to Wishlist, if I say so myself.)

And the person who runs the store is Santos L. Halper.

...The Simpsons like Pearl Jam. Pearl Jam likes The Simpsons. It would be very interesting to know why the "Pearl Jam on The Simpsons" deal never went through.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    RiotAct10 wrote:

Makes 3.

Yeah, but how many of you are wearing the red hoody and orange "Old West Saloon" t-shirt?

Lost In Ohio, FTW. :P
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    RiotAct10 wrote:
    Makes 3.

Yeah, but how many of you are wearing the red hoody and orange "Old West Saloon" t-shirt?

Lost In Ohio, FTW. :P
    well you got me there!!! Are you up on campus?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,614
    ...The Simpsons like Pearl Jam. Pearl Jam likes The Simpsons. It would be very interesting to know why the "Pearl Jam on The Simpsons" deal never went through.

I think it just happened at the wrong time. A time when Pearl Jam just simply didn't do that sort of thing. Now if they were asked to do it, they might, unfortunatley, the Simpsons are past their prime, and Pearl Jam is no longer as popular as they used to be, so both sides might have sort of missed the boat on this one.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • Options
    MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Post of the year....so far
  • Options
    RiotAct10 wrote:

I think it just happened at the wrong time. A time when Pearl Jam just simply didn't do that sort of thing. Now if they were asked to do it, they might, unfortunatley, the Simpsons are past their prime, and Pearl Jam is no longer as popular as they used to be, so both sides might have sort of missed the boat on this one.

The whole premise of the show totally changed over the past few years.

IMO, it used to be a slapstick comedy along the lines of Homer being a fat klutz. The "new" comedy seems to be spoofing or parodying current events.
  • Options
    RiotAct10 wrote:

Could be good exposure for both right now.

Kinda suprised me that they wouldn't , since The Who , Ramones , The Stones And even U2 have appeared.

• Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    i hear ashton kutcher is also a fan!!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    pablo neruda is nothing infront of u..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    morgie2 wrote:
    A little play on words, 10C style?

HAHA! Im with you! Never put 2 and 2 together. I just figured he was of Hispanic deccent. Seriously...
  • Options
    REALLY? :-)
    I will scream my lungs out till it fills this room.
  • Options
    BH94718 wrote:
    REALLY? :-)

Yeah :lol: :oops: