Options

Ask the Next Poster a Question...

Comments

• Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    not personally, no.

Do you know any fathers with full custody?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    Yes I sure do

This question Is directed at a man, but women feel free to answer as I am hypothesizing.
    Should men receive child support/spousal support? As a man, I doubt I would even request it. It just doesn't seem like you are being a man. (Is there room in this world for men to be men anymore?). Oops that's two questions :lol:
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited January 2016

Yes I sure do

This question Is directed at a man, but women feel free to answer as I am hypothesizing.
    Should men receive child support/spousal support? As a man, I doubt I would even request it. It just doesn't seem like you are being a man. (Is there room in this world for men to be men anymore?). Oops that's two questions :lol:

Okay, with the way that you worded that you aren't really making men truly jazzed at stating that they get spousal support or child support. Just sayin'.

As a female, I am not at all against men receiving child support. You have to take into consideration that just because men typically make more than females do (another thing to bitch about at a later date) they would run into the same circumstances that a single mother would. You need to work. You need childcare. Is schooling sufficient in the area that you live in? Medical insurance rates are going up and up. Kids need braces and those are often only slightly covered. Sports, music and other extra curriculars are not usually free. Kids get sick and someone has to take off . . . I think you get where I'm going. I think that it would be the responsibility of both parents to share in the financial responsibility of raising children. I don't think of a man weak for requesting such things.

Spousal support is something that I have a bit of a rough time with in regard to either sex when children are NOT involved. You divorce, you say that it is the other person's job to continue to uphold your way of life when, if you are no longer with them why is it their responsibility to make certain that you live in a way you cannot afford on your own. Hardship? Sometimes you need to tighten your belt a bit.

All this said, there are exceptions to every rule. I just think that if it is fair for a woman to receive it, if a man is raising his own children he should receive as well.

Cooking anything yummy today?
    Post edited by deadendp on
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,836
    No plans to, it's a toast and PB kinda day.
    I also agree with all that you said above with regards to child/spousal support.

When was the last time you completed a puzzle?
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    Not a puzzle girl. Never been.

What is the last PJ album that you listened to in full?
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425
    Backspacer

What's the last thing you made in the oven?
  • Options
    Chicken enchiladas, sweet corn cake, banana chocolate chip oat cookies and black bean nacho burgers. It was big cooking day here! :smile:

When was the last time you had a non-meat burger?
  • Options
    3mos ago I bbqd hamburgers
    We took a bite and all agreed they were disgusting.
    Found out that I bought veggie burgers by mistake (saw the sale and just grabbed)

Do you like veggie dogs?

• Options
    Not so much. I hear you on some veggie burgers. It is kind of why I make my own. I'm not trying to make them taste like a burger. My guess is that you ended up with Boca burgers. Those things look like meat but are nasty.

Anyone gluten intolerant in your home?
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    No.

Intolerant in other ways? Sure =)

Ever yelled at the TV?
  • Options
    No.

Do you like yelling at a television?
  • Options

No.

Do you like yelling at a television?

Do I like doing so? Not necessarily. But I have done it, and satisfyingly so.

Is that concept a difficult one?
  • Options
    Nope, who hasn't called the Hartford Whalers a bunch of pussies in their own living room.

Anyone know that movie reference? :smiley:
  • Options
    Chasing Amy

What's your favorite Kevin Smith movie?
  • Options
    Dogma. That was the first one I saw and George Carlin was great.

Who is your favorite stand up comedian?
    "Not only do you have sunshine but you have better thunder...fuckers." -Ed, Phx 10/21/00
    PJ * 10/21/00 - Phx * 6/7/03 - Phx * 6/29/06 - Milwaukee * 6/30/06 - Milwaukee * 11/19/13 - Phx *
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • Options
    Currently it's Iliza Shlesigner. Jim Jefferies is up there too.

Same question...
  • Options
    Jim Jeffries now, all time is Richard Pryor

Do you spend five bucks on coffee at Starbucks?
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,771
    Theres only Starbucks in my town and i never been there..

Are you in good mood for the coming week??..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    My work week starts on Sunday so already in it. Bummer.

Did you ever listen to Loveline back in the day?
    "Not only do you have sunshine but you have better thunder...fuckers." -Ed, Phx 10/21/00
    PJ * 10/21/00 - Phx * 6/7/03 - Phx * 6/29/06 - Milwaukee * 6/30/06 - Milwaukee * 11/19/13 - Phx *
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • Options
    Yeah, more for the entertainment aspect vs advice. Corolla is the shit (Pinsky? eh).

Speaking of, ever seen Catch a Contractor?
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Just once...though the predator one I'd watch all the time. I wanted to see how many creepers fell for it.

Do you like indoor or outdoor stadiums?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Me too on the predator one. Talk about yelling to the tv!

To the question, indoor - and intimate / small :giggle:

Got some good music going at the moment?
  • Options
    Yes, the sounds of John Madden...
    I swear that guy can put me right to sleep ever Sunday afternoon.

Do you prefer hats or scaves when it's chilly? or both?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Hats for sure.

Are you a podcast listener?
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • Options
    No...haven't really checked them out.

Got a recommendation?

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Driftin'AlongDriftin'Along Posts: 1,403
    edited January 2016
    That all depends on what you like. There is a podcast for everybody. I listen to several. I like the Adam Carolla Show, Joe Rogan Experience, Fitzdog Radio, This Week in Marvel (I read comics), Alison Rosen is Your New Best Friend, WTF with Marc Maron and Classic Loveline.

Desert island. 5 albums. No PJ. Pick em...
    Post edited by Driftin'Along on
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    U2 - The Joshua Tree
    The Police - Synchronicity
    Rush - A Farewell To Kings
    Orbital - In Sides
    Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth

Same question...
  • Options
    Driftin'AlongDriftin'Along Posts: 1,403
    edited January 2016
    Widespread Panic - Everyday
    Grateful Dead - American Beauty
    My Morning Jacket - It Still Moves
    The Rolling Stones - Exile on Main Street
    The Strokes - Is This It?

Did you buy lottery tickets for the drawing last night?
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited January 2016
    Ritual de lo Habitual - Jane's Addiction
    Unplugged - Nirvana
    Aenima - Tool
    Jar of Flies - Alice In Chains
    Rust in Peace - Megadeth

Same question...
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Yes I bought lotto tickets. I'm going to buy more for the 1.3 BILLION dollar draw too.

Dopamine - Third Eye Blind
    Moondance - Van Morrison
    Billy Joel's greatest hits
    Superunknown - Soundgarden
    Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix Vol 1.

same question: 5 desert island albums
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435