Options

DTE is this song even good?

2»

Comments

• Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    I actually think DTE is one of their worst songs. Every time I see them they play it and I cringe when I hear those opening riffs.

na, amazing song live. I think when i saw it live is when i started to like it!
    the album version is just a bit to slow i think!
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    I've been trying to think of a cool evolution-themed tattoo for the longest time if that answers your question...
    Are you a screenwriter?
    www.screenplaymechanic.com
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    THAT IS A GREAT IDEA....A NO CODE REMEDY

I think the vinyl will have to come out for this cure.

amazingly I listen to a ton of other things besides PJ, but this is the first time since 91 I think I ever skipped Black unplugged and thought I don't like this song right now(DTE).

I have a fever...and I gotta have more No Code that must be it
  • Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    well, at least your crack seems to be grade 'A' :p
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    rvprvp Posts: 779
    if youy listen to a song, an album or whatever (even a word) over and over again, you will probably will experience different feelings while doing it... you can't expect to feel the same way about one song forever, specially when you listen to it over and over... in my opinion, when you do so, you are bound even to hate the song at a certain point...
    But the great thing about PJ, imo, is that each song evolves and changes as time passes, it happened to me lots of times with different songs...

I couldn't care less about DTE when I first listened to it... and I would often skip it but then... I listened to the version of Buenos Aires 11/25/2005 and it was a completly new song for me!! I loved it then and I love it since...
    So I recommend: give it a rest or... listen to that version asap and fall back in love with the song... ;)
    fuera de este mundo
  • Options
    nfanel wrote:
    one of my favorite songs and hands down my favorite live song. never gets old.

when i am in a bad mood and turn this song up LOUD there is nothing like that opening scream. i feel like i release all of my frustrations with ed when i hear that.

and that second 'hallelujah"....when ed's deep voice joins in... *sigh* ... might be my favorite moment in any song. still gives me chills, all these years later.

agree with everthing you just said!
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    Depending on my mood...I fall in and out of love with DTE. Bottom line though...it's a very creative song all around.

I love the tongue-in-cheekness of it!
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    Best live song they got...top 5 studio song as well.
    5/24/06 - Boston
    5/25/06 - Boston
    6/28/08 - Mansfield
    6/30/08 - Mansfield
    8/2/08 - Eddie in Boston (FRONT ROW!)