Options

Newb Question Here

rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,956
edited March 2008 in The Porch
I know this is so newbish of me but it's my first time buying Ten Club tickets. If we don't have a partner to go with since the tickets are sold in pairs and I know it's "illegal" to sell your Ten Club ticket to someone else but basically if I put up a Ten Club ticket on the board how would I be able to give it to someone? Thanks duderinoes.
Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
Butthead: Huh huh.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Probably the best thing to do is announce what ticket you have an extra of and have interested parties PM you. Then you guys could set up a meeting time, etc.
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    I would say that exchanging phone numbers and setting up a " meeting place" to swap tix would be sufficient.
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,483
    I know this is so newbish of me but it's my first time buying Ten Club tickets. If we don't have a partner to go with since the tickets are sold in pairs and I know it's "illegal" to sell your Ten Club ticket to someone else but basically if I put up a Ten Club ticket on the board how would I be able to give it to someone? Thanks duderinoes.

I was about to say thanks for not typing n00b, but then you blew it by typing "duderones".

You can sell your other ticket for face value or less.
    Or trade it.

Or make someones day and give them one for free. cause thats waht pearl jam fans do.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    im sure his dudeness will find someone to give the ticket to
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    hoobot24hoobot24 Posts: 56
    i see people offering and asking for extras or pairs etc here all the time around tour-time, but i really didn't think until today about how exactly you give/sell your ticket(s) to another member with the whole "the 10c member that purchased the tix must pick tix up in person at the venue!" thing. not every venue is in our backyard, so how does one do this in detail?
    im not really looking forward to it if i have to drive 7 hours some place to pick a couple tix up and hand them to someone else, then drive another 7 hours back.
    that is assuming 10c will not let me transfer my pair to someone without me having to pick them up and what not....
  • Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912
    it is simple.

you post "hey i have an extra 10c ticket to ____ show".
    people pm you.
    you exchange cell phone numbers.
    you set up a place to meet. "hey meet me at the ten club window at 6pm"
    you pick up your tickets.
    you find your new buddy and exchange cash for ticket.

it happens all the time. you will notice the single people hanging around the ticket window. some have an arrangement. some are looking for people with extras that still arent spoken for. (this is also good to know if you need a last minute ticket- just dont be a jackass and only offer half the face value. pay full price for the best seats in the house)
  • Options
    hoobot24hoobot24 Posts: 56
    mensane wrote:
    it is simple.

you post "hey i have an extra 10c ticket to ____ show".
    people pm you.
    you exchange cell phone numbers.
    you set up a place to meet. "hey meet me at the ten club window at 6pm"
    you pick up your tickets.
    you find your new buddy and exchange cash for ticket.

it happens all the time. you will notice the single people hanging around the ticket window. some have an arrangement. some are looking for people with extras that still arent spoken for. (this is also good to know if you need a last minute ticket- just dont be a jackass and only offer half the face value. pay full price for the best seats in the house)

the only problem i have with that is that in my position i'd have to travel 7 hours and back particularly to do the deal.
  • Options
    Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    Don't worry Chili Pepper Jam... There are always people (like me) looking for a ticket the day of the show and willing to pay face value... If you don't get rid of it on the board here, just look for some lonely soul hanging around @ the ten club window and you'll have a fellow jammer rocking out at the show with you..
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • Options
    onejourneyonejourney Posts: 285
    hoobot24 wrote:
    i see people offering and asking for extras or pairs etc here all the time around tour-time, but i really didn't think until today about how exactly you give/sell your ticket(s) to another member with the whole "the 10c member that purchased the tix must pick tix up in person at the venue!" thing. not every venue is in our backyard, so how does one do this in detail?
    im not really looking forward to it if i have to drive 7 hours some place to pick a couple tix up and hand them to someone else, then drive another 7 hours back.
    that is assuming 10c will not let me transfer my pair to someone without me having to pick them up and what not....

Most people are not getting rid of pairs, its usually a show they couldnt find someone to go with, or would rather go with a fellow 10C member. If you drive 7 hours to pick up tickets, you have no reason not to go enjoy the show. Then you trade with someone for another night, or sell it for face value. Not to hard to understand. Its the best way to make sure these tickets dont end up on ebay.
    "...just be glad you have the music and cherish it for yourself..." -stateoflove79
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    I tell you PJ fans seem much nicer in person than on these boards.. I was in San Diego to see them years ago and did not have a ticket and I wound up meeting some good fans who had an extra ticket the day of the show and they sold it to me for face value...
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......