Options

Eddie Guest Editor in this months Rip It Up

bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
edited October 2009 in The Porch
http://www.ripitup.co.nz/

Really? So the newsletter says... In stores Monday.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    might make reading that trash worth it for once.

it used to be so good.... then it got soooooooo bad. is that bomber arsehole still editor?
  • Options
    doompony wrote:
    might make reading that trash worth it for once.

it used to be so good.... then it got soooooooo bad. is that bomber arsehole still editor?
    No, silly! Eddie Vedder is!

P.S. No he's not...

P.P.S. I liked it better when it was newsprint... :)
  • Options
    yes! when murray cammick ran it and it had music in it that didn't suck. then they changed it to a "proper" magazine. scott kara did an okay job but i was friends with someone back in the day who interviewed REM at glastonbury and scott promised the cover to that interview but replaced it with britney spears because she's hotter than stipe and i was like "....pfft."
  • Options
    oh and then they had the GALL to have "nothing matters but the music" as their logo. whatevs rip it up. what. evs.
  • Options
    http://www.ripitup.co.nz/index.php/features/pearl-jam-exclusive

how about that then eh? might nip down to the supermarket later and get a copy.
  • Options
    lotta pj content and a nice review of backspacer (though..really unnecessary information to include all the stuff about target... who fucking cares? we don't HAVE targets. it doesn't matter! fill the space with talk about the album)

surprised to see a guide to pj music that tells us to get ten, vs and vitalogy - wild card riot act.. but to avoid yield because it sucks.

uh.

ok.

jerks.

rip it up still sucks though - vedder doesn't look like he had TOO much to do with this issue
  • Options
    uh.

ok.

jerks.

It's an opinion. Let people have them.

And btw, Riot Act > Yield :)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    my opinion is they're jerks.

yield is my fave album.

plus i'm pretty sure the same magazine sucked up its arse when it came out. plus, ten, vs and vitalogy? that's redonkulous.
  • Options
    doompony wrote:
    rip it up still sucks though - vedder doesn't look like he had TOO much to do with this issue
    What do you mean?! He edited the damn thing!
  • Options
    they didn't even name him as "editor" in the mag credit-type bit.

ED-itor..hoho
  • Options
    That's crap. Is it worth picking up? I was going to, but sounds more and more gimmicky.
  • Options
    i can scan all the pearl jam related stuff if you'd prefer to keep your $8
  • Options
    Nah, it's not that. Just a judgement call from you as to whether it's worth having as PJ memorabilia?
  • Options
    ah. well. may as well buy it i guess. you can buy it and look back and say "that's the RIU that came out a month before i saw them play"
  • Options
    i read the article. it's not very good at all. you know what half an article about 2009 era pearl jam should be about? the story we've all already heard about the first 5-10 years.