Options

Ask the Next Poster a Question...

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    edited October 2015
    Aw! I named my car Diablo - and my husband and his brother have a long history with raising, teaching and educating about pit bulls. They're beautiful resilient animals.

That said, we have two cats =) I can't say my preference though, because I'm enamored of both.

Do you find, as you get older, it takes more to let certain people into your life? Not so much in a barrier sense, but in the bar is raised?
    *edit - and it's fucking awesome to meet them.
    Post edited by hedonist on
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    Yes, both in the barrier and bar raised sense. And I look froward to meeting you, Jedi Hedo (announce a tour already, PJ). :heart:

Isn't it great to have a day to do absolutely nothing once in a while?
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Actually I find I have less choice about who gets to be in my life as I get older. I definitely have less patience for dumbasses though.

The ¿ Is just an autocorrect accident when i try to ? But move my finger slightly to the left.

Do you give people who cough without covering their mouths in public dirty looks?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Yes to the nth degree.

(and me too!)

Would you be willing to give up one of your senses to have another enhanced?

*edited. Hi Mods! Can we have this edit option for pm's as well? Please and thank you :peace:
    Post edited by hedonist on
  • Options
    (and Ident, I probably do, though instinctively)
  • Options
    We got mixed up there didn't we?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options
    Yup, but laugh-worthy.

Does that happen to you as much as it does to me?
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited October 2015
    RKCNDY said:

First time I stayed at my grandparents' they made ovaltine in a cereal bowl and given a choice of cereal...frosted flakes or honey comb. I grudgingly ate the honey comb, and then they yelled at me (to the point of me in tears) because I didn't drink the cereal milk/ovaltine. They wouldn't stop yelling until I drank the disgusting slop, then ran to the bathroom to puke up my breakfast. That was the last time I saw my grandparents...and the last time I touched ovaltine.

Ovaltine is a happy drink, not an abusive one. I'm sorry. That makes me sad for you. :mentally noted not to send RK Ovaltine-- EVER:

hedonist said:

And (not) for nothinasitseems - ha! - I'm both types of persons, depending on weekday vs weekend.

Did you know it's National Pit Bull Awareness Day?

not for nothin! :lol:

i did not. but i do love pit's! my boyfriend's family owns a pit bull, his name is Diablo and he is i think 14 or 15 years old...so old for a pit.

are you more of a cat or a dog person?
    You know, I can be either one. Not lil yappy dogs. I've been seriously bitten by three large dogs, one requiring medical attention. I'm a damaged dog girl. However . . . last week, I was DELIGHTED to meet Derby Dave's big ole pup, Sammy.
    photo thumb_zpsjcwh9ol8.jpeg
    photo thumb_zpsbs5ud4av.jpeg
    She's a BIG girl and just wonderful. I LOVE her and DD is so LUCKY to have her.
    hedonist said:

Yup, but laugh-worthy.

Does that happen to you as much as it does to me?

Just happened now, dammit!

Do you know how to bake a butternut squash? (If so, include recipe. Please.)
    Post edited by deadendp on
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    edited October 2015
    Yes, wash squash. Cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds, now you can either drizzle olive oil all over them and sprinkle on salt and pepper (or I like to put a pat of butter and a spoonful of brown sugar in the hollowed out portion), OR peel and chop into cubes, drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper. Place in glass baking dish. Bake at 350℉ for 60-90 minutes, or until it is soft like a baked potato.

Do you have a hot tub?
    Post edited by RKCNDY on
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    deadendp said:

Ovaltine is a happy drink, not an abusive one. I'm sorry. That makes me sad for you. :mentally noted not to send RK Ovaltine-- EVER:

No worries, my grandparents were the mean grouchy kind. Even though I was young, I knew...I was always told 'grandpa's mean...he always yelled at all his kids, now he yells at the grandkids'
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    RKCNDY said:

Yes, wash squash. Cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds, now you can either drizzle olive oil all over them and sprinkle on salt and pepper (or I like to put a pat of butter and a spoonful of brown sugar in the hollowed out portion), OR peel and chop into cubes, drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper. Place in glass baking dish. Bake at 350℉ for 60-90 minutes, or until it is soft like a baked potato.

Do you have a hot tub?

Is a hot tub also necessary for cooking squash? If so, I don't have one (also, if not, I don't have one).

Do you take home the little toiletries in hotel bathrooms?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Hot tubs not necessary for squash cooking. Though nice for after dinner relaxing.

If the toiletries from the hotel are nice, yes I take them. I usually tip housekeeping, and they have snuck extras in my bathroom bag for me.

Do you like to bake?

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    edited October 2015
    Yes with a proper oven I used to get my cake book out and experiment

Do you know dark chocolate doesn't give you bad skin
    Post edited by JWPearl on
  • Options
    No I didn't but I am aware of the other benefits of dark chocolate!

What is your earliest memory?
  • Options
    I can't really say or shouldn't but a photograph with my mum as a baby...

What is your earliest memory
  • Options
    Nursery school.

(deadend, I LOVE the photos)

Is re-discovering old music just...wow (for lack of a better word)?
  • Options
    Yes, it is.

Sammy is just more wonderful than I can possibly describe!

Are you multi-technological this evening? (I don't know that it would be the correct term, but you know what I'm saying-- I think.)
  • Options
    No I'm feeling a little seedy this morning I can't multi anything at the moment too tired can even keep up with the threads -_-

What does lack of sleep do to you
  • Options
    It can go either way, but usually I am loopy.

Do you wash dishes by hand, or do you have a dishwasher?
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Dish washer for the dishes, hands for the pots and pans and good knives.

Do you have to get on an airplane tomorrow?
  • Options
    Yes, and yes (as in generally me).

When I first moved in here, there was - still is - a dishwasher. But the water line was fucked up and I figured no biggie, grew up without it to begin with, so I painted the front in a copper-y color and haven't touched it since.

How about old Aerosmith? Like the Draw the Line era?
  • Options
    No, I don't. In April is the next planned trip.

What are the current weather conditions? (Windy and VERY rainy here.)
  • Options
    Quick fingers beat me =)

And no, but for those who are, may it be a safe, no drama, and fun ride.

(with the ability to post while on the plane)
  • Options
    Current weather conditions are, ahem, off limits. Boston's weather conditions are fairly pleasant although a bit chilly.

(and thanks hedo, though sadly I won't be able to post en route).

What's the best idea you've ever had? (or at least in your top five)?
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,422
    Quitting facebook

Do you like playing darts?
  • Options
    LOVE playing darts! Don't do it so much anymore because I don't hang in bars too much. I was good too.

Favorite place to visit that's not family related?
  • Options
    The San Diego area. One of my closest friends lives there.

If someone was visiting the area you lived for the first time, what 3 things would you suggest they see or do?
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    I would take them to eat NY Pizza and introduce them to a Grandma slice, take them to see the beach and the little spots where no one goes to, lastly take them on a train ride into the city to see the spectacle of Times Square.

Have you ever participated in SantaCon?
  • Options
    no, i actively avoid that kind of crap.

Are you craving a grandma slice now? (thanks tempo!)
  • Options
    Not really because I have no idea what the heck a "grandma slice" is anyhow.

What's for dinner this evening?