Options

Ask the Next Poster a Question...

Comments

• Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    edited June 2016
    Hiking with a friend in the woods today and having a BBQ later.

Who is playing at the next concert you will be attending?
    Post edited by SmallestOceans on
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    As of right now, it'll be Pearl Jam at Wrigley in August. I don't have any other concert tickets in between, but that can change at any time. I did just go to ReggaeFest on Wednesday night, though.

Do you like to wake up to natural light coming in your windows, or do you try to block it out with blinds/curtains?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Natural light in the morning if it's gray or rainy, otherwise keep the light out! Pretty much only on the weekends since I otherwise get up before the sun begins its rise.

Have you ever forgotten you have a badass show coming up because it's a few months away?

(I got teased about this last night :unamused: )
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Nope, but I realized when reading a very good friend's concert list that the concert that he, my daughter and I are going to is on a completely different date than I thought. I had the right day of the week, just the wrong day by a few days. Whoops!

How far out are concerts planned for you right now?
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    Just August. I have to get looking for things coming up in the fall.

By what means do you find out about concerts that might interest you? Do you subscribe to any websites that notify you of just released dates? (double barrelled question there, I know).
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    This website...

There are other concerts? ;)
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    Indeed there are. :smiley: I have a Twitter account only for concert announcements. We read Blabbermouth and Metal Hammer. Those fill us in nicely. We subscribe to TicketFly and Ticket Web, Live Nation and TM. They all send us emails. I also receive concert texts from my good friend DD.

Are you so incredibly exhausted from the day that you are looking forward to a most fantastic evening of sleep?
  • Options
    Yes.
    And it is very nice that on top of your daily schedule you have time to dedicate a Happy Birthday to this forum.
    :clap:

Do you wish that your favourite hot sauce should be enjoyed by all?
  • Options
    If I liked hot sauce, then yes-- I would. The intense, ER trip thoughts are just not worth the pain.

It's team work with the birthday threads. Many a time has my behind been saved by some of the fine, fine folks here. :joy:

What is the most recent music that you have acquired? (Any format.)
  • Options
    I haven't purchased music for a while but have digitally taken in some new stuff.

Ever make a comment and then think, "oh dear, this could be taken in the wrong way"?
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    Yes, all the time, I analyze words too much.

Are you sometimes afraid that you don't give enough love ?
  • Options
    Nope - if anything, I go the other way.

Might giving your love - just giving it away - outweigh keeping it inside?

(and, if the love is there, does it even matter whether it's shared or held in?)
  • Options
    It can when it come across as emotional constipation.

Would you walk across hot coals?
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    Only if there was a good enough reason for needing to walk across hot coals.

Do you remember your dreams?
  • Options
    I remember certain parts of dreams. Usually the darker ones. And it makes you wonder if this stuff is coming from your own mind or if it is actually some kind of archon computer simulation. Dreaming is pretty crazy and deep when you really think about it.

Do you a real soul connection with anybody? Meaning you vibrate on a similar frequency, you feel when they might be in trouble, you say the same things at the same time, you know what they're thinking, mental telepathy, you can connect together through dreaming. I definitely have this kind of connection with my grandmother. A lot of people could probably do it if they are open to the idea and further explore it.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    Not in the mental telepathy sense, but there are some friends (here included!) with whom I've shared that same thought at the same time thing. And my husband and I often complete each other's thoughts. It's a sweet and surprisingly strong bond.

Do you think your lifepaths cross with certain people for a reason, or is it just happenstance?
  • Options
    Definitely for a reason. Everything is connected. I don't believe in coincidence.

What's your favorite month of the year and why?
    Central Park 15

• Options
    (I think we're all connected in a way, some stronger than others :) )

December!

We actually get "weather" in that time, and some beautiful dawns and sunsets.

AND CHRISTMAS. I don't formally celebrate it but love buying random (or not) gifts, plus the lights and scents and music. All of it. Just makes me happy.

Do you have a so-called bad TV show others give you shit about?
  • Options
    Yes, I don't see what's so funny about watching documentarys about ghosts and spirits :) yesterday my hubby wanted to see something about a woman vampire that loved eating brains but for some reasons, also was an expert in solving crimes wtf :)

Do you also dislike sci-fi ?
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    no i love it as long as its not b grade

do you like thrillers
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Yes sometimes

Are you close to addicted to your cellphone?
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • Options
    no i only need it for one thing (my daughter if shes desperate in trouble or in need) otherwise i could go without i hate phones whole family is like that too

can you go without tv
  • Options
    Yes, I barely watch TV nowadays.

How would you describe Soundgarden's style and sound?
    Central Park 15

• Options
    Comforting and riling.

Ever done the hot-coals walk?

(not necessarily via large white toothed Tony Robbins)
  • Options
    no i cant wrap them sorts of people cant feel a thing but visioned it

ever took out a major driving wheel bolt
  • Options
    I'm not sure...don't think so?

Is that something one would know if they did it?
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    yes its hard to do heaps of work to access it and tough to turn once you get to it
    i could babble on >.

did you like war movies like saving private ryan
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,521
    Not to much..i prefer fantasy-mystery movies..

have you see the Zeitgeist trilogy??..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    No

Do I need to see the Zeitgeist trilogy?
  • Options
    no idea
    all i know is that they are documentaries

do you like camping and where do you like going