Options

Cablevision Employees Can Buy Great MSG Seats

Tremendous UpsideTremendous Upside Posts: 118
edited April 2008 in The Porch
Buddy works for Cablevision here in NYC...

He just got the following email...Wonder how many tix are set aside for this?

"FIRST COME FIRST SERVED - LIMIT 2 tickets per employee

All full-time and part-time Cablevision employees are eligible to purchase tickets from the employee pool. Temps, consultants, freelancers and outside vendors are not eligible.

MADISON SQUARE GARDEN

PEARL JAM
Tues. 6/24/08 7:30 p.m.
Wed. 6/25/08 7:30 p.m.

Sections: 123, 223, 224 $77.00 each

The Cablevision Employee Tickets Department service charge of $2.00 per ticket will be charged for this event. This charge applies to credit card, check and money order payments."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479

All full-time and part-time Cablevision employees are eligible to purchase tickets from the employee pool. Temps, consultants, freelancers and outside vendors are not eligible.

MADISON SQUARE GARDEN

PEARL JAM

The Cablevision Employee Tickets Department service charge of $2.00 per ticket will be charged for this event. This charge applies to credit card, check and money order payments."

great news, another group of people gettting tickets that are never sold to the public.

Jeeze you think any of these guys are suppliers to the brokers or auction flippers? Nah couldnt be.

Dont blame the 10c when you cant get tix. THIS IS WHY. I wonder how many other corps have such deals. No wonder we cant get a decent seat to an MSG show.

Sec 123 is a great seat, that is why I keep telling people it is IMPOSSIBLE to predict where the 10C seats have been allocated
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    great news, another group of people gettting tickets that are never sold to the public.

Jeeze you think any of these guys are suppliers to the brokers or auction flippers? Nah couldnt be.

Dont blame the 10c when you cant get tix. THIS IS WHY. I wonder how many other corps have such deals. No wonder we cant get a decent seat to an MSG show.

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking
  • Options
    Pretty much exactly what I was thinking

In the meantime, Id love two seats in 123 for night 2. Can you hook a brother up?
  • Options
    sk8nshoot1sk8nshoot1 Posts: 722
    Approx 160 to 180 tickets there... small potatos...

Oh, and hey, they only OWN the place... What the hell...
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II
  • Options
    sk8nshoot1 wrote:
    Approx 160 to 180 tickets there... small potatos...

Oh, and hey, they only OWN the place... What the hell...

not when you consider they may be 10-20 corps (or more in NYC!) with the same set up.

Thats for the employees. What do you think the deal is for the execs?
    Company box or better seats?
  • Options
    Doed Pearl Jam see any money for the corporate boxes? I have never really thought about that.
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    not when you consider they may be 10-20 corps (or more in NYC!) with the same set up.

Thats for the employees. What do you think the deal is for the execs?
    Company box or better seats?

Probably company box... But then they still have to buy tickets for each event... The box is like minimum $100k then they buy ticket packages for the sports and each show...

I'm sure there's not 10-20 companies getting 3 sections worth... Maybe a few comp pairs...
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2016 Fenway I
  • Options
    sk8nshoot1 wrote:
    Probably company box... But then they still have to buy tickets for each event... The box is like minimum $100k then they buy ticket packages for the sports and each show...

I'm sure there's not 10-20 companies getting 3 sections worth... Maybe a few comp pairs...

No way Cablevision pays retail for the box.

More promotional tickets (which is what TM calls these type of tix I believe) are held back in NYC than anywhere else, Ive heard estimates from insiders that it could be as much as 10-20% of MSG. And mostly good seats-thats the killer. Many have a standing agreement to just sell them to the brokers because they know the insider offer is coming for EVERY show.

Its a big problem and the reason TM cant control the secondary market, this goes on all over the country and I believe is one of the main ways scalpers get tix.

I wonder is it always the same sections for every show? If so that might explain how brokers know the sections before the onsales.
  • Options
    SkeeterBSkeeterB If I knew where it was, I would take you there... Posts: 422
    You guys do know that Cablevision basically owns MSG.
    Fighting childhood obesity...
    www.amazingathletes.com/northchi
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Good on them and I hope the ones who choose to take advantage of the opportunity enjoy themselves to the fullest..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    MahoneMahone Posts: 62
    I get comp tickets to events all the time from my job. The event promoters give a certain amount away to the advertising outlets in exchange for a good ad rate. While nothing good has come to the MassMutual Center in some time, they always give our sales people a handful of tickets, who use these tickets to schmooze clients, too. Whatever our sales people don't use, trickles down to us. I have a friend who works for TD Banknorth, and whenever an event comes around they always reserve tickets for employees. I remember her telling me she could have got tickets to see The Who there for like $100 in a box. I was hoping Pearl Jam would choose there again so I could get the hookup, but alas, back to The Tweeter.
    4.6.94 Springfield 4.12.94 Boston III (Orpheum) 10.2.96 Hartford 9.16.98 Mansfield II 8.29.00 Mansfield I 7.11.03 Mansfield III 9.29.04 Boston II 5.24.06 Boston I 6.30.08 Mansfield II
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    Good on them and I hope the ones who choose to take advantage of the opportunity enjoy themselves to the fullest..

I actually agree with that IF THEY GO TO THE SHOW instead of flipping.

But doesnt it trouble you just a bit that there are blocks of seats that are not being made available to the public?
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    No way Cablevision pays retail for the box.

More promotional tickets (which is what TM calls these type of tix I believe) are held back in NYC than anywhere else, Ive heard estimates from insiders that it could be as much as 10-20% of MSG. And mostly good seats-thats the killer. Many have a standing agreement to just sell them to the brokers because they know the insider offer is coming for EVERY show.

Its a big problem and the reason TM cant control the secondary market, this goes on all over the country and I believe is one of the main ways scalpers get tix.

I wonder is it always the same sections for every show? If so that might explain how brokers know the sections before the onsales.

Probably the same section...

I bet they claim they paid retail on ther taxes.... Entertainment/Marketing expenses/expenditures...
    2016 Fenway I
  • Options
    sk8nshoot1 wrote:
    Probably the same section...

I bet they claim they paid retail on ther taxes.... Entertainment/Marketing expenses/expenditures...

hahahaha now thats an entirely different story
    :)

edit: The dolans probably buy it and "rent" it back to the company at an outrageous price, now that I think about it.
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:

But doesnt it trouble you just a bit that there are blocks of seats that are not being made available to the public?

Not really... Just think of it as a 15,000 seat venue... LOL...

Don't you think that if PJ played in Boston Lou's backyard that he'd have some tickets to do what he felt like with? :)
    2016 Fenway I
  • Options
    sk8nshoot1 wrote:
    Not really... Just think of it as a 15,000 seat venue... LOL...

Don't you think that if PJ played in Boston Lou's backyard that he'd have some tickets to do what he felt like with? :)

But a lot of good seats are held this way, and the percentage of tix withheld from the public has been growing and growing to the point that the average Joe cant get good seats.

Id trade what I got at the 10c TM presale for 123 in a heart beat.

Talk to the 10c members with no tickets. Or the longtime member that is sitting in the 300s because the 10c could not get a better allocation.

I think its bigger than most of us realize-I hope Im wrong.

Its just another part of the corruption that is TM.
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Get_Right wrote:

Of course I meant if they go and not flip. As for it troubling me personally, luckily I don't let little things like this get to me. Especially when it's beyond my control. I do understand your vaild frustration. With that said, chill out, grab a beer and enjoy the concert :)..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:

Whoa, it's not ticketmaster holding them back... It's the Garden and it's management... (as well as every other venue in the country to some degree) Ticketmaster only makes money when they actually sell a ticket to the public... Give them crap for the fees and such, but not for h9lding back or giving away seats...
    2016 Fenway I
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    Of course I meant if they go and not flip. As for it troubling me personally, luckily I don't let little things like this get to me. Especially when it's beyond my control. I do understand your vaild frustration. With that said, chill out, grab a beer and enjoy the concert :)..

I am all set for this run. And very chill. No worries there.

The whole TM thing gets me going though. Its so fucking corrupt.
  • Options
    sk8nshoot1 wrote:
    Whoa, it's not ticketmaster holding them back... It's the Garden and it's management... (as well as every other venue in the country to some degree) Ticketmaster only makes money when they actually sell a ticket to the public... Give them crap for the fees and such, but not for h9lding back or giving away seats...

Its both, worse with TM believe it or not. In this case the garden. My bad.
  • Options
    The issue isn't so much whether or not they should be able to do it...Of they can, they own the building...

I just find it kinda frustrating that knowing how difficult it was for many real fans and 10C members to get tickets, and how many still may not have any, my dumbass buddy gets an email two weeks after it is "sold out" where he can get 2 prime seats for a discount...

As the poster above said, this is all to common at sports/concert venues these days, as the true fans get shut out so that corporations can give tix to clients, employees, etc who often don't even care what band they are seeing
  • Options

MADISON SQUARE GARDEN

PEARL JAM

prob around 100
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    ohh man niiice!!! Where the hell is stateoflove79 I think he used to work for them...don't remember him getting company seats...guess it depends how high up the foodchain you are.

Sooo Tremendous...how many of us can your buddy hook up????? lol
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    WranglerWrangler Posts: 50
    Get_Right wrote:
    But a lot of good seats are held this way, and the percentage of tix withheld from the public has been growing and growing to the point that the average Joe cant get good seats.

Id trade what I got at the 10c TM presale for 123 in a heart beat.

Talk to the 10c members with no tickets. Or the longtime member that is sitting in the 300s because the 10c could not get a better allocation.

I think its bigger than most of us realize-I hope Im wrong.

Cablevision owns the Garden they can do whatever they want with the tickets. These are going to employees only. Aren't they considered the public? Cablevision does this for every concert they have. Sometimes they even have a lottery for more popular events. It is a benefit to being an employee. I'd rather see it go to employees than scalpers. Again they can do whatever they want when they own the place. Don't you think the employees who benefit from this and actually purchase tickets at cost (no discount) are fans? I understand some employees may resell these tickets but that goes the same for 10C members. Stop the whining.
  • Options
    Just because someone is being critical or presenting a dissenting opinion doesn't automatically make it whining...
  • Options
    WranglerWrangler Posts: 50
    If everyone had their facts straight or had a legit gripe I wouldn't have even commented. To say the 10C has more right to these tickets than Cablevision just doesn't make sense. So if PJ played in your backyard that held 100 people - You wouldn't make a deal with them to have 10 seats for you and your friends. Right...
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    It not what you know, it's who you know. I think we've all taken advantage of deals like this. It may have not been Pearl Jam, but we all get perks with our job of some sort. This is the perk for being part of Cablevision. Maybe X-man can call Isaiah and hook us up?
    NERDS!
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,078
    It not what you know, it's who you know. I think we've all taken advantage of deals like this. It may have not been Pearl Jam, but we all get perks with our job of some sort. This is the perk for being part of Cablevision. Maybe X-man can call Isaiah and hook us up?

doubtful, i've just been contracted by donnie walsh to change the locks on the building to keep him out....
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    vitodacatvitodacat Posts: 466
    amazing how many tix popped up on Stubhub in section 123....and only for $800 !!!

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
  • Options
    This place probably is getting flooded with aplications after this thread.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows