Ask the Next Poster a Question...

Comments

• afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    I watch them again...like Miracle on 34th Street..I loved that movie as a kid :)

What's a movie from your childhood that you still watch now?
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • I would watch them all again, even if it was just to see how much they differ now from what I perceived back then :) I really badly want to see ET again, it's been quite some time.

Have you seen "*Batteries not included"? Loved that one, too. (I was reminded of it when you posted your movie question, cause the German title is "Miracle on 8th street :) )
    I think I may have seen that when it first came out. E.T. is definitely one of my faves...that's the first movie I remember seeing in the movie theater. :)

Do you have a fave John Hughes movie? ( A watched alot of these when I was younger and I still enjoy them :) )
  • I really liked and still like Ferris Bueller's Day Off and The Breakfast Club! I think watching movies like that is the perfect way to spend a lazy days on the sofa :D

Do you like musical movies? (the ones where they sing rather than talk)
    In general, I'm not a huge musical fan..except of course for The Wall and Cannibal! The Musical was hilarious.

Do you think PJ should do a rock opera album something like The Wall, Tommy or Quadrophrenia?
  • :think: I think I wouldn't really like the idea :? Maybe in 30 years? :shifty: And it's hard to do stuff like that live. But I wanna see them playing live :)

Would you like that?
    I'm not sure...I think they could come up with something really amazing...Eddie's writing and story telling abilities are just so wonderful that it would be cool to see what they would do. However, like you mentioned, the cool thing about pearl jam shows is you never know what you're going to get, so if it was something they played live, then you would know what was coming.

Do you have a particular venue on your concert bucket list?
  • Once in my life I really wanna see PJ play The Gorge and / or Red Rocks. For everything else, I'm happy to get what I can get :)

What's yours?
    Those are actually mine too! :D I heard the scenery for both is amazing.

What band/artist did you listen to as a kid that you still enjoy?
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    The Monkees--I still think some of their songs are very good ...like the song "Words"

and you?
    Pink Floyd, the Doors, the Stones...

What's your fave Stephen King movie?
  • kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    No faves...only saw parts of Cujo...closed my eyes for most of it because it gives me nightmares :shock:

Do you like horror movies??
  • Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    Not so much.... they scare me too much. I do like you and keep my eyes closed for the most part.

Would you rather lounge by an ocean or by a lake?
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    Ocean

Do you surf?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    I've body-surfed & been out on boogie-boards in Florida but no, never surfed. Would love to but don't live near an ocean :(

Have you ever had a jump for extreme joy moment??
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    all the time.. I get excited easily..

Do you enjoy pepsi or coke?
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Actually, neither. I don't drink soda. If I do, it's Sprite (which, I suppose, is a Coke product) because it's caffeine free.

Do you call it soda or pop?
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
    I call it soda, but this is something somebody from Michigan does not do.. I grew up spending every summer with my cousin from Philly and he would always make fun of me for saying pop..

Do you miss a family member that you rarely see anymore?
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    Yes.

Are you tired of the multiple sports themed threads on this board?
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    Not at all.. I love that people get to post on topics that they love..

Are you a sports hater?
  • Nima36Nima36 Posts: 221
    No I actually enjoy them quite a bit.

Anyone see 'We Bought a Zoo' on Saturday?
    No but it look slike a feel good movie...& I'd like to do something crazy!!

Ever do anything crazy & out of the norm for you??
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    crazy is the norm for me :?

you?
    Crazy mixed in with Innapropriate is how I like to live my life.

Anyone planning to go overseas this summer to catch a PJ show?
  • Carey wrote:
    Are you tired of the multiple sports themed threads on this board?
    Oh no, Carey...I just contributed a sports themed thread on The Porch! :oops:
    Nima36 wrote:
    Crazy mixed in with Innapropriate is how I like to live my life.

Anyone planning to go overseas this summer to catch a PJ show?
    Unfortunately, no overseas summer shows are in my future :cry:
    If you could travel anywhere overseas, where would it be?
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
    Right Now I'd really like to be in New Zealand.

Worst place you have ever been to?
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    Nima36 wrote:
    Right Now I'd really like to be in New Zealand.

Worst place you have ever been to?

A Damn Yankees concert

favorite concert venue?
    9:30 club in DC...although I like the Pier 6 in Bmore too...if they would play some better bands there..
    I have a feeling once I make it to The Gorge or Red Rocks it will change. Oh, and I guess that alpine place was kind of cool. :)

Favorite opening band that you've seen?
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    Too many to pick. 5 way tie between The Black Keys, The Duke Spirit, Bad Religion, The Kills, and The almighty FROGS!!!!.

Do you usually arrive in time to catch the openers or are you a late arriver?
    I usually try to make it in time to see the openers...I've caught some great bands that way.

Is there a concert venue that you refuse to go to?